Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Special Thread For 50+yo Bicyclists

Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Special Thread For 50+yo Bicyclists

Old 09-27-04, 05:31 PM
roadiebob

Bikes: Giant Sedona DX

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride?

I have a Giant Sedona comfort bike that I got about a year ago, thinking about
trying to find something better for longer distnaces

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
no

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any?
I am doing better now then I was in my 30s

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life?
about 2 years... was going very strong until I was in a bike collision this spring
and got a broken elbow and wrist .. that slowed me down till recently.. hope
to get back to normal 1-2 rides a week soon.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, commute, tour, race?
Mostly rides in the 25-65 mile range. Less then 20 does not feel like it was any kind of effort. I dont commute due to there being no reasonable way here without getting on 3 freeways.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage ?
2-4 times a month till I get back up to speed... last years milage was
around 1500. this year about 700 so far

7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.?
I walk every day, and hike with my girl friend on the weekends

Perhaps you might indicate your age on your reply??

51 as of August
Old 09-27-04, 05:38 PM
drcrash

Bikes: Atlantis, Bleriot, Waterford,Steamroller, Big Dummy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am a 53 year old guy from SE Minnesota.

2004 Atlantis
2001 Surly Crosscheck
1977 Schwinn Super LeTour 12.2
198x Diamondback road bike (unknown model)
1973 Raliegh Sprite 27

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older?
Multivitamin.

Since I was 20... a bunch. Since I was 45... not much.

Started biking regularly in 1998.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, commute, tour, race?
Commute, recreational rides, self-contained touring, and supported, event rides.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage?
In season, 4-5 days/week. ~2000 in a year without an extended tour, ~4500 in a year with an extended tour.

7. Do you do any other type of physical activities - weight lifting, skiing, running, etc.?
Light weights, stationary bike in winter.

Last edited by drcrash; 09-28-04 at 07:55 AM.
Old 09-27-04, 06:08 PM
Geezer

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please tell us your age: 61 years old.

'01 Lemond Nevada City, upgraded to Ultegra gear
'03 Trek 520 with 105 setup
'03 Fuji Roubaix with 105 setup
'03 Dahon Espresso folding bike (I only rarely ride it; twist shifters & a bouncy ride. I keep it in my car)
'04 Fuji Marseille, until I wrecked it three weeks ago

No special stuff. I eat a grapefruit & have a pear or apple nearly every day.

I know I have slowed down, but I am still in pretty good shape. Sometimes I pass younger guys & leave 'em panting. However, I have to be careful; I am a diabetic who doesn't fit the normal profile for diabetes, & it is easy to race myself hypoglycemic.

I used to bike every day for three years as a teenager; I had a paper route. From ages 11 to 16 I rode almost every day in good weather. After a hiatus, I rode for a year in '74, gave it up when I moved off the bike path that ran past my home. Began riding again in 2001.

I like long rides & try to ride 10 or more miles before getting ready for work. I ride on both bike paths & local roads.

In good weather I ride every day. I get out as often as I can after it gets cold, usually on mild days. Last year I rode 2,745 miles. This year I am at the 3,229 mark.

No other exercise except the occasional auto or home maintenace.

Perhaps you might indicate your age on your reply??[/QUOTE]
Old 09-27-04, 10:14 PM
Prosody
Are we having fun yet?

Bikes: Fuji Roubaix, Trek 7200

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DnvrFox
I thought there might be some interest in a thread such as this. If not, it will go the way of all threads - just die away.

So, here is my first contribution.

Some questions:

Please tell us your age.

A Trek hybrid I bought when I was 48, and a Fuji Roubaix--Fooge 1.75--I bought when I was 49. The 1.75 means that the bike is almost Fooge 2.0--the only original parts are the derailleurs, the cranks, bottom bracket and chainrings, the brake/shift levers and cables, the brakes, the stem and the bars. The Ritchey wheels gave out in July, and the frame went out of alignment, discovered in August.

Just a multivitamin.

Considering that, at 48, I hadn't ridden in about 15 years, I'd say I've sped up.

Lived on the bike as a kid. Bought a used bike boom ten speed when I was in college and rode it all over the place. The bike gasped it last breath about the same time my oldest child gasped his first; money and time went to children for many years.

The only race I do is the Tour de Donut. I don't eat many donuts, but I also know I won't come in last. I try to ride several days a week. On weekday afternoons I ride at least ten miles, and usually no more that 20 miles--that's all time will allow. On at least one weekend morning I will ride between thirty-five and fifty miles. I'd commute to work, but that would mean I'd have to leave the house at 5:30 a.m.

See above. Last year I rode about 3300 miles.

I work out at the YMCA when the weather is too cold and wet or when my wife, who does not ride, convinces me to accompany her.

A few minutes older than when I started answering these questions.
Old 09-28-04, 08:19 AM
DesertRoller

Bikes: 05 Specialized Roubaix

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I thought there might be some interest in a thread such as this. If not, it will go the way of all threads - just die away.

Some questions:

Please tell us your age.

2003 Fuji Finest

multi-vitamin, glucosomine condritin.

I've slowed down, but my endurance is much better than years ago

Seriously riding since June '03. Rode around like most kids while in high school, but never kept track of mileage.

Recreational/fitness riding

3 to 4 times a week - 8-10 miles on weekdays before work, longer rides on Saturdays. Preparing for El Tour de Tucson (109 miles) in November, so longest ride to date is 85 miles. Current mileage YTD about 1800 - expect close to 2400 by year end.

No

just turned 50 this year.
Old 09-29-04, 10:03 PM
CindySue48

Bikes: none yet

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please tell us your age.

I'm 50.
1. I came on here to get advice on what kind of bike to buy, how to start out, etc.
2. I take fish oil and sometimes a multivit. I follow a natural diet.
3. I had been slowing down dramatically, but since I've been stationary biking, stretching, and resistance training I feel so much better.
4. I rode for years as a child and teen, but haven't been on a bike for about 30 yrs!
5. I plan to start out riding around my neighborhood, then going to some of the local parks. I can definitly ride on trails, and I think some have paved bike trails. Currently I only use a stationary bike.
6. 3-4X/week on stationary. 30 min, not sure of the mileage.
7. Resistance training, limited and yoga stretching.
Old 09-30-04, 04:12 AM
trmcgeehan

Bikes: 1980 Univega; 1985 Ross; 1994 Trek 1400 -- all road bikes

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1. I ride two old road bikes: a 1980 Univega which I bought new for $200 (I thought this was a fortune in 1980), and a 1985 Ross which was given to me by a friend. Both are in excellent condition.

2. I take Glucosamine for moderate knee arthritis and a general vitamin supplement.

3. I figure I am slowing down about 2% a year. I keep a detailed log of each ride on my computer, using Excel. This is a good motivator.

4. I am 66, and have been biking all my life. My first bike when I was a kid was a J.C. Higgens, bought at Sears. My parents didn't have a car back then, so I lived on my bike.

5. I live in a rural Kentucky community, so there are lots of good biking roads within five minutes of where I live. I also have a "velodrome" several blocks from where I live. It's a circular road around a subdivision with very little traffic. It's about 3/4 of a mile. I ride this frequently when I want to put in an hour, and try to do at least 25 laps in an hour at an average speed of at least 10 mph. The course has one good hill which takes me about 1 minute to climb.

6. I try to ride 3-4 times a week, year round, and put in about 40-50 miles a week. This year, I wanted to do 2,000 miles, but it doesn't look like I will make it. With three months to go, I have only put in 1300 miles. I will have to do some centuries if I want to hit 2,000. I have only done 2 centuries in my entire life, and these were years ago.

7. I am 66 years old. My resting pulse rate is 48. Pretty good for an old fart!
Old 09-30-04, 07:57 PM
EastKY

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

- We have Giant Cypress hybrids. The wife & I have always done strength training, but had neglected aerobics, and neither like running, so we went the bicycle route and love it!

- Have been a vitamin/mineral/supplement "user" since I picked up my first Prevention magazine way back in the early 70s. So yes, take a full regimen, but not simply because I've grown older, I've supplemented most all of my adult life. Plus a simple diet with very little red meat or fried foods.

- Some, naturally, but nothing drastic other than some joint discomfort now and then.

- Regretably, only for a couple months now. Sure wish we'd have thought of this before.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides.

- As newbees, just short rides for now, but we're getting more bike-fit with each day, so I see some longer rides in the future. In fact, we bought a nice
hitch rack to carry our bikes to some distant bike trails.

- Every day, so far. About 10 miles a day, so let's deduct the cold / nasty days, and say we should average about 1800 miles per yr??

7. We do a full body weight lifting regimen twice a week.

Age: I'm 57 yrs and she's 60. 20 yrs ago, that sounded old to me, but neither of us feels old. Feel pretty darned good, actually! :-)

Last edited by EastKY; 09-30-04 at 08:09 PM. Reason: Missed question # 7
Old 10-01-04, 07:08 AM
MrEWorm

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a 2001 Trek Police bicycle, a 2004 Surly CrossCheck and a 1993ish SportMart mountain bike

Centrum Silver vitamins, potassium, magnesium and calcium

Rather than slow down, I think my historic activity has been on a sine wave. I have gone through periods of activity and inactivity.

I have always had a bicycle. My motto is "Once you have fallen off of a bike, you never forget how"

My typical ride is 12 miles on rail-to-trail. Usually It is just me, the deer and squirrels.

I put 820 miles on the bike so far this year. At an average of 12 miles per ride, that is 67 times.

Work, which can be somewhat physical, is my only other activity. I am not interested in high impact activities like running and I really enjoy the outside aspect of bicycling. Even though I set up a winter trainer every year I rarely use it.
Old 10-01-04, 09:25 AM
GeorgeBaby

Bikes: 2005 Bike Friday NWT, Bacchetta Giro 26, 2019 Titanium Bilenky Midlands

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Please tell us your age.

1986 Hujsak custom road touring bike

ordinary multivitamin

I seem to have slowed down a couple MPH, but my century time has stayed about the same

about 30 years, came back to it in my 20s when I was worried about my health

commute, plus touring, some long rides on weekends

about 1500-2000 miles/year

XCski in winter
Old 10-01-04, 09:48 AM
bnet1
'Bent Brian

Bikes: Trek 1000, Rans Tailwind

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK, in a much earlier post I didn't put in the correct info.

Bikes: 2004 RANS Tailwind (always ridden), Early 90's Trek 1000 (never ridden)

Ride for some commute and fun.

No vitamins

Slowed down some (not as fast as I used to be).

Been riding since childhood (age 5).

No idea as to annual miles. Ride as often as I can.

When I'm not on the bike I'm loading hay, cleaning stalls, Riding and showing my Quarter Horse and Miniature horses.

'bent Brian
Old 10-01-04, 12:44 PM
John E
feros ferio

Bikes: 1959 Capo Modell Campagnolo; 1960 Capo Sieger (2); 1962 Carlton Franco Suisse; 1970 Peugeot UO-8; 1982 Bianchi Campione d'Italia; 1988 Schwinn Project KOM-10;

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 1380 Post(s)
Liked 1,279 Times in 815 Posts
Please tell us your age.

(See signature.)
2 road classics with slack / touring geometry (72 degrees parallel, longish wheelbase)
2 more recent road classics with old school tighter / racing geometry
1 old school mountain bike ("What's a 'suspension system'?")

mulple vitamins and minerals
glucosamine & condroitin
Saw Palmetto
coenzyme Q-10
Ginko
kelp

peak speed: approx. 10%; endurance: no difference

Since age 12, when my substandard/retraded physical coordination finally developed sufficiently to enable me to balance a bicycle.

Commuting, transportation, short recreational rides. Mostly solo, plus occasional group rides.

I bike at least twice per week, more often when I commute. Annual jogging distance = 1200 mi / 2000 km; annual cycling distance = 1800 mi / 3000 km

Weight lifting, hiking, walking, jogging, indoor rowing.
Peugeot: 1970 UO-8, S/N 0010468
Bianchi: 1982 Campione d'Italia, S/N 1.M9914
Schwinn: 1988 Project KOM-10, S/N F804069
Old 10-01-04, 04:45 PM
wfin2004
Banned

Bikes: Trek 4900

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Some questions:

Please tell us your age.

Trek 4900

Viagra

Not slowed at all, if anything I have sped up.

Fairly new, less than 3 yrs

Trails / cross country stuff-- Also trails to rails thingies- I do not do roads

1500 miles a yr

Nope

50-(just made the "cut")
Old 10-01-04, 07:18 PM
Grampy™
Geezer Member

Bikes: Airborne, LeMond, Bianchi CX, Volae Century, Redline 925 (fixed) and a Burley Tandem.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have 3, Airborne Carpe Diem (Cyclocross), a Reparto Corse Bianchi Cyclocross and a Burley Tandum. (so far)

Basic multiple vitamin and Glucosamine.

When in my 20's I have a clear recolection of looking down at my front chainrings and thinking,"I wonder why they put that little chainring there....does anyone actually use it?"
The other day I was thinking to myself, "Why on earth do I have that huge chainring on here?"

Pretty much all my life, but in the last 5 years it's become a full time hobby/sport.

My average ride length is about 30 miles. (weather permitting, shorter rides in crappy weather)

About 5 days a week. 4-5,000/year.

Walking.

Old 10-01-04, 09:25 PM
Dchiefransom

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts

Some questions:

Please tell us your age.

51 years old.

Lemond Zurich, Trek 420. Looking to try a recumbent.

Daily vitamin, Calcium, Vitamin C.

Started cycling again at 48 y.o., so I'm about the same.

2 years.

Rec rides, organized centuries/metric centuries.

2,500 miles.

Mailman with walking route.

Hope that answers things. I'm looking for the threads on what supplements to take for my joints. I'm not sure all the squeeks and creaks are coming from my bike.
Is Geritol a good substitute for chain lube?
Does Body Glide help eliminate vericose veins?
Old 10-02-04, 09:11 AM
DanS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please tell us your age.
Soma Smoothie Ultegra Triple
Novara Randonee
Giant Sedona

Centram Silver, My eye doctor recommended it.
glucosomine and condroidin

No

Restarted a couple years ago with the Giant Sedona

Usually shorter rides 20-30 miles

When time allows, which with work and the commute and other duties and interests doesn't seem to be very often! Anual mileage....few hundred miles

Walking a couple miles daily at lunch. Fall and winter, Nordic Trac
Old 10-02-04, 02:10 PM
Jean Beetham Smith 
Slow Moving Vehicle

Bikes: Felt F-70, Terry Madeleine, Novara Safari fully customized by me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Please tell us your age. I turned 57 last spring.

1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride? A 1982 Ross GranTour for shopping & errands (I won't cry as much if it gets stolen), a 1999 Terry Flora for year round wet but no ice rides, a 2003 Terry Col de la Madeleine for good weather, and a 2000 Specialized Rockhopper WSD with disc brakes & studded tires for winter commuting.
2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older? We will skip the store on estrogen, that is probably more than anyone wants to know. I am osteopenic and should be taking Fosamax, but you have to stay upright for 30 minutes without coffee after you take it. After falling asleep after taking it, I've been scared to take it again. So calcium is my daily quest either as food or supplement. So far, most of the evidence coming back is saying that tablets of most vitamins do not give the benefit of food derived vitamins so while I continue to take a multi-vitamin, Folic acid, vitamin E, and caltrate, I eat a lot of dairy products.
3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any? I feel like I'm balancing my "slow down" by my biking, but I'm also aware that when I was younger I would have been getting faster as well as fitter. I'm willing to settle for fitter.
4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life? I grew up on a farm so there was a shortage of pavement then. I started riding a lot when I went to college and loved it, then got out of it as family responsibilities took over. After a HBC while running I tried biking again in the 80's but couldn't find a comfortable bike and dropped it again. Finally got my Terry and have been happily riding since.
Most of my milage comes as commuting, with a few long rides each season (50-70miles), and a few family rides. My retirement goal is to do some touring.
6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage? Last year 3,314 miles, with 2 kids getting married this past summer I'm expecting about 2800 this year.
The only weight lifting I do is work related: hauling bags & cases of dog food & kitty litter up and down stairs, picking up reluctant dogs etc. We used to do Tai Chi, but our son & daughter in law are likely to visit at the time of the class so we have dropped that.
see top
Old 10-02-04, 04:09 PM
Adgooroo

Bikes: 531 steel frame Peugeot (20 yrs old) and 2005 Tommaso AS2

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
51 yrs. old

I have two bikes - in Indiana I ride a 20+ year old Peugeot set up as a quasi tri-bike - Dave Scott handlebars - if anyone remembers them. I treated myself to a new Tommaso AS2 a month ago to use when we're at our place in Florida - great value in an aluminum frame w/Ultegra components and carbon-fiber stem, seatpost, fork and bars. ($1000, 17.5 lbs)

I take a store brand multi-vitamin daily.

Tough to say - maybe a mile per hour average speed. I am probably more serious about time trials, etc. now than I was many years ago when the bike was also transportation.

Biked all my life - can remember every bike I have owned. Once sold my college dorm contract to have enough money to buy a Cinelli. Had to sleep in study lounges and w/friends for three months, but it was worth it.

I have an informal time trial loop in my neighborhood - relatively flat residential streets in good condition, average ride is 20-25 miles. I'm constantly watching time, average speed, etc.

3-5 times a week.

I work out at Y - general cardiovascular; swim distance, kayak, cross-country ski (when conditions permit).

51 yrs. old.
Old 10-02-04, 08:41 PM
RickA

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
One Burley Canto Recumbent
One Treck Liquid 30
Adding a road bike to my stable of rides next year

Liquid Joint Care (Glucosamine, Condroitin, and MSM), my knees best friend,
I use vitamin suppliments as well.

I feel pretty good, endurance is improving. Plan to use a Mag trainier during our long winter.

I biked all my life until a Doctor told me to back off biking in 1982. I took it up again in 2003. Trying to make up for lost time.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides.
I ride regularly, 15 miles weeknites, and 22 to 38 miles Sat, and again on Sun. Working on 50 mile, and ultimately 100 mile day.

Sat, Sun, and two or more times a week. Goal for 2004 is 1000 miles. I am at 850 miles now between
Bent and MTB

Perhaps you might indicate your age on your reply?? I am a 60 year old kid
Old 10-03-04, 10:48 PM
megaman
Approaching Nirvana

Bikes: Catrike Expedition

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Okay.

Please tell us your age.

EZ Sport

Cosamin DS, Fish Oil, daily vitamin

Only at the beginning of the season

Other than when I was a kid, about 7 years

I love rail-trails, but not general multi use trails and I will ride all day on my days off.

Usually once or twice a week. A good year is about 1000 miles for me.

Gosh no, I'm on my feet and on the move all day long at work. I do a lot of lifting with my job too.

Old 10-04-04, 07:26 AM
quickKarl
zugig

Bikes: Orbea Orca, Rocky MT Cross, BMC Pro,

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Turned 50 last Feb. I weighed 205 and im 5'7", a little too much. My brother in law has been riding for awhile and lost 40 lbs. This past summer i decided to lose some weight, thought id try biking. I like camping, canoeing, fishing and hiking, so i decided to try mountain biking,(keep me in the woods). Got my Ibex Apogee Sport last July, been riding a local trail 2 twice a week and riding a singletrack at Kickapoo State Park almost every weekend since. The singletrack is almost 10 miles long. Now I'm at 185 and dont winded as soon as i used to. I take a multi-vit, no spec reason, and i play racquetball twice a week during the short daylight months.
quickkarl
Old 10-04-04, 11:03 AM
Bob Simpson

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just turned 56.

1. Type of bikes?
Devinci (Made in Quebec, Canada) Aluminum frame Carbon Fibre fork, Dura-Ace
Specialized Stump Jumper
Marinoni track bike 1985 vintage

2. Supplements/vitamins/minerals?
Multi Vitamin, Vitamin B-12, glucosamine and Calcium. I have an allergy to milk protein and need to get my calcium with Tums.

I started racing when I was 16 and stopped when I was 53. My forte was always sprinting and when I was 45, I convincingly won a race (criterium with many sprints – this would never have happened in a hilly race ) against the guys in the 30 – 39 age group. Certainly around age 50, I started to feel a decline in strength, but around 48, I had stared to suffer from sciatica (for a few years, I thought it was just leg cramps from starting my heavier effort sprint training) and so cut back my training regimen.

4. How long have you been biking?
I rode my bike everywhere since the age of about 14, then raced for 37 years after the age of 16.

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides, tour, race?
While I was racing, I only trained and raced with very little longer, slower touring. After retiring from racing, I’ve just commuted (about 16 km/10 miles each way) since my back can’t take hard efforts or long time in the saddle.

About 3 times a week and 3,200 km or 2,000 miles per year.

7. Other type of physical activities?
Long walks with our dogs (miniature poodles).

My biggest achievement was winning the Fitchburg (Mass) Longsjo race in 1968 which was the second biggest race in the east coast at the time, after Somerville. I always enjoyed the competition and comradery, but lacked the drive to get into the bigger leagues. There wasn’t much opportunity back in the 60s and 70s.

Certainly racing kept me fit and very active over a very long time and I’ve found that cutting way back has been a bit depressing. I need to find some other enjoyable activity that doesn’t stress my body so much. Age graded racing was a lot of fun since it gave people with similar abilities and goals a chance to race together.

Last edited by Bob Simpson; 10-18-04 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-05-04, 10:58 AM
featherzz2u

Bikes: Biria and husband has a raleigh

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi, I am new here and joined specifically because of the 50+ forum. I just turned 50.

1. I just purchased a Biria
2. None
3. I used to ride horses (never bikes). I noticed one day when I was walking the dog that I barely cleared a ditch when I jumped it. My body just didn't seem to have the strentgh it once had. I was around 43. I also noticed that I was starting to protect my body/bones without even realizing it. I would automatically take the less steep paths etc. Going down a steep gravel driveway had me flustered for the first time in my life! I stepped over to the grassy side and walked down the hill instead of the slippery gravel. Then the next year I noticed floaters in my eyes and had to get glasses....bifocals at that and had a stigma to boot!!

GOLLY JEEPERS I was getting old and lets not discuss how my hands had turned into my mothers hands overnight. I also noticed sunlight was no longer my friend where face wrinkles are concerned and now I try to stand in the shadows so they will not be quite so pronounced.

YES! I like this forum, my husband and I laugh all time about our new aches and pains and have decided to ease on through the golden years with as much dignity and grace as we can muster. Has anyone else noticed how the short the days are?, and why can't I get everything done on my to-do list anymore?
4. Never biked, but I rode horses.
5. We just bought a used motor home and the bikes will go on the back to sight see with.
6. Don't know yet.
7. We have three terraces on our property and I am constantly going up and down to care for my exotic parrots, the dog and gardening. Indoors I do Michael thurmond and the ab-doer, we also like yoga.

Rainie
Old 10-05-04, 11:54 AM
Batman2004
Topgun's Dad

Bikes: Trek 7700, Yokota Urbanite

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I ride a Trek 7700 hybrid.

Not taking anything right now. Had my knees replaced and prior to that had to take alot of different meds and glucosamine etc.

I know I've slowed down , but haven't compared myself to younger guys. I pace myself as to what I think I can do and maybe a little extra.

I've always ridden a bike, but not on a serious basis until recently. I'm still building my stamina.

I haven't done any organized rides. I usually ride 10 miles every couple days and will extend that soon.

About 500 miles a year.

I play tennis too. But I've cut back on that since my knee replacements. Too much impact. The bike is perfect exercise for my situation.

I'm 58.
Old 10-05-04, 01:59 PM
Bokkie
Jubalayo Unogwaja!

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've only got time to answer question 1.

Cannondale Gemini 1000 (Black, SRAM XO).

The best looking bike and the best bike in the world. The rest of you are riding mouse farts when compared to mine. You need to change your bikes.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.