Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Custom LiveSTRONG Bike Build with pics and video

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Custom LiveSTRONG Bike Build with pics and video

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-09, 08:38 PM
Atol

Bikes: CAAD9-6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If someone at Trek even remotely has a sense of humor then they would send the op Madone decals.
Old 09-05-09, 09:26 PM
genius1265
Banned

Bikes: Bianchi SISS singles speed, Scandium Salsa Bandito, Kona Major Jake, Gary Fisher Big Sur, NashBar Aluc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kerian
You said you had a LiveSTRONG tattoo right? How much is LiveSTRONG getting from that, you should have bought a livestrong bracelet for every day of the week. :V

You guys are on the same page I have no idea why you are being so ******y
About $30 I took the time to ask Livestrong if they had an issue with me using the livestrong logo, while their was no specific issue or fee for the trademark LiveStrong Bracelet, they said they do accept donations and seeing as the tattoo was only $50 I made a $30 donation which seems fair seeing as normally all livestrong products donate 100% of their profits to livestrong. I figured 60% of what I paid was more than fair not to mention as I said before, I enjoy purchasing Livestrong equipment because I know it goes to a good cause plus its a cool color scheme. I would not get a charitable orginizations Logo tattooed on my body with the possibility of copyright or trademark infringement. And just like this guy I would like to have a livestrong Madone but Im not about to do some sort of cheapskate fake poser self gratification scheme to hope that I get some sort of recognition out of this. I simply ride my bike and try and be the best rider I can I wear my Livestrong Jersey every once and a while and next year will be a big year for racing for me because Im training harder now than ever and I live in michigan and will be riding all winter on a revmaster and i guarantee I will wear my livestrong jersey to some races and represent Livestrong in a tasteful realistic way.
Old 09-05-09, 11:06 PM
desmodici
Addicted to Road

Bikes: 2009 Specialized Allez Elite, 1994 Cannondale M400 (Mountain)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
very tastefully done IMHO.
Old 09-06-09, 09:48 AM
Chuckie
I'm that guy

Bikes: Cervelo RS, Mountain Cycle San Andreas

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by genius1265
About $30 I took the time to ask Livestrong if they had an issue with me using the livestrong logo, while their was no specific issue or fee for the trademark LiveStrong Bracelet, they said they do accept donations and seeing as the tattoo was only $50 I made a $30 donation which seems fair seeing as normally all livestrong products donate 100% of their profits to livestrong. I figured 60% of what I paid was more than fair not to mention as I said before, I enjoy purchasing Livestrong equipment because I know it goes to a good cause plus its a cool color scheme. I would not get a charitable orginizations Logo tattooed on my body with the possibility of copyright or trademark infringement. And just like this guy I would like to have a livestrong Madone but Im not about to do some sort of cheapskate fake poser self gratification scheme to hope that I get some sort of recognition out of this. I simply ride my bike and try and be the best rider I can I wear my Livestrong Jersey every once and a while and next year will be a big year for racing for me because Im training harder now than ever and I live in michigan and will be riding all winter on a revmaster and i guarantee I will wear my livestrong jersey to some races and represent Livestrong in a tasteful realistic way.
All I hear from you in this thread is "I had cancer which makes me an authority on what others should and should not do to support Livestrong". Funny, because you constantly bringing this up gives me the impression that it's YOU who is looking for the recognition in this thread, not the OP.

We know your opinion by now. Move on, because every post you make makes you look more and more like a ******.
Old 09-06-09, 10:08 AM
gsteinb
out walking the earth

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 912 Post(s)
Liked 752 Times in 342 Posts
Every day I hate Lance Armstrong a little more.
Old 09-07-09, 08:59 AM
deepakvrao

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuckie
All I hear from you in this thread is "I had cancer which makes me an authority on what others should and should not do to support Livestrong". Funny, because you constantly bringing this up gives me the impression that it's YOU who is looking for the recognition in this thread, not the OP.

We know your opinion by now. Move on, because every post you make makes you look more and more like a ******.
+1

tthome - that's a very nicely done bike. Enjoy the rides.
Old 09-07-09, 10:14 AM
PurpleFender

Bikes: Giant Defy2, Soul Faith

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Chuckie

+1 as well. It seems like you've suddenly made the thread about you and your tattoo. WTF man? Go ride your bike and burn some of this misplaced vitriol off.

Great job OP. Keep on truckin.
Old 09-07-09, 10:21 AM
tthome

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deepakvrao
tthome - that's a very nicely done bike. Enjoy the rides.
Thanks, the ride is smooth with one exception. The crankset seems to make a little extra noise while the chain is moving over it. Not sure if it's just the sounds resonating through the frame or not. With this being my first carbon frame I don't know if this is common or not.

shifting is very smooth with no problems at all. I have all shimano on the bike with the exception of the SRAM crankset. I don't think this would make a difference. It's not a very loud noise it just more noticable. When I'm really going the only noise i hear is the wind in my ears.
Old 09-07-09, 10:58 AM
mzeffex 

Bikes: Something Canadian, something Italian, something American, and something German

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 10 Posts
It's very nice. Genius is just crazy. And as for the grinding sound (If that is what you mean, kind of a really low pitch constant noise), that happened to me for the first 20 miles on the big ring on the front. Went away after a bit.
Old 09-07-09, 03:38 PM
Woodyg3
Runner / Psycholist

Bikes: Scott Speedster S10, old Marin mountain bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
First off, I think the bike looks great, and I hope it helps in some way to promote the Livestrong foundation. I hope you get many good miles out of your bike.

Next, the only way I would ever see this type of project as being immoral or illegal is if the bike was made to sell to someone else as an official Livestrong model. It's not. As long as the OP discloses the fact that he made the decals himself to anyone he sells the bike to in the future, I see no problem.

Finally, having a Livestrong bracelet tattoo is a great idea! That's about the only tattoo I would ever permit anyone to put on my body.
Old 09-07-09, 04:08 PM
NuBiker
Cedres, Encens et Miel

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by genius1265
I will reply actually Ive done the ride for the roses three times. Having skin cancer might count and the fact that I have a livestrong bracelet tattooed on my wrist might be enough. You are a poser, and did this to get some sort of attention from trek and the livestrong foundation sad and pathetic.
That make you a poser too, next time when you donate make sure to keep it to yourself.
Old 09-10-09, 10:46 PM
Chompers

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
sniffles

Originally Posted by tthome

So unless I've forgotten anything else it's at $1420. Doesn't count saddle bag, tubes, etc. I could have skimped alot more but for what I have in terms of components I can't find anything close to what I have in the bike shop for less than $2700.
I think that statement is what motivates me to do as you did. Nothing else really matters except the bike, well..to me atleast. Bickering = Boring.

Good Job.