Search
Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Matthew Glaetzer

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-19, 10:53 PM
colnago62

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 230 Posts
Matthew Glaetzer

Watching the racing in New Zealand, the announcers mentioned he just had a tumor removed. I was wondering why he wasn’t at Minsk and Hong Kong.
Old 12-07-19, 11:50 PM
pierrej

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by colnago62
Watching the racing in New Zealand, the announcers mentioned he just had a tumor removed. I was wondering why he wasn’t at Minsk and Hong Kong.
Australia only sent a small team of enduros to Glasgow and not the other rounds, NZ is the first full team round.
Old 12-08-19, 10:54 AM
colnago62

Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 412 Times in 230 Posts
I hope this doesn’t derail his chance to go to the Olympics.
https://www.australiancyclingteam.co...ncer-diagnosis

Last edited by colnago62; 12-08-19 at 11:32 AM.
Old 12-09-19, 07:22 AM
topflightpro

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 1851 Post(s)
Liked 678 Times in 429 Posts
It shouldn't affect him too much. Thyroid cancer is the slowest growing, least aggressive, and least scary form of cancer there is. In fact, there's a growing body of research saying that people with thyroid cancer should just leave it alone and monitor it rather than remove it, as the surgery to remove the thyroid is actually more dangerous than the cancer and adjusting to synthetic thyroid stimulating hormones (TSH) can be challenging. It can take 6-12 months before doctors figure out the proper TSH dosage, and that can affect his recovery and ability to train.
Likes For topflightpro: