Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

New da Vinci

Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

New da Vinci

Old 11-08-19, 07:44 AM
DASTandem

Bikes: DaVinci Jt Adventure

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
New da Vinci

While we have lived in Colorado Springs for the last five years, we had never made it up to da Vinci Designs in Denver. Well, we finally did as our Cannondale wasn't being too kind to us (was always a bit too big for me and the fixed timing wasn't kind to my wife's knees).

Was just thinking we'd "take a look" and a test drive ...

Serendipitously, Todd and Brian had a just finished Joint Adventure in small with a custom paint job that was destined for a bike expo that they let us ride and we were immediately sold on it. And they were willing to sell it on the spot. Quite happy so far!

BTW -- anybody interested in a 2010 L/S Cannondale RT2 -- one of the last of the USA made frames...

photo is a bit busy, but the setting sun really highlights the candy orange/gold over chrome fade paint
Likes For DASTandem:
Old 11-08-19, 08:09 AM
lichtgrau

Bikes: (Ti) Rabbit "soulmate" plus half a dozen "half bikes"

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 19 Posts
Very nice bike. The colors are special, and I like them. Will always look gorgeous in the sunset
The setup of the bars is unique, I would prefer similar ones but if there’s a reason for differentiation, great.
But the rack! This is irritating to me (height). Is there a special reason for that?
Old 11-08-19, 08:55 AM
DASTandem

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lichtgrau
Very nice bike. The colors are special, and I like them. Will always look gorgeous in the sunset
The setup of the bars is unique, I would prefer similar ones but if there’s a reason for differentiation, great.
But the rack! This is irritating to me (height). Is there a special reason for that?
Bar differential -- the bike, of course, came with gripshifts and straight bars as it is nominally a mountain bike. however, my stoker (and the stoker is always right) likes to get into the drops on occasion, so the carbon fiber drops came off of the CDale RT2 and made their way to the da Vinci.

As for the height of the rack ... while not ideal, this Blackburn was the only one I could find that used the mid mount points on the rear stays. The only "mountain" versions I could find use the bendable, adjustable silver stabilizer straps which mount at the seat collar and I think are rather unsightly...
Old 11-08-19, 10:35 AM
Joint Venture

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Nice bike!! We love our 2016 S&S da Vinci Joint Venture custom. It’s our second da Vinci tandem. The first was a stock Joint Venture back in 2001. Enjoy your new beauty!
Old 11-08-19, 01:22 PM
Ludkeh
alpine cross trainer

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix, Quintara Roo Sendoza, DaVici In-2-Ition Tandem,

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 8 Posts
Nice bike and great color! We love our In-2-ition Road Tandem! Our previous tandem was a Co-motion tandem which now just collects dust, Would never go back. Enjoy the happy miles to come.
Old 12-02-19, 04:10 PM
DASTandem

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
Winterized for Colorado Springs

I realize fenders aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but they keep Deb happy and the bike quite a bit cleaner.

I realize fenders aren’t everyone’s cup of tea, but they keep Deb happy and the bike quite a bit cleaner.
Likes For DASTandem:
Old 12-02-19, 09:28 PM
jethro00

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 32 Posts
We put fenders on our Grand Junction. They obstruct the view for checking the rear tire, so there is that. I have to bend way down to check the rear tire. But, keeping the stripe off the stoker's back is worth the negatives.
Old 12-18-19, 02:48 PM
PBS

Bikes: Trek Versa 2 Hybrid, Giant Contend SL Road bike, davinci randem

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a davinci and love it. the nonsychronized pedaling makes it super easy for an experienced rider to be my stoker.
Old 12-19-19, 12:24 AM
lichtgrau

Bikes: (Ti) Rabbit "soulmate" plus half a dozen "half bikes"

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 28 Times in 19 Posts
Originally Posted by jethro00
We put fenders on our Grand Junction. They obstruct the view for checking the rear tire, so there is that. I have to bend way down to check the rear tire. But, keeping the stripe off the stoker's back is worth the negatives.
Thumbs up for the fenders . Always liked (and needed) them and never got the concept of omitting them completely. Only my nice-weather race bike is living without fenders...
So the da Vinci took the next step to a real "all-weather touring bike"
Old 12-21-19, 03:28 PM
DASTandem

Liked 6 Times in 2 Posts
now if only ...

Originally Posted by lichtgrau
Thumbs up for the fenders . Always liked (and needed) them and never got the concept of omitting them completely. Only my nice-weather race bike is living without fenders...
So the da Vinci took the next step to a real "all-weather touring bike"
lichtgrau, I think we have taken the da Vinci about as far as we can for all weather. Now if we can just winter-proof the riders to handle the weather when it dips to 30, the sky is overcast, and the wind is blowing just a bit....

the fenders are especially nice when (like now) the snow is sticking around and slowly melting and keeping the asphalt wet.