Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Proud owner of a new Jamis Coda Sport

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Proud owner of a new Jamis Coda Sport

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-12, 06:00 PM
joncleve

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wink Proud owner of a new Jamis Coda Sport

Well I bit the bullet today and dropped the dough for a new 2012 Jamis Coda Sport. It rides very very nice, smooth and easy. I wanted the Crimson but the dealer could only get the black and I'm glad it worked out that way. The black with the silver lettering is very cool looking. I sold my Scott road bike when I discovered that the road scene was not for me. I have been reading here for a month or so trying to decide what to buy. I noticed SlimRider recommending the Coda Sport to others and it sounded exactly what I was looking for in my price range, once I rode it I was hooked. Now to start riding to get in shape and to do some upgrades along the way. Thanks for a great forum.

Jon

Last edited by joncleve; 06-14-12 at 05:56 AM.
Old 06-13-12, 06:18 PM
Spiff_P239

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congrats on the purchase. Hope she works out well for ya.
Old 06-13-12, 07:42 PM
TomCat_Ford

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Enjoy the new bike!
Old 06-13-12, 09:43 PM
corwin1968

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 18 Posts
Congrats on the new bike. When I started riding in 1995 I bought a hybrid and within 6 months added a road bike to my stable. Within 6 months I realized it wasn't my thing and sold it. I've been 100% hybrid ever since! For the average rider, a hybrid really can't be beat.
Old 06-14-12, 06:06 AM
TopKatz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Another new 12 Coda Sport owner chiming in. Picked mine up about a week ago. I had not bought a bike since around 94. I still have that bike, and old Trek 850 MTB.

Anyways, I'm loving the Coda. Very smooth, plenty fast. I do want to put some bar ends on it as I'm getting numbness around 5miles. I'm looking at Ergo and Crane Creak. Any other thoughts? I also picked up a Biologic iphone case which is awesome for using Cyclemeter.

Katz
Old 06-14-12, 08:31 AM
Ridernthestorm

Bikes: 2010 Motobecane jubilee trail .......2012 cannondale quick 5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Congrats

Originally Posted by TopKatz
Another new 12 Coda Sport owner chiming in. Picked mine up about a week ago. I had not bought a bike since around 94. I still have that bike, and old Trek 850 MTB.

Anyways, I'm loving the Coda. Very smooth, plenty fast. I do want to put some bar ends on it as I'm getting numbness around 5miles. I'm looking at Ergo and Crane Creak. Any other thoughts? I also picked up a Biologic iphone case which is awesome for using Cyclemeter.

Katz
I've been undecided which bike to get, narrowed it down to giant escape 1 and the cannon dale quick 5, but now I've read a lot of good post about the coda sport, did you try any of these before deciding on the jamis, anyhow enjoy your new ride!
Old 06-14-12, 08:41 AM
addictedhealer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
pictures?
Old 06-14-12, 08:44 AM
TopKatz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ridernthestorm
I've been undecided which bike to get, narrowed it down to giant escape 1 and the cannon dale quick 5, but now I've read a lot of good post about the coda sport, did you try any of these before deciding on the jamis, anyhow enjoy your new ride!
I looked at a lot of stuff and I rode my fathers Specialized Sirus, and I fiddled with the Trek FX stuff. I was leaning toward the FX because of my previous purchase until I started reading about the Coda and the fans of them. I never owned an aluminum frame bike, they did not exist when I was into it back in the day. I like the classic lines of the coda, and the road feel of the steal. In the end I felt the added weight was a non issue because I'm not going to bunny hopping this thing over any stumps.

At the end of the day tooling around the parking lot of a bike shop is not enough to tell anything. I dont have enough seat time on anything at this point to really make a comment one way or another on comparisons. I'm very happy with it. It's a simple bike, well built in US and my LBS had it in one day.

Hope that helps.
Old 06-14-12, 10:51 AM
side_FX

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I second the request for pics! Some of the company websites do a tremendous disservice to their products with photos in blank white backgrounds. I absolutely love the real world owners photos to see what he bike truly looks like.
Old 06-14-12, 10:54 AM
TopKatz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by side_FX
I second the request for pics! Some of the company websites do a tremendous disservice to their products with photos in blank white backgrounds. I absolutely love the real world owners photos to see what he bike truly looks like.
Ill post some pics tonight when I get home for you guys.
Old 06-14-12, 01:02 PM
joncleve

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I rode a Giant Seek 3 but didn't care for it much. It's has an aluminum frame and I really liked the feel of the steel much better.
Old 06-14-12, 03:25 PM
TopKatz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pics of my 2012 21' Coda Sport

BioLogic Bike Mount for iPhone 4 and a Planet Bike Superflash Turbo Rear Light are my accessories. Definitely going to do some bar ends and some toe clips soon. I'm getting out 3-4 times a week so far at around 5am. I have a good 7.5 mile loop with lots of change in elevation. I'm mapping out a 10 mile run that I might try this weekend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DSC_0002.jpg (98.0 KB, 190 views)
DSC_0004.jpg (101.1 KB, 179 views)
DSC_0006.jpg (101.8 KB, 165 views)
Old 06-14-12, 03:46 PM
TomCat_Ford

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great looking bike!
Old 06-14-12, 04:47 PM
otg 

Bikes: I've lost my mind!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
That black is real sharp, nice choice of bike. Enjoy it!
Old 06-14-12, 05:14 PM
no1mad 
Thunder Whisperer

Bikes: '06 Kona Smoke

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
I looked at a lot of stuff and I rode my fathers Specialized Sirus, and I fiddled with the Trek FX stuff. I was leaning toward the FX because of my previous purchase until I started reading about the Coda and the fans of them. I never owned an aluminum frame bike, they did not exist when I was into it back in the day. I like the classic lines of the coda, and the road feel of the steal. In the end I felt the added weight was a non issue because I'm not going to bunny hopping this thing over any stumps.

At the end of the day tooling around the parking lot of a bike shop is not enough to tell anything. I dont have enough seat time on anything at this point to really make a comment one way or another on comparisons. I'm very happy with it. It's a simple bike, well built in US and my LBS had it in one day.

Hope that helps.
If you mean unpacked and final assembly done by the LBS, sure. But the frames and components are imported. Except for the boutique and custom frame makers, I don't believe there is one single mass produced bike made in the U.S. anymore...

I stopped by the new Jamis dealer in town to inquire about the Coda and was informed that he was unable to get any 2012 Coda Sports. Told me I would have to wait until the 2013s come out or pony up the extra dough and order a Coda Comp.
Old 06-14-12, 05:20 PM
TopKatz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sounds a little fishy about no 12 sports. Mine was not on the floor and had to be ordered. LBS had it in and assembled the next day.

Not surprised about most of the parts cmong from over seas. The US does not make much of anything any more : (
Old 06-15-12, 12:14 AM
a1penguin

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Great looking bike in the black and silver and the silver bottle cage coordinates well. The straight, narrow traditional tubing appeals to me.
Old 06-15-12, 07:28 AM
Spiff_P239

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sounds a little fishy about no 12 sports. Mine was not on the floor and had to be ordered. LBS had it in and assembled the next day.

Not surprised about most of the parts cmong from over seas. The US does not make much of anything any more : (
Considering the fact that my LBS has started getting in 2013 Trek models (mainly the DS series from what I could tell), I wouldn't find it hard to believe if other manufacturers have started to switch over to production of the next year's model. That sucks though that they can't find a 2012 but from all of the posts I've seen on here about the Coda, it seems as though it's been a very popular model and very well could be sold out.
Old 06-15-12, 07:40 AM
TopKatz

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The shop I got mine from still had a 2011 sport(in crimson, or is it sangria?). He even said he was not bringing in the 12 until all the 11 stuff was gone. I would have bought the 11 at a 20% discount if it were a 21. You could send Jamis a email and see what they say. It also could be a distribution supply chain thing where my LBS distributor has them and your guys does not. Are those other manufactures pimping the 13's already, because Jamis is not. However it does say that the 12 Sport is available in Fall of 11, so that would line up with what your saying a little, that the new bikes are around the corner. Also interesting that the 13 sport is not up on the site yet.
Old 06-15-12, 09:16 AM
joncleve

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The shop I got mine from said that this was the last of the 2012 models they could get, the reason I couldn't get one in Crimson. The day I ordered it, they were on the phone with their Jamis rep and was told that 500 of the 2012's had just come in to the warehouse and they were gone the same day. Don't know if that is true but sounds reasonable. I guess this time of the year is like the black hole between current and new year models.
Old 06-15-12, 03:45 PM
bjjoondo 

Bikes: 2011 ICE Sprint Special Edition

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 101 Times in 66 Posts
Congrats! I've had my "you can get any color as long as it's BLACK", 2012 Coda Sport since Sept. 2011, I wanted the 2011 Coda in Sangria Red but they were all gone and didn't really like the 2012 Coda Sport in the "crimson red", good thing as all my LBS could get in Sept. 2011 was black! ENJOY! PS. Over 1000 miles and it's just a "sweetheart" of a machine!

Old 06-16-12, 12:25 PM
Igo

Bikes: Giant Defy 2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by joncleve
Well I bit the bullet today and dropped the dough for a new 2012 Jamis Coda Sport. It rides very very nice, smooth and easy. I wanted the Crimson but the dealer could only get the black and I'm glad it worked out that way. The black with the silver lettering is very cool looking. I sold my Scott road bike when I discovered that the road scene was not for me. I have been reading here for a month or so trying to decide what to buy. I noticed SlimRider recommending the Coda Sport to others and it sounded exactly what I was looking for in my price range, once I rode it I was hooked. Now to start riding to get in shape and to do some upgrades along the way. Thanks for a great forum.

Jon
Not without evidence you didn't. Where's the pictures? People without pictures are bibbin' 'round here.
Old 06-16-12, 01:57 PM
joncleve

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Really? Well, I'll make sure I get some posted just for you Igo as soon as I can.
Old 06-16-12, 02:07 PM
joncleve

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Some quick pics, not the best but here they are.
Attached Images
100_2315.jpg (97.2 KB, 105 views)
100_2311.jpg (96.8 KB, 92 views)
Old 06-16-12, 02:15 PM
chisler

Bikes: Raleigh Cadent FT2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think you made the right choice with the black/silver, looks great!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.