Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > For Sale
Reload this Page >

Colnago Super Profil Frameset c.1982(?) $700

Search
Notices
For Sale Items for sale, bicycle and cycling related items only, please! Requires upgraded Membership to post new threads. This forum is intended for individual members to sell their bikes and bike related gear, and not for commercial ventures or company sales. Prices must be quoted up front, we are not an auction site, and do not link to your ebay auctions.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-22, 07:24 AM
RivenStudio

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi y'all! I have a Colnago frame set c.early 1980's with mix and match components for sale, $700 obo. Based on the details, I’m pretty certain this is a Super Profil from the early 80s, but it has a CX front fork which might mean it’s a Profil CX, or it’s a combo (school me on this please). As you all probably know, these can be tough to ID and date. Either way, it’s a seriously stylish and awesome steel frame that deserves to be given a new life. If it fit me, I’d build it up for myself in a heartbeat.

Details: Clover leaf stamp on all the lugs, top of fork, and on the bottom bracket; fully chrome plated, even under the blue paint; a single crimp on each side of the top tube, each side of the down tube, and on the inside of the chain stays; exterior cable routing; no bridge on the chain stays; brazed-on on front derailleur hanger. It does have some surface rust, but everything is structurally sound. I’ve tried to document the condition as best I could, but let me know if you’d like more detailed measurements or photos of anything specific.

Components: Campagnolo (shifters, bottom bracket, front derailleur), Suntour (rear derailleur), Modelo (brake leavers, front & rear brakes), Cinelli (stem, possibly handlebars).

I will have my local bike shop (Sunny Day Cycles in Burlington, VT) package the frame for shipping because they know the best way to do this. Buyer pays shipping.

Thanks! I really would like this to go to a new, loving home because it deserves to be ridden for many, many more years.

Old 07-22-22, 11:11 AM
RivenStudio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Measurements!

I neglected to include measurements in my main post. Sorry about that:

Seat tube: 53.3cm (center of BB to top of seat tube)
Top tube: 53cm (center of seat tube to center of head tube)
Old 04-03-23, 05:55 PM
RivenStudio

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nope, this frameset has sold. Sorry about that.