Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

"The New Preformance"

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

"The New Preformance"

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-19, 09:48 AM
Colorado Kid

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 82 Posts
"The New Preformance"

Well, I've just talked to the inside rep. for Preformance-Nashbar. They are now in CA and will have another smaller warehouse in NC soon. Customer service is starting to get better. (It wasn't anything to talk about before.) Now what they have in stock is very small but starting to get larger. Is there hope for this former mail order giant? Only time will tell. Has anyone ordered from them lately? What do you think of the "New" Preformance?
Old 11-06-19, 10:03 AM
caloso

Bikes: Specialized Tarmac, Canyon Exceed, Specialized Transition, Ellsworth Roots, Ridley Excalibur

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 2952 Post(s)
Liked 3,106 Times in 1,417 Posts
I believe I ordered a handlebar from them earlier this year. Everything was great. I think they merged with or were bought by AMain, which is a local NorCal (Chico) shop. It's been an excellent supporter of local road and CX racing, so I am happy to support them.
Old 11-06-19, 10:04 AM
chas58

Bikes: too many of all kinds

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 335 Posts
I haven't. Can't find what I want any more. I loved the in house stuff - especially for older bike where most parts cost more than the bike was worth - unless I bought Nashbar or Forte parts. I've been jonesing for a Nashbar carbon 1" threadless fork that I bought for about $100. Wish I could get another one.
Old 11-07-19, 01:16 AM
alan s 

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1496 Post(s)
Liked 189 Times in 128 Posts
No, don’t shop there any longer. I do miss the two Performance stores that used to be near me.
Old 11-07-19, 09:21 AM
pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2599 Post(s)
Liked 1,924 Times in 1,208 Posts
If I'm generous, it's just another startup mail order bike and gear site.

Less generous, and watch my credit card statement very carefully. That's the outfit that went bankrupt. Who knows if they are using the same designs, materials, and suppliers that made it my go-to site for clothing in the past?