Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Recreational & Family
Reload this Page >

App that makes a bike sound like a sports car

Notices
Recreational & Family Ride just to ride? Have a family and want to get them into cycling? Drop in here to discuss recreational and family cycling issues.

Old 12-01-19, 08:25 AM
Asl00

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everyone!

I'm a 19-year-old student from Finland. I love cycling and have been riding a bike as far as I can remember.
This autumn my friends and I were cycling and somehow, we started to wonder, if there was a way to play car engine sounds from a Bluetooth speaker we had with us – because why not
However, there were no such apps that we could've used while biking, so after we got home, I started planning.

Now a few months later I published Accelomemer on Google Play. You can check it out here: play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ASLGames.Accelomemer
As far as I can tell, it’s the first engine sound app specifically made for cycling.
It works by using the accelerometer on your phone to detect how fast you’re pedaling to match the engine sound revs to your pedaling speed. The result is pretty hilarious to say the least.

I know that many of you won’t like this self-promoting nor the app itself, but since the feedback has been overwhelmingly positive so far, I wanted to share it with you anyway.
I think it has great potential but as an indie developer it’s extremely difficult to get the word out.
Anyway, I would really like to know what you think about it. Is this something you or your kids would like to try out?