Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Advocacy & Safety
Reload this Page >

Adjusting Giro tremor mips youth helmet

Search
Notices
Advocacy & Safety Cyclists should expect and demand safe accommodation on every public road, just as do all other users. Discuss your bicycle advocacy and safety concerns here.

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-19, 11:04 AM
adnix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey all,

Wondering if I can get some advice on how to adjust this helmet for my kid. I have experience adjusting more traditional helmets but this one comes with fixed side straps. Aside from the dial in the back and the chin buckle, there appears to be no way to adjust anything. How can that be right? Won't the helmet necessarily be too loose in either the front or the back and therefore either fall forward or fall backward?

The worst part is that it comes with instructions that totally do not apply to this helmet. The instructions say things like:
  • "strap guides positioned just below the ears" (can't be done)
  • "If it can be tipped forward, tighten the back straps" (can't be done)
  • "If it can be tipped backwards tighten the front straps" (can't be done)
Then they go on to say that it's not safe unless you adjust it properly. Thanks Giro!

So what's the deal? Is the helmet magically auto-adjusted or is there something I'm not understanding?

Thanks!
Old 05-21-19, 12:03 PM
CliffordK

Mentioned: 217 Post(s)
Quoted: 18373 Post(s)
Liked 4,507 Times in 3,350 Posts
Hmmm... It says they are easy to adjust (not at the straps) but it isn't saying how.

https://www.twowheelingtots.com/giro-tremor-and-hale/

Does tightening the rear dial also tighten the chin strap?
Old 05-21-19, 06:11 PM
adnix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK
Hmmm... It says they are easy to adjust (not at the straps) but it isn't saying how.
Before posting here I had done some searching and came across that same review. It's feeling a bit like bizarro world. I had read a bunch of glowing reviews about the helmet, talking about how easy it was to adjust, but I guess what was really meant was that it was non-adjustable and they were happy to not have to worry about it... I guess I would be ok with that too, if i were convinced that it was just as safe...

Originally Posted by CliffordK
Does tightening the rear dial also tighten the chin strap?
Not really. The chin strap can be tightened like a normal helmet.

Thanks much for the response.