Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Weight Loss: Post Your Before and After Pics Here!

Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Weight Loss: Post Your Before and After Pics Here!

Old 06-10-13, 02:22 PM
wbuttry

Bikes: diamondback outlook turned commuter/ bike packer And a tour easy recumbent for on road touring

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
chugosh gabedad both excellent loses i dont mind being that kind of looser of weight that is lol
Old 06-16-13, 04:44 PM
Rollerdave

Bikes: 2007 Lightfoot Cycles Magnum, 2009 Specialized Hard Rock Sport Disc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm not sure if I ever posted this before...

https://i305.photobucket.com/albums/n...eforeAfter.jpg

On the left I was actually leaning on the crate my trike came in.

On the right is not the most recent pic, I DID get down to 350, but the last bit wasn't a healthy thing so I don't really claim it.
Old 07-17-13, 02:00 PM
theanimal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ok here are my progress pics.

Before is 2004 at 346lbs After is a few days ago at 183lbs.

Old 07-17-13, 04:32 PM
WonkerJaw
Tar is not a toy.

Bikes: Marin Verona - C'dale F5 CAD2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow wsm9808! You have done amazing work. Thanks for sharing. I've been telling myself (a lot) why I can't do the same thing with my life. It's very inspiring to see that it can be done!
Old 07-18-13, 06:38 PM
IAMAMRA
Big Boned Biker

Bikes: Raleigh Detour 4.5, Trek Crossrip Elite '14

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am still a work in progress but this shows from a one year period of owning my bike.

I am down now about #130 total.
Old 07-18-13, 08:19 PM
chrism32205

Bikes: Bianchi Axis (commuter), Specialized Tricross S-Works, BMC Team Machine SLT01, Mercier Kilo TT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Some really awesome posts here
Old 07-20-13, 06:50 AM
Chugosh

Bikes: Fuji S-12-S

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Technically, I guess I no longer qualify. I just weighed in at 199 pounds!
Old 08-08-13, 09:39 PM
rideorglide

Bikes: Leader 780-R; Rockhopper FSR;Trek 660; Kona Blast Hardtail

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Clydesdale with me clothes on ... darn doctor had the nerve to weigh me at 201, I was darn 197.8 this morning!
Old 08-11-13, 01:28 PM
Yo Spiff
Carpe Velo

Bikes: 2000 Bianchi Veloce, '88 Schwinn Prologue, '90 Bianchi Volpe,'94 Yokota Grizzly Peak, Yokota Enterprise, '16 Diamondback Haanjo, '91 Bianchi Boardwalk, Ellsworth cruiser

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 13 Posts
These two shots were so similar that they illustrated my loss very well. Within just a few days of being 2 years apart. Still have a few pounds to get where I want to be, however.
Attached Images
Old 09-20-13, 10:26 AM
moonlessnight

Bikes: 1990 Cannondale Criterium 3,

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A while back I introduced myself and made a point to comment on how I have had weight loss success riding my back. At the time I was encouraged to put up a before and after pic. I wanted to wait until I reached my goal before posting which is one of the reasons I haven't posted in some time. That being said I am close but not yet at my goal but I have decided to go ahead and post a pic. The before was me about 3 years ago at my heaviest. The after was taken a few weeks ago. As of this week I have lost 151 pounds total!

Attached Images
Old 09-20-13, 06:03 PM
chrism32205

Bikes: Bianchi Axis (commuter), Specialized Tricross S-Works, BMC Team Machine SLT01, Mercier Kilo TT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow.. moonlessnight. That is amazing. Doesn't even look like the same guy!
Old 09-22-13, 12:31 PM
dbikingman

Bikes: mountain bike, road bike

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Moonlessnight to say fantastic results seems like an understatement.

With your success please post more often, it inspires others.

I'll watch for the lean Moonlessnight on the road of Spokane.
Old 10-29-13, 11:02 AM
Carib Can

Bikes: Eclipse Full Carbon Race Bike

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by moonlessnight
A while back I introduced myself and made a point to comment on how I have had weight loss success riding my back. At the time I was encouraged to put up a before and after pic. I wanted to wait until I reached my goal before posting which is one of the reasons I haven't posted in some time. That being said I am close but not yet at my goal but I have decided to go ahead and post a pic. The before was me about 3 years ago at my heaviest. The after was taken a few weeks ago. As of this week I have lost 151 pounds total!

What did you to loose the weight? Biked a lot and go with a light diet, balanced diet and less biking? Would be good to know what you guys did.

Congrats on the weight loss by the way, I hope many more can follow, find success and be healthy.
Likes For Carib Can:
Old 10-29-13, 12:19 PM
moonlessnight

Bikes: 1990 Cannondale Criterium 3,

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Carib Can
What did you to loose the weight? Biked a lot and go with a light diet, balanced diet and less biking? Would be good to know what you guys did.

Congrats on the weight loss by the way, I hope many more can follow, find success and be healthy.
It had to start with an attitude change. I had known for some time that I needed to change but my attitude was all wrong which set me up for failure. Once I got right in the head the rest was actually quite easy. I started small by substituting foods for better alternatives (i.e. ground turkey for ground hamburger). From there it was lots of research on what food to eat and what to avoid.

Since then I have cut out all processed foods, don't eat out, and primarily eat a vegetarian diet (about 80/20...80 being veggies, fruits, nuts, etc.. and 20 being lean meats such as turkey, fish, or chicken). Not only do I watch what I eat but how much I eat as well. I started out eating a ton of calories when I was larger and slowly decreased my intake and now I eat around 1600 to 2000 calories a day depending on my workout.

I also exercise at least 5 days a week. I change it up from time to time so I don't get bored. Unfortunately do to the cold and my busy schedule I'm not biking as much as I'd like but I was riding to and from work everyday. It's also good to add a strength training routine as well. You need to not only burn fat but to build muscle as well.

And being that I have changed my life style and not just gone on a "diet" I do not worry about reverting. I still have some work to do but I am getting there and being patient has to be a factor (one which I am still learning).

Right now outside of my weight loss goals I have the goal of doing the 2014 Seattle to Portland ride and I am very much looking forward to it!

Last edited by moonlessnight; 10-30-13 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-29-13, 02:42 PM
Chitown_Mike
That guy from the Chi

Bikes: 88 Trek 800 - gone to new cheeks; '14 Trek 1.2 - aka The X1 Advanced; '13 Trek 3500 Disc

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I might as well post, I am not done by any means but definitely a lot closer than before.

In high school I wrestled and played 16" Chicago style softball, I was always a "big" guy. I wrestled the 215 weight class and did fairly well. I was relatively active but loved me some TV. When I graduated high school I was around 230-ish (2002) fast forward a bunch of years and I was bouncing between 260-280 for most of my 20s. The lowest I got was 238 last summer, but over the winter (2012-2013) I ballooned back up to 272 (that was my weight between Thanksgiving and Christmas).

I was floating around 220-230 when I worked in shops on cars, but that was because I was on my feet. Well once I got that cushy desk job, that was when I was up between 260-280. I was still pretty "quick" for my size, and loved playing paintball and football with friends, but I always seemed to lag towards the end of anything extended. My blood pressure was always good (for the most part) but I started getting odd health situations come up.

I found myself with a heart rate that would skyrocket for no reason leaving my almost passing out. I went into the ER for a bleeding lower GI. I had issues controlling glucose in my blood, and the assorted back and knee issues associated with being overweight.

Then my son was born in September 2013, and my father was in the hosipital with heart issues on January 1st, 2013. Changed my "long-term" perspective on my health, and seeing the changes that other C&A's have made just encouraged me even more. So March 1st, 2013 I really clamped down on my fitness and eating habits. I never wanted to be the dad that couldn't keep up with his kids because he was fat and lazy (sorry for the bluntness), and I watched my dad have poor health when I was younger and missed out on a lot of sports and such I did. I don't want to repeat that. Now he has improved, lost a bunch of weight too, and is very involved in my little brother's life and activities as well as his grandkids.

Since November I have lost so far 56 lbs; since March 2013 it has been 36 (that's when I kept track of my eating and exercise, before that I didn't).

So here is me a couple of years ago (Sept. 2011) and is the closest picture I can find that shows my size. I was probably heavier than 272....eeek! I find it almost amusing how much I either avoided cameras when I was overweight or hid behind people or things.

Here is a picture from my son's 1st birthday, September 2013. I was right around 220, currently my lowest a few days ago was 216.

My current goal is to get down to 220 by December 31st, 2013, the latest would by my 30th birthday at the end of January. But if I can get to 220 by this years end I will be looking to put on some upper body muscle, so I am sure I'll bounce back to around 210-215 but I want it to be muscle and not the chub. I have a TRX trainer, going to pick-up a rope or large hose to do some training with, and have a 104 lbs tire in the yard to use as well.

For those that might wonder what I did, I took supplements (vitamins, mineral, phytonutrients), I rode as often as I could, I commute as often as I could, I pushed myself on solo weekend rides, and I HEAVILY watched what I ate. I limited sweets, cut out a lot of carbs, and focused on fresh veggies, fruits, and lean meats. I also took a genetic weight loss test that gave me a better idea on how my genes are related to my diet and exercise; that was huge for me because I used to eat lots of carbs after doing things thinking it would replenish me faster, instead it made me bloated.

Feel free to ask any questions for those that might be curious about details! This forum has helped me tremendously and I am more than willing to try to give back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
9-2012.jpg (15.1 KB, 412 views)
File Type: jpg
9-2013.jpg (51.5 KB, 434 views)
Likes For Chitown_Mike:
Old 10-30-13, 01:15 PM
Carib Can

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Great job guys, keep it up and thanks for the info and time to reply.
Old 10-30-13, 02:31 PM
codyhmrck

Bikes: '79 Schwinn Super Le Tour ll

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by theanimal
Ok here are my progress pics.

Before is 2004 at 346lbs After is a few days ago at 183lbs.

what happened to the tattoo on your left arm near your elbow?
Old 10-30-13, 02:58 PM
theanimal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Lol that was a temp tattoo that they were giving out in our ride packets. There was a john Wayne tattoo also
Old 10-30-13, 08:54 PM
Carib Can

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by theanimal
Lol that was a temp tattoo that they were giving out in our ride packets. There was a john Wayne tattoo also
And your wedding ring? Just joking, had to add that. Hope you are still married.
Old 10-31-13, 08:27 AM
Chitown_Mike
That guy from the Chi

Bikes: 88 Trek 800 - gone to new cheeks; '14 Trek 1.2 - aka The X1 Advanced; '13 Trek 3500 Disc

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
And your wedding ring? Just joking, had to add that. Hope you are still married.
Sometimes I don't wear mine because it doesn't fit! Or it sits on my middle finger instead.

Never thought my fingers would get skinny, bad enough none of my pants fit but now my wedding ring? Sheesh, it almost, ALMOST​, seems cheaper to be chunky!
Old 10-31-13, 08:28 AM
theanimal

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Haha... Yes still married :0) same woman too!!
Old 10-31-13, 09:53 AM
Carib Can

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I can't remember when mine came off and why, I know it burns like hell when I used brake or carb cleaner when it gets under my rings. Maybe we had a fight and I took it off lol.

Almost 20 yrs after somehow we are still together with two mini me

Great at to see you guys loose the weight and keep on biking.

I am hovering at 195 down from 201 my highest a few months ago, shooting to get down to 175.

I I look like a spider with chest, arms and legs of a 15 year old but a beginner beer belly I want to loose.

Keep up the biking guys.
Old 10-31-13, 10:04 PM
Axiom
Fat Cyclist

Bikes: '11 Cannondale SuperSix Dura-Ace

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Not a huge change at all.. but it's something. Fitness has improved tenfold though. From a 48 inch waist to 40, and 4xl shirts to 2xl. And maybe it's different brands, but I coulda' sworn I dropped a shoe size as well..

2 years ago:

2 months ago:

Current will be up soon. Haven't lost a ton of weight because I'll be the first to admit... food is my vice. Exercise is fun, but eating right is extremely hard because I have such little will power. There are time where I'd be down 20lbs less than the current picture, then gain it all back in a couple of months.

Had I kept off all the weight I'd be an ex-clydesdale. But the positive side is that I am in much better shape and things have changed for the better these past two years. And this forum was a TON of help. You all rock!

Last edited by Axiom; 10-31-13 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-03-13, 09:07 AM
goldfinch

Bikes: Norco Search, Terry Classic, Serotta Classique, Trek Cali carbon hardtail, 1969 Schwinn Collegiate, Giant Cadex

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Ax, it is a huge change. You look great.
Old 11-03-13, 12:43 PM
mrayw

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ax you may not see a huge change but OMG you look a whole lot lighter!!! Usually others see changes before we do..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.