Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Gazelle. Arroyo Elite or Ultimate T10

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Old 08-22-20, 01:00 PM
Lisalou

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

I’m new to ebiking. These are the two I’ve narrowed it down to. I have ridden the Ultimate and the older Arroyo. I’ve yet to ride the Arroyo Elite. I love the hub gears but the T10 seems to have more power. Pros and cons???
Old 08-22-20, 06:56 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4323 Post(s)
Liked 3,945 Times in 2,638 Posts
Ultimate T10 for sure. Their rim brakes aren't great and it is a shame because generally Magura has had some great luck with rim brakes but I think on E-bikes not so good. Plus if you need to fix a flat doing it on the Arroyo is really hard and can take quite a while and without a stand could take longer.

I would also say Active Line Plus is another no go for me. I would much rather have a performance line if I want an e-bike unless the bike with the Active Line Plus motor is super light which generally is not as it is a cheaper motor. Keep in mind NL is very flat so a heavier lower power bike is probably just fine but with hills a little more power is better. Plus I can get the Ultimate T10 in the speed version so I can better keep up in traffic.
Old 08-22-20, 07:46 PM
Lisalou

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks. That’s very helpful. I want something that will take me a long way, up steep hills and give me the power and ease to do both!!
Old 08-23-20, 07:54 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4323 Post(s)
Liked 3,945 Times in 2,638 Posts
Originally Posted by Lisalou
Thanks. That’s very helpful. I want something that will take me a long way, up steep hills and give me the power and ease to do both!!
No worries, it is what I do literally I get paid (not here though) to advise people on bikes and help them with service and warranty.

If you are looking for more range, you might consider something from Riese and Müller like the Nevo3. That particular model I have spec'd out has my favorite Rohloff E-14 with belt drive, dual batteries, Gen4 Speed motor and the upgraded Kiox display in a really nice comfortable low entry package. Yes it is a bit more money I will not mince that one but by golly it is a fantastic bike and one I sell a good deal of at the shop. Of course with different specs you could get the price down but "go big or go home".
Old 09-04-20, 02:32 PM
Lisalou

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I rode a brand new Ultimate T10 for two weeks (as a loner) and then went and picked up my Petrol Arroyo Elite. What a difference! The Arroyo is SO comfortable, nimble and light. Being able to change gears at the bottom of a hill or at a stoplight when I have it in eighth gear is so EASY! No pedaling required. And I have not noticed any difference in power while riding the same hilly terrain with both. To me the Arroyo Elite is the winner in many ways. Love my bike!
Likes For Lisalou: