Old 10-07-20, 10:00 AM
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
Originally Posted by Slick Madone
Anyone else local in DFW ride one of these? Curious for more feedback on the ride quality vs carbon and aluminum.
I only have a carbon road bike to compare it to, not a carbon gravel bike, but I'd say the ride is quite nice. Equal to, if not better, than my Roubaix, really. I do not own an aluminum bike to compare it to. I will say riding on pavement it feels less chattery than my Roubaix did, and when I'm on pretty decent gravel my arms vibrate much more than my back end. I'm sure the carbon fork is doing a decent job but i mean, it's still rigid so it's not going to be like floating on a cloud. When on more packed dirt/gravel, the thing flies. It's pretty quick out of the gate, feels stiff enough (though keep in mind I'm only 5'5", 140lbs, and not super muscley so I'm not exactly going to flex the frame even when I mash. lol).
I never felt like my Roubaix was particularly good at soaking up the bumps and whatnot, it was just lightweight.

The test group in Dallas is pretty small so far, and I think they are all part of a pretty close group so I'm not surprised yu haven't heard much. I'm the only tester in Houston at the moment. The bikes are still rolling out.

I think you'd be pretty happy with the ride quality, especially after putting on your own saddle and making any customizations for fit.
Old 10-07-20, 12:03 PM
Slick Madone

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by the sci guy
I only have a carbon road bike to compare it to, not a carbon gravel bike, but I'd say the ride is quite nice. Equal to, if not better, than my Roubaix, really. I do not own an aluminum bike to compare it to. I will say riding on pavement it feels less chattery than my Roubaix did, and when I'm on pretty decent gravel my arms vibrate much more than my back end. I'm sure the carbon fork is doing a decent job but i mean, it's still rigid so it's not going to be like floating on a cloud. When on more packed dirt/gravel, the thing flies. It's pretty quick out of the gate, feels stiff enough (though keep in mind I'm only 5'5", 140lbs, and not super muscley so I'm not exactly going to flex the frame even when I mash. lol).
I never felt like my Roubaix was particularly good at soaking up the bumps and whatnot, it was just lightweight.

The test group in Dallas is pretty small so far, and I think they are all part of a pretty close group so I'm not surprised yu haven't heard much. I'm the only tester in Houston at the moment. The bikes are still rolling out.

I think you'd be pretty happy with the ride quality, especially after putting on your own saddle and making any customizations for fit.
Thanks for the reply.
Old 02-03-21, 04:25 PM
causeyb21

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey! Are you still looking for ambassadors? I ride gravel all over DFW and would love to learn more about Vaast bikes.
Old 02-08-21, 05:02 PM
DonutEndurance

Bikes: 29'er hardtail converted to dropbar adventure bike, Specialized Diverge, Trek Crockett

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Late to the party!

Originally Posted by mjburke
Hi, all! I’m new to Bike Forums but figured this was an excellent resource to reach out to riders in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area. I work for a new bike company called VAAST Bikes, introducing a line of all road adventure bikes and exclusively using ALLITE Super Magnesium for our frames. We’re interested in getting broad feedback across U.S. riders and so we are looking for brand ambassadors to test our bikes, provide feedback, and advocate for our brand. If you are interested in learning more about becoming part of our ambassador program, please comment and I will send you a link to learn more! I guess new users aren't able to post links :-).

We’re excited to connect with riders in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and look forward to hearing from those interested in working with us!
Hello mjburke,

I live in Fort Worth, TX and have been watching your brand with a lot of interest as an engineer. I'm a fire protection engineer that used to work in laboratories that specialized in pyrophoric and combustible metals, so I am a big fan of magnesium. I know this is about 8 months late, but I would love to try out your ALLITE. I help get group gravel rides and routes together in the area. I have a few gravel events on my schedule (as long as things keep trending in the better direction) like Unbound and Big Sugar. Would love to hear from you even though I am late to the party.

Thanks,
Russ
Old 02-08-21, 10:39 PM
the sci guy 
bill nyecycles

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 789 Post(s)
Liked 350 Times in 190 Posts
Hey guys, the person who made this thread is no longer with Vaast. She was their marketing manager and has moved on. I can see if they are they are still looking for ambassadors but I think they are full up for the time being.

I know gjr bikes are are being stocked more and more in shops so check them out if you can!
Old 02-09-21, 09:11 AM
DonutEndurance

Bikes: 29'er hardtail converted to dropbar adventure bike, Specialized Diverge, Trek Crockett

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the info the sci guy .