Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Cool Blue Peugeot Nouveau

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-23, 09:26 PM
cjefferds 
Learning To Fly

Bikes: '62 Schwinn Continental, '69 Raleigh Tourist (DL-1), '79 Raleigh Grand Prix, '71 Raleigh Sprite

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 192 Times in 47 Posts

Please let me know if anyone is interested in purchase or trade. I believe it’s a ‘79.

Seat has been replaced. Missing dyno and lights. Reflector and grips came off an old Raleigh. Pedals are French but not original.

Last edited by cjefferds; 12-05-23 at 09:30 PM.
Likes For cjefferds:
Old 01-09-24, 03:46 AM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 755 Post(s)
Liked 419 Times in 335 Posts
Just curious, what size wheels? My eyeball says larger than 20"/406, but smaller than 26". Would be nice if something standard like 24", but it's French...

"Never buy a French car, unless you live in FRANCE." - Ray Magliozzi
Old 01-09-24, 02:57 PM
cjefferds 
Learning To Fly

Bikes: '62 Schwinn Continental, '69 Raleigh Tourist (DL-1), '79 Raleigh Grand Prix, '71 Raleigh Sprite

Yes oddball size wheels for which tires are hard to find. Tire size is 22 x 1 3/8 (37-490). I was able find the gray Kendas on eBay I think. Not ideal in terms of the appearance and ride quality but they work. I have heard that Michelin may still make this size tire for EU market.
Old 01-10-24, 01:16 AM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 755 Post(s)
Liked 419 Times in 335 Posts
Originally Posted by cjefferds
Yes oddball size wheels for which tires are hard to find. Tire size is 22 x 1 3/8 (37-490). I was able find the gray Kendas on eBay I think. Not ideal in terms of the appearance and ride quality but they work. I have heard that Michelin may still make this size tire for EU market.
My eyeball did not betray, I still got it. Wow, that is a "b@stard size", as my father would call anything that is non-standard or obscure sizing. Sometimes increases the collector value; "Rare! Hard to find!" Or at least according to sellers.
Old 01-18-24, 05:06 PM
cjefferds 
Learning To Fly

Originally Posted by Duragrouch
My eyeball did not betray, I still got it. Wow, that is a "b@stard size", as my father would call anything that is non-standard or obscure sizing. Sometimes increases the collector value; "Rare! Hard to find!" Or at least according to sellers.
Ha! I think I will start referring to this one as the blue bastard henceforth