Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

DuoTrap S Compatible Computer or Apps?

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-20, 08:44 PM
hls811

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts

I just picked up a near new 2019 Trek Dual Sport 3, It came with the DuoTrap S already on it. I do like the clean look of using it vs. the zip ties and straps for the other units so I'd like to use it but i'm unsure of the best route to go. Whats the cheapest (but still decent) computer I could get that would be compatible? I'm not a hardcore rider, I'd like to see speed, distance and time as I'm riding and then have something I could easily upload to my phone. I'm not opposed to going just with my phone and getting a handlebar mount, but if I could keep that in my seat bag I'd be fine. I'm thinking something along the lines of the Garmin 25, but even then I'm paying for the sensors I wouldn't necessarily need.

Is there an app that connects directly to the DuoTrap S? It looked like at one point Strava did, but thats not the case any longer. Does the Garmin Connect app? (I'd think no since its a competing brand).
Old 03-26-20, 07:49 AM
Iride01 
I'm good to go!

Bikes: Tarmac Disc Comp Di2 - 2020

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 6185 Post(s)
Liked 4,803 Times in 3,313 Posts
It's simply a speed and cadence sensor that does both bluetooth and ant+. So you can pretty much connect it to whatever you want. Of course there are probably some oddballs out there that don't work well with it.

My son has it on his bike and all his Garmin's can use it properly through the ant+. I don't know if he has ever tried using something with bluetooth with it. Though I'd expect it's not a problem.

So really it's more about what you want to use, not so much the sensor, because the sensor will work with most anything.
Likes For Iride01:
Old 03-26-20, 05:27 PM
But its me 

Bikes: A few older US made Cannondales, a modern Soma Saga (no longer made, alas!), and one gifted crabon Specialized. Never enough.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 60 Times in 39 Posts
I had a Trek 720 disc with Duotrap S and Garmin Edge 1000. No complaints about the Duotrap or Edge, although I cannot say the same for the frame (cracked at the seat tube/top tube junction). Garmin has knocked off the prices for their Edge units, I suggest the 130 model ($150) or higher. Likely a one time purchase so might as well take advantage of the sale.
Old 03-26-20, 08:36 PM
hls811

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by But its me
I had a Trek 720 disc with Duotrap S and Garmin Edge 1000. No complaints about the Duotrap or Edge, although I cannot say the same for the frame (cracked at the seat tube/top tube junction). Garmin has knocked off the prices for their Edge units, I suggest the 130 model ($150) or higher. Likely a one time purchase so might as well take advantage of the sale.
thanks, I was actually looking at the 130 today. With the price drop on that (and the higher end models) I’m wondering if new models are coming out soon.
Old 05-02-21, 08:10 AM
Leemikes

Bikes: Trek

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Duotrap S & Wahoo

If all you want is a stand alone iPhone App to pair with your DuoTrap / DuoTrapS, Wahoo works great! Just add in the DuoTrap as “Other Wahoo Sensor”. It might show an error of N/A RPM & N/A Cadence but when you go to Record mode it works just fine showing current speed & cadence, tracking map, etc (don’t forget to set tire size)