Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

Amica folders?

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Amica folders?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-06, 10:39 AM
Velo Dog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Amica folders?

A woman I work with, a non-cyclist, bought a folder in a thrift shop the other day and asked if I knew anything about it. She can't remember anything but the name "Amica" on the frame, and I can't find any reference to Amica as a bike manufacturer. I'm going to look at it later to see if I can pick up any clues from components etc., but does anybody know anything?
Thanks
Old 01-23-06, 11:04 AM
GeorgeBaby

Bikes: 2005 Bike Friday NWT, Bacchetta Giro 26, 2019 Titanium Bilenky Midlands

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
The only reference I could find was https://www.idm-srl.it/Light_Electrical_Vehicle.asp.
Old 01-23-06, 03:54 PM
Chop!

Bikes: GoBike, Long-john, Strida III, Oke Ja recumbent, Brompton, Moulton, BSA, Strida 5

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If it is a non-electric folder (or even a converted electric folder) please try to get some photos of folding mech, stickers (decals), geras, brakes etc.
Thanks
Site for the Rock& Roll Tour Bus that I drive.
Chop! The mad Welshman, lost in the urban jungle somewhere between LLanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Vladivostock!
Old 01-23-06, 11:55 PM
AmicaChick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks to everyone who has checked this out, and especially to Velo Dog for his original post. I figure he's been nice enough at this point so I'll stop making him play middle man and post myself.

I do not believe this bike was originally electric. It does have a front and rear light (which I hope to have working soon from a generator). The lights and generator do not appear to be original.

The folding mechanism looks as if it was damaged and the release for this part is unquestionably a fix for a lost or destroyed original part. We're pretty much stop or go here -- single speed, coasting brakes. The tires are 20 x 1.75.

The quick releases are all old and read Brevettato on the release tab, the quick release clamps read Brevetto "ursuss."

All of the stickers read Amica. The stickers are blue text with white background and red highlighting. The logo also uses silver in the text. The only other item on the bike that could (in a really long shot) help to identify the bike is an old City of San Jose 5-year bicycle license sticker, license #108512.

I can't wait to get this bike on the road, it will be fun in my rural neighborhood. And when I figure out how to fold it without clocking myself with the handlebars, just think how much more fun I'll be having!

p.s. to administrator: if these photo files are too big please kill them or do whatever you need to do, I understand.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
BikeAmica.jpg (63.3 KB, 118 views)
FoldedAmica.jpg (68.6 KB, 93 views)
FoldingMechAmica.jpg (52.6 KB, 75 views)
GeneratorAmica.jpg (69.4 KB, 66 views)
LabelAmica.jpg (54.8 KB, 78 views)
LabelLicenseAmica.jpg (51.1 KB, 70 views)
Old 01-24-06, 02:59 AM
Chop!

Bikes: GoBike, Long-john, Strida III, Oke Ja recumbent, Brompton, Moulton, BSA, Strida 5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks AmicaChick!

Your bike now appears in my A to Z

Amica

Good luck with it and safe riding!
Site for the Rock& Roll Tour Bus that I drive.
Chop! The mad Welshman, lost in the urban jungle somewhere between LLanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch and Vladivostock!
Old 01-24-06, 05:21 AM
AWOL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
love the hhead tube and seat tube decals.
Old 12-15-07, 07:50 AM
Esteban32696

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
This is an old thread that I found doing a search forAmica folders . I saw one of these exact bikes, yesterday for sale. Never has been powered & is diassembled using an Allen wrench that clips to the seat tube. This one was faded red & needed a little work & front wheel truing. Only difference was that the one I saw had a 3 speed hub. I didn't buy it, but they wanted $50.
Old 12-22-08, 11:23 PM
chainstrainer
lube addict

Bikes: Specialized FSR-XC, Optima Baron, Bianchi Pista, Strida 5.0

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Old thread, I know, but I saw this Amica outside my office just today:
Attached Images
Amica.jpg (69.6 KB, 75 views)
Old 12-23-08, 08:47 AM
edwong3

Bikes: 2023 Zizzo Liberte

Quoted: 66 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 46 Posts
You just gotta love those older folders. They bring back memories of simpler times

Edward
Old 03-31-10, 04:46 PM
Tom62

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi! my name is Tom and I'm from Florida.
I am new to this forum and new to folder bike.
I have not owned a bike in over 40 years so please be gentle!
I saw and had to have this little bike the other day and now after purchase I hope to find out more about it,
it says Amica and has a 3 speed rear hub. and 20 inch wheels
I have rode the bike and everything works great.
I want to replace the shift and brake cable find an adjustable seat lock, rear light, and
Since it has such a nice patina to it I don't want to restore it, just clean it up a bit and enjoy riding it.
any parts or even general information would be great
Thanks Tom
here are a few pictures

Last edited by Tom62; 03-31-10 at 05:20 PM.
Old 01-01-24, 03:49 PM
dacaylor

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had picked up an Amica at a garage sale about a decade ago with plans of fixing it up... now I'm wanting to dump it. I hate for it to go to a scapper ;-(
I know I'm probably violating "rules" of the forum, but if there is anyone in Central FL; northern side of Orlando area that wants a fixer-upper; try to respond ASAP because I want this gone... it will be put out for trash pickup Jan 31 2024!
If you decide it is of any value over ZERO dollars... I'd be happy to accept anything.
I'm assuming this forum has a way for you to private message me? I'll try to connect multiple times in Jan 2024 to see if there is anyone wanting to rescue this.