Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Charity Events
Reload this Page >

Tri State Trek for ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) - July 20-22, 2007

Search
Notices
Charity Events Whether you're looking for riders, sponsors, or volunteers, this is the place to tell the world that cyclists can make a difference.

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-07, 10:06 AM
mkdevo
sore.

Bikes: 2006 Trek 2100

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Tri State Trek

3 days, 270 miles from Boston to New York, to benefit ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease).

I just signed up for this ride over the weekend. It's going to be a HUGE challenge for me, but I am VERY excited about it.

If you'd like to sponsor me, please click here. Participants are required to raise a minimum $1650, and any help would be greatly appreciated!

Anyone else doing this ride?
Old 04-09-07, 11:43 AM
bluehorizons

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm riding. Actually the event director is an old childhood friend of my wife's. This is a great event -- very small, probably under 200 riders this year, although the field has been consistently doubling every year. last year they returned OVER 90% of donations to the charity, and raised around $250k i believe.

I'm in DC, so anyone else interested that is local let me know. But regardless, hopefully folks can come out and support the riders along the route from CT down to NYC. Also, there are one day rides (on the front and back ends) that folks can do if you don't want to do all 300 miles.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if anyone has any questions. They're still looking for corporate sponsors too.

Safe riding.

Matt
Old 04-09-07, 04:32 PM
Brian

Bikes: 8 bikes - one for each day of the week!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I hope we see from posts from members that are supporting you guys, either financially, or just showing up.
Old 04-09-07, 07:02 PM
VegaVixen

Bikes: '71 Raleigh Sports, '84 Schwinn LeTour on the trainer (and available for hill repeats), '06 Scott CR1 SL (Ksyrium SL), and a yet-to-be-determined TT bike.

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
My husband was dx'ed with lower motor neuron disease in August 2003. He died last October. Wish I could join you for this ride. mkdevo and bluehorizons, you both rock!

Old 04-09-07, 08:06 PM
SwimBike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i was thinking about doing this ride however I am still new into cycling...not sure if im ready for somethin like this. Just got into the sport last summer, did a few centuries and what not....
Old 04-09-07, 08:20 PM
Brian

Bikes: 8 bikes - one for each day of the week!

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SwimBike
i was thinking about doing this ride however I am still new into cycling...not sure if im ready for somethin like this. Just got into the sport last summer, did a few centuries and what not....
Do the one day rides. I used to do them all with a friend from work - MS, Cancer Society, Diabetes, whatever. It's not a race, it's a ride for a good cause.