Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Need help with an older bike

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-14, 12:41 PM
dstark55

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I recently got into bicycling, and I am loving it. I bought this bike after I found it online and my friend assured me it was good quality. Full Campy parts, and a cool classic feel. The previous owner had taken good care of it.

My problem is, I can't find any information on it at all. I know it comes from Italy, but I don't know from where, who, or when. I'm also curious about how much it would sell for. Not that I want to sell it, just out of curiosity.

I am including a few pictures of the bike, and two lug symbols I found. If anyone has any information, or somewhere I could start my search, it would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
photo (1).jpg (34.8 KB, 39 views)
photo 1.jpg (88.7 KB, 44 views)
photo 2.jpg (85.9 KB, 45 views)
photo.jpg (84.2 KB, 40 views)
Old 09-22-14, 01:14 PM
Velocivixen

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Quoted: 400 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by dstark55
I recently got into bicycling, and I am loving it. I bought this bike after I found it online and my friend assured me it was good quality. Full Campy parts, and a cool classic feel. The previous owner had taken good care of it.

My problem is, I can't find any information on it at all. I know it comes from Italy, but I don't know from where, who, or when. I'm also curious about how much it would sell for. Not that I want to sell it, just out of curiosity.

I am including a few pictures of the bike, and two lug symbols I found. If anyone has any information, or somewhere I could start my search, it would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome. I know that components have date codes on them. It may be a letter/number combo or something similar, and I am not at all familiar with Campy. However here's a link to something that may help you. When I buy a bike & get it home I get pen & paper and start searching components for indications. Derailleurs usually have the code on the back side. Anyway, can't help you with the frame. I'm sure you'll get some good advice shortly. Here's the link:

Velo-Retro: Campagnolo Timeline

Date of Manufacture of Bicycle Components can be used to date a bike: component dating
Old 09-22-14, 01:24 PM
SJX426 

Bikes: '65 Frejus TDF, '73 Bottecchia Giro d'Italia, '83 Colnago Superissimo, '84 Trek 610, '84 Trek 760, '88 Pinarello Veneto, '88 De Rosa Pro, '89 Pinarello Montello, '94 Burley Duet, 97 Specialized RockHopper, 2010 Langster, Tern Link D8

Mentioned: 73 Post(s)
Quoted: 1609 Post(s)
Liked 2,216 Times in 1,103 Posts
Welcome! Since you took pictures of the bike on the "wrong" side, it is difficult to know what parts are on the drive train! If they are Nuovo Record then the date code is on the top of the rear derailleur next to the mounting bolt and represents the last two digits of the year. Upon second look, the drive train might be Victory parts (DT shifters and rings), really can't tell from the pics.

The frame is beautiful and looks to be a real keeper! Give us some pics of the drive side, seat cluster, bottom bracket, FD (with complete crank) and RD.
Old 09-22-14, 02:13 PM
oddjob2
Still learning

Bikes: Still a garage full

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 847 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 44 Posts
Unless the guys from the other side of the pond weigh in.....

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vi...-de-pieri.html