Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

GCN+ - all of TdF?

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-21, 12:05 PM
PJay120

Bikes: Lemond Etape, Motobecane Super Mirage

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 16 Posts
GCN+ - all of TdF?

Hi! GCN+ says they cover the grand tours - I ma mainly interested in TdF, complete live coverage.

I can catch it via VPN, and brush up on my French skills - but will GCN cover TdF live, complete?
Old 02-22-21, 01:43 PM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 436 Posts
Why not check their lineup?
Old 02-22-21, 04:50 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6177 Post(s)
Liked 4,794 Times in 3,306 Posts
For the USA, I think NBC has the exclusive on the full TdF broadcast. I thought others in the US can only show highlights. Might be wrong though.

The Cycling pass for NBC Sports Gold is fairly decent price, IMO. The don't have the Giro, but the do have the Vuelta and enough other cycling events to keep my wife sick and tired of watching cycling.
Old 02-22-21, 05:59 PM
Ed Wiser

Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 130 Times in 79 Posts
Originally Posted by PJay120
Hi! GCN+ says they cover the grand tours - I ma mainly interested in TdF, complete live coverage.

I can catch it via VPN, and brush up on my French skills - but will GCN cover TdF live, complete?
No they don’t have the rights to that. ITV in England carries the tour in England. No need to translate.
Likes For Ed Wiser:
Old 02-23-21, 02:54 PM
rutan74

Bikes: Felt ZR3, Specialized Sectur

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 37 Posts

Eurosport should cover it. They always do. You can also get many stations that cover it through an IPTV service. I have an IPTV service for 15 a month and along with the VPN, I can get just about anything.

john
Old 02-23-21, 02:57 PM
rutan74

Bikes: Felt ZR3, Specialized Sectur

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked 52 Times in 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Iride01
For the USA, I think NBC has the exclusive on the full TdF broadcast. I thought others in the US can only show highlights. Might be wrong though.

The Cycling pass for NBC Sports Gold is fairly decent price, IMO. The don't have the Giro, but the do have the Vuelta and enough other cycling events to keep my wife sick and tired of watching cycling.
I could be wrong, but NBC Sports Gold went belly up I believe and it was sold to USA Network? Not sure of this, but on my IPTV service menu, NBC Gold is no longer available and I believe NBC sold it off. Don't know what happened or will happen to all the Gold subscribers either, but I am pretty sure it is gone.

I have no idea either who will carry it in the US this year if NBC opted out.

john
Old 02-23-21, 03:32 PM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6177 Post(s)
Liked 4,794 Times in 3,306 Posts
Originally Posted by rutan74
I could be wrong, but NBC Sports Gold went belly up I believe and it was sold to USA Network? Not sure of this, but on my IPTV service menu, NBC Gold is no longer available and I believe NBC sold it off. Don't know what happened or will happen to all the Gold subscribers either, but I am pretty sure it is gone.

I have no idea either who will carry it in the US this year if NBC opted out.

john
They aren't belly up --- yet. Something is going on with all the NBC sports stuff. But till the end of 2021 I expect things will be pretty much the same as they are now.

It wasn't so much that I was endorsing NBC Gold, but just stating that NBC has the exclusive on the TdF live broadcast of the TdF in the USA and I think full broadcast of the replays of entire stages. So the OP wanted to see the Tdf. So if the OP is in the USA, then they'll need to watch it on NBC.

NBC has broadcast it on both the NBC sports network and through the NBC sports gold. So until NBC sports goes belly up for good as far as cycling goes, I'm not going to waste my time looking elsewhere for TdF live and full stage replays in the USA.
Old 04-18-21, 10:00 PM
jsxcsnow

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Highly recommend GCN+ and yes they have Tour live, on demand, and highlights. You may need to use VPN depending on location.
Old 04-19-21, 01:42 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1627 Post(s)
Liked 3,112 Times in 1,682 Posts
Originally Posted by Ed Wiser
No they don’t have the rights to that. ITV in England carries the tour in England. No need to translate.
if sean kelly is onboard as an analyst, you will definitely need a translator.
Likes For diphthong:
Old 04-19-21, 03:15 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 592 Times in 453 Posts
GCN is great.

Their US coverage of Le Tour is highlights only unless you VPN yourself elsewhere.

Has anyone done that with GCN yet? Looking to confirm that the IP change alone is enough, and they haven't branded me a US account for those restrictions independent of the IP.
Old 04-19-21, 06:31 AM
jsxcsnow

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by slcbob
GCN is great.

Their US coverage of Le Tour is highlights only unless you VPN yourself elsewhere.

Has anyone done that with GCN yet? Looking to confirm that the IP change alone is enough, and they haven't branded me a US account for those restrictions independent of the IP.
You should try it and see what happens. Tour of the Alps all this week. Amstel Gold was just yesterday. Should be replays available if it will work.
Old 04-19-21, 07:14 AM
sdmc530
Heft On Wheels

Bikes: Specialized,Cannondale,Argon 18

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 887 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 346 Posts
GCN is great.

reported to not work. Not sure why but rumor is that it doesn't I was going to try this too, but now I am chicken too.
Old 04-19-21, 07:35 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Originally Posted by jsxcsnow
You should try it and see what happens. Tour of the Alps all this week. Amstel Gold was just yesterday. Should be replays available if it will work.
Tour of the Alps is open live to US audience without IP jiggery pokery. Not a valid test subject for if/when I choose to do a science project.
Old 04-19-21, 09:55 AM
surak

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Canyon Inflite AL SLX, Ibis Ripley AF, Priority Continuum Onyx, Santana Vision, Kent Dual-Drive Tandem

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 871 Post(s)
Liked 726 Times in 436 Posts
Can confirm that VPN works.
Likes For surak:
Old 04-20-21, 04:44 AM
ZHVelo

Quoted: 528 Post(s)
Liked 230 Times in 161 Posts
GCN does show the Tour de France also.

How to live stream the Tour de France 2020 in the UK

For British fans, there are a few options on how to watch the 2020 Tour de France, as Eurosport, GCN and ITV4 will be showing the action.

ITV4 will be returning with their usual free live coverage of the Tour de France each day, with coverage starting between 11am and 12.30pm each day and an hour-long highlights package from 7pm to 8pm.

With commentary from Tour de France regulars Ned Boulting and David Millar, as well as insight from Matt Rendell and former Olympian Chris Boardman, you can see all the action free of charge from the UK.

Eurosport viewers can catch the live racing on Eurosport 1 with coverage starting between 11am and 12.50pm each day depending on the stage, then running to around 4.30pm or 5.15pm.

GCN will also be showing the race live from their new Race Pass at similar times to the Eurosport broadcast.
Old 04-20-21, 01:33 PM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 471 Posts
GCN is great.

Originally Posted by jsxcsnow
Originally Posted by sdmc530
reported to not work. Not sure why but rumor is that it doesn't I was going to try this too, but now I am chicken too.
Tour of the Alps is open live to US audience without IP jiggery pokery. Not a valid test subject for if/when I choose to do a science project.
Originally Posted by surak
Can confirm that VPN works.
Another confirmation here that you can use a VPN with GCN racing. I use Express VPN and just choose London. Don't have any lag issues with my very pedestrian broadband.

Infact you can enable the VPN and not have to restart the app, just back out of the race info page then go back in.

I also have NBC gold because it's like $20 now and I like Anthony McCrossan who does all of nbc's add free coverage.
Likes For GrainBrain:
Old 04-20-21, 09:43 PM
AMDG

Bikes: 1977 Busana (Oscar Simonato), 1984 Giuseppe Villata, 1981 Giuseppe Limongi (track), 1981 Rossin Record

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
In Canada (and I believe the US) FloBikes has the broadcast rights for the 2021 TdF. I subscribed to both FloBikes and GCN+ this year, and while I love GCN+ and their app, I find FloBikes is ok at best (it costs $150 Canadian/year and they still have ads!?!?!).
Old 04-21-21, 05:10 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Flo Bikes is annoying. I cancelled. I think GCN is going to move in on them anyway.

I wish GCN would get a Roku app. Maybe some day. Otherwise very solid. I pull it up on my tablet and chromecast it to the TV.
Old 04-25-21, 01:58 PM
DiabloScott
It's MY mountain

Bikes: Klein, Merckx, Trek

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 4335 Post(s)
Liked 2,977 Times in 1,614 Posts

I wish GCN would get a Roku app. Maybe some day. Otherwise very solid. I pull it up on my tablet and chromecast it to the TV.
Yeah me too - works OK, but awkward.
LBL Femmes was on today, but Hommes no? Odd. Although watching famous women cyclists suffer on those hills was pretty satisfying.
Old 04-25-21, 02:21 PM
Ed Wiser

Men’s race was on 25 minute later.
Old 04-25-21, 02:55 PM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Originally Posted by DiabloScott
Yeah me too - works OK, but awkward.
LBL Femmes was on today, but Hommes no? Odd. Although watching famous women cyclists suffer on those hills was pretty satisfying.
Men’s race was on 25 minute later.
The Hommes were geo-restricted in the US. NBC Sports had the rights.
Old 04-26-21, 05:42 AM
Ed Wiser

Vpn
Likes For Ed Wiser:
Old 02-10-22, 06:21 PM
Slowridr

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Can we still use a VPN with no problems with GCN racepass? Anyone know if it supports multiple logins?
Old 02-11-22, 05:04 PM
Ed Wiser

VPN works fine with GCN. Never had to multi log ins at the same time.