Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

New bikecave tour. Going through the drawers!

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Old 02-27-21, 11:40 AM
jjhabbs 

Bikes: to many to list

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 294 Post(s)
Liked 1,028 Times in 255 Posts

Hey all,
Made a new video for the channel. I go through all the shelves and drawers in the bikecave. See anything you need let know. I'm not actively selling but if you see a small tidbit that would help you out let me know.
Old 02-27-21, 12:22 PM
icemilkcoffee 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1538 Post(s)
Liked 1,696 Times in 953 Posts
Love your videos and love your collection, but could I ask your to hold your camera still and not move it around constantly? It makes it tiring to watch.
Likes For icemilkcoffee:
Old 02-27-21, 12:29 PM
SurferRosa
señor miembro

Bikes: '70s - '80s Campagnolo

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 3846 Post(s)
Liked 6,437 Times in 3,183 Posts
Your Triomphe crankset has a little bit different and better looking spider than Victory. Also, the Triomphe extraction threads are standard, unlike Victory, which uses reverse threading and a self-extracting bolt.
Likes For SurferRosa:
Old 02-27-21, 09:55 PM
jjhabbs 

Originally Posted by icemilkcoffee
Love your videos and love your collection, but could I ask your to hold your camera still and not move it around constantly? It makes it tiring to watch.
Im learning. Plus Im going to pick up a camera that has a stablizer on it.

Thanks
JJ
Old 02-27-21, 10:11 PM
Soody

Bikes: Gunnar, Shogun, Concorde, F Moser, Pete Tansley, Rocky Mtn, Diamant, Krapf, Marin, Avanti, Winora, Emmelle, Ken Evans

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 272 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 214 Posts
these are pretty useful. you'll shoot steadier over the shoulder and can put it down like a tripod or hold it infront of you. The light cheap ones are better even for casual use. I'm really jealous of your bikes btw.

Old 02-27-21, 10:20 PM
jjhabbs 

Thanks much! I'm looking at a Go Pro Camera with a hand held mount that is supposed to be steady!. I also need to learn to pace myself with the camera. I just learned how to edit. I hope these videos become more interesting but not exhausting to watch! LOL

JJ
Old 02-28-21, 12:33 PM
icemilkcoffee 

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1538 Post(s)
Liked 1,696 Times in 953 Posts
I think a tripod would be good to start with. I know you like to go from one bike to the next - you can just insert a fade-in/fade-out between each still shot.
you should do some videos on your restoration process- your bikes look amazing and I am sure they didn’t come to you looking like that!
Old 02-28-21, 02:48 PM
jjhabbs 

Originally Posted by icemilkcoffee
I think a tripod would be good to start with. I know you like to go from one bike to the next - you can just insert a fade-in/fade-out between each still shot.
you should do some videos on your restoration process- your bikes look amazing and I am sure they didn’t come to you looking like that!
Hi, Thanks for your suggestion of a Tripod. Probably a good idea. The bikes I get usually do not need paint work! Im pretty patient in finding the bikes with good original paint. I did paint my cannondale SR. My Red Colnago I believe is a repaint however I'm not sure. I just dont buy bikes with "patina". I dont know why I enjoy the newer looking bikes. Im sure I'll do some build videos. I actually started a couple to be shown later. I think people will get bored watching me polish parts, don't you think?

JJ
Old 02-28-21, 04:22 PM
dddd
Ride, Wrench, Swap, Race

Bikes: Cheltenham-Pedersen racer, Boulder F/S Paris-Roubaix, Varsity racer, '52 Christophe, '62 Continental, '92 Merckx, '75 Limongi, '76 Presto, '72 Gitane SC, '71 Schwinn SS, etc.

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Quoted: 1554 Post(s)
Liked 1,273 Times in 845 Posts
Your video visit was lots of fun, thanks for sharing!

The 57T chainring makes good sense when you're using a freewheel that starts at 14t.

If those 27" rims are narrow then I am definitely interested!
Old 02-28-21, 04:43 PM
jjhabbs 

Originally Posted by dddd
Your video visit was lots of fun, thanks for sharing!

The 57T chainring makes good sense when you're using a freewheel that starts at 14t.

If those 27" rims are narrow then I am definitely interested!
Thanks. That 57 was on my 84 Paramount that has a triple crank. The original owner of that bike said he wanted it to be unique. It shifted horribly!!! Plus you couldn't use a 28T in the rear because you couldn't use the big big combination. So I took it off.
The 27inch wheelset was originally off of a vintage paramount. They are wide. Made for 27x1 1/4 tires. Are you looking for 27 inch narrow wheels?

JJ
Old 02-28-21, 04:54 PM
dddd
Ride, Wrench, Swap, Race

Bikes: Cheltenham-Pedersen racer, Boulder F/S Paris-Roubaix, Varsity racer, '52 Christophe, '62 Continental, '92 Merckx, '75 Limongi, '76 Presto, '72 Gitane SC, '71 Schwinn SS, etc.

Mentioned: 132 Post(s)
Quoted: 1554 Post(s)
Liked 1,273 Times in 845 Posts
Yeah, looking for E-2 or (polished) Gentleman rims in 27".

I've got two good vintage bikes needing rear rim replacement, using the original hub and spokes.

I would love to find a pair so as to save on shipping. Frankly I was surprised to find that didn't have any suitable rims squirreled away!
I found bare 1320's and wide rims but no E2s.
Old 02-28-21, 09:52 PM
jjhabbs 

Originally Posted by dddd
Yeah, looking for E-2 or (polished) Gentleman rims in 27".

I've got two good vintage bikes needing rear rim replacement, using the original hub and spokes.

I would love to find a pair so as to save on shipping. Frankly I was surprised to find that didn't have any suitable rims squirreled away!
I found bare 1320's and wide rims but no E2s.
The only 27 inch narrow rims I have are Ambrosio AEro Durex rims. They are good rims. NOS but has shopwear.
I have Araya box 27x1 1/4 NOS as well.

JJ