Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hi from West Sussex, UK.

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Hi from West Sussex, UK.

Old 03-29-20, 05:41 AM
47Ronin

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 13 Posts
Hi from West Sussex, UK.

Hi
I've come into ownership of several bikes as my 89 year old dad has sadly had to move into a home due to vascular dementia.
I just managed to jump in and buy them from him before he sold the lot for a song and a dance. I couldn’t bare seeing them go as they had been ever present during mine and my siblings childhood with him riding every day and racing whenever he could.
Strange to be connected to something that wasn’t mine but they feel like a large part of my family’s history/memories.

Looking forward to getting some or all back on the road but not convinced I’ll be able to manage alone.
Total of 6 bikes including one tandem (which I think is late 40’s).

Hope to post some photos soon once I've past 10 posts and any advise and help in the future gratefully received.

Take care everyone and and stay safe in the current World situation.
Nigel
Old 03-30-20, 02:20 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3059 Post(s)
Liked 6,378 Times in 3,691 Posts
Welcome!
Old 03-30-20, 02:38 PM
47Ronin

Originally Posted by cb400bill
Welcome!
Thanks and Hi.
Currently reading through threads to find best treatment for rusty Ted Pritchard frame so I can keep original paint and clear seal with something.
lots of reading to do 😂

Last edited by 47Ronin; 03-30-20 at 02:46 PM.
Likes For 47Ronin:
Old 03-30-20, 02:47 PM
rmwesley

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Hi mate, not too far from you ...up in Camberley. Few of my routes take me down into West Sussex. Whereabouts are you? Cheers, Richard
Old 03-30-20, 02:50 PM
delbiker1 
Mother Nature's Son

Bikes: 2014 Orbea Avant MD30, 2004 Airborne Zeppelin TI, 2003 Lemond Poprad, 2001 Lemond Tourmalet, 2014? Soma Smoothie

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked 1,414 Times in 801 Posts
Hello from south coastal Sussex, Delaware USA. Don't look at what needs to be done to all of the bikes at one time. Pick which one you would most like to tackle first, figure out what needs to be done with it, concentrate on getting just that one done. When you have gotten back into road riding condition, give yourself a "job well done" pat on the back. Ride it if you like, but take a couple of days before choosing which one to do next. I wish you success in your 2 wheeled endeavors, and be safe.
Old 03-30-20, 03:18 PM
47Ronin

Originally Posted by delbiker1
Hello from south coastal Sussex, Delaware USA. Don't look at what needs to be done to all of the bikes at one time. Pick which one you would most like to tackle first, figure out what needs to be done with it, concentrate on getting just that one done. When you have gotten back into road riding condition, give yourself a "job well done" pat on the back. Ride it if you like, but take a couple of days before choosing which one to do next. I wish you success in your 2 wheeled endeavors, and be safe.
Thanks for the advice. It does seem all a bit daunting at the moment. I think I will choose between a couple that are part way there, with bottom brackets and headsets all there as I’ve never had any experience with them
Old 03-30-20, 03:24 PM
47Ronin

Originally Posted by rmwesley
Hi mate, not too far from you ...up in Camberley. Few of my routes take me down into West Sussex. Whereabouts are you? Cheers, Richard
Hi Richard
I’m near Gatwick. My dad was in Charlotteville CC and hailed from Woking, Chobham area.
His first race from what I can work out was 1948.
Likes For 47Ronin:
Old 03-30-20, 06:28 PM
Mad Honk 

Bikes: Paramount, Faggin, Ochsner, Ciocc, Basso

Mentioned: 114 Post(s)
Quoted: 1283 Post(s)
Liked 1,835 Times in 1,109 Posts
Kudu's 47Ronin for saving a bit of your family history! The forums are a bit fun filled with history, knowledge and a bunch of other stuff tossed it to keep thing mixed up sometimes. You should like it here, with plenty of help from folks who have done the work before, and some questions from those just learning. Glad to have you aboard! Smiles, MH
Old 03-31-20, 02:35 AM
47Ronin

Originally Posted by Mad Honk
Kudu's 47Ronin for saving a bit of your family history! The forums are a bit fun filled with history, knowledge and a bunch of other stuff tossed it to keep thing mixed up sometimes. You should like it here, with plenty of help from folks who have done the work before, and some questions from those just learning. Glad to have you aboard! Smiles, MH
Thanks Mad Honk. I’m going to take a few photos today and try to decide where to start.
Old 04-09-20, 10:17 PM
c8h

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome from Seattle!
Old 04-13-20, 12:20 PM
taff78

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Hello from Lancashire.
Can't wait to see pictures of your dads bike collection. Lots of happy memories by the sounds of it.
Stay safe