Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Indoor cycling apps subscription options

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-23, 01:25 PM
Ella Per

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Recently I read some discussions on the Zwift Hub price increase by 100 EUR and that basically now you get an indoor trainer with a year of subscription for an extra 100EUR. That made me thinking generally of the subscription offers and what really is worth it. A year for 100EUR sounds great (except you can only have it with the purchase of the trainer), but I think that offer for 6months like Rouvy offers, is a bit better.
What do you think about yearly subscriptions of indoor cycling apps? Do you use the trainer during the summer or you better prefer more expensive payments per month but staying flexible and out for the summer months?
Old 10-01-23, 06:24 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
I do not use trainer SW during the summer months. in fact today is the first day i've been on the trainer. i started using indivelo for the first time. so far so good. anyway, if you are inclined to use your trainer during the entire year then yearly subscription is very economical. for the off change that i need to use the traienr due to smoke or rain or what not then i've jumped onto RGT and now indivelo. i have my own SW to use also, not as nice but will work in a pinch.

regarding econimics...i don't like to subscribe to more than one of these platforms becasue of affordability. have been using rouvy but sort of miss the other riders that zwift has. zwift does monthly and that is what i had done in th epast. i generally go about 6-7 mos depending on weather. octobor 1 today, crappy weather but still not ready to give up on out door riding just yet.
Old 10-02-23, 04:54 AM
PeteHski

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 4415 Post(s)
Liked 4,867 Times in 3,012 Posts
I generally prefer discounted annual subs, but Zwift doesn’t have that option without buying their hardware. However I do quite like how you can temporarily pause your Zwift monthly sub. I do that sometimes when using other Apps like Rouvy. But if Zwift had an annual option that was significantly cheaper than monthly I would probably take it. I’ve always chosen annual subs for other Apps like Rouvy and Wahoo SYSTM. They save a lot over monthly, but I train indoor all year round.
Old 10-02-23, 04:56 AM
nicocyclo

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 5 Posts
  1. Rouvy:
    • Subscription: Pricing varies based on subscription plan (e.g., $12.99 per month for Rouvy Workouts, other plans available)
    • Features: Real video routes, augmented reality courses, group rides, and training plans.
      Personal opinion, best price for what you get.
  2. Peloton Digital:
    • Subscription: $12.99 per month (for app access only, without the Peloton bike)
    • Features: Access to on-demand classes (cycling, running, strength, yoga, etc.), progress tracking, and a variety of workout options.
  3. Zwift:
    • Subscription: $14.99 per month
    • Features: Virtual cycling with interactive courses, group rides, races, training plans, and integration with smart trainers and devices.
  4. TrainerRoad:
    • Subscription: Various plans (e.g., $12.99 per month for the base plan, other plans available)
    • Features: Structured training plans, analytics, performance tracking, and integration with power meters and smart trainers.
  5. RGT Cycling:
    • Subscription: Free tier available, with in-app purchases for additional features; paid plans start at $14.99 per month.
    • Features: Realistic 3D environments, group rides, races, and training plans.
  6. Sufferfest:
    • Subscription: $14.99 per month (or $129 per year)
    • Features: Structured workouts, training plans, yoga for cyclists, mental training, and integration with smart trainers.
  7. Echelon Fit:
    • Subscription: Varies based on membership type (e.g., Echelon United Membership at $39.99 per month, FitPass Membership at $11.99 per month)
    • Features: Live and on-demand classes, virtual rides, and a variety of workouts.
Likes For nicocyclo:
Old 10-02-23, 06:48 AM
PeteHski

Originally Posted by nicocyclo
  1. Rouvy:
    • Subscription: Pricing varies based on subscription plan (e.g., $12.99 per month for Rouvy Workouts, other plans available)
    • Features: Real video routes, augmented reality courses, group rides, and training plans.
  2. Peloton Digital:
    • Subscription: $12.99 per month (for app access only, without the Peloton bike)
    • Features: Access to on-demand classes (cycling, running, strength, yoga, etc.), progress tracking, and a variety of workout options.
  3. Zwift:
    • Features: Virtual cycling with interactive courses, group rides, races, training plans, and integration with smart trainers and devices.
  4. TrainerRoad:
    • Subscription: Various plans (e.g., $12.99 per month for the base plan, other plans available)
    • Features: Structured training plans, analytics, performance tracking, and integration with power meters and smart trainers.
  5. RGT Cycling:
    • Subscription: Free tier available, with in-app purchases for additional features; paid plans start at $14.99 per month.
  6. Sufferfest:
    • Features: Structured workouts, training plans, yoga for cyclists, mental training, and integration with smart trainers.
  7. Echelon Fit:
    • Subscription: Varies based on membership type (e.g., Echelon United Membership at $39.99 per month, FitPass Membership at $11.99 per month)
    • Features: Live and on-demand classes, virtual rides, and a variety of workouts.
This cut and paste spiel is not even up to date.
Old 10-02-23, 02:35 PM
Black wallnut 

Bikes: Schwinn Broadway, Specialized Secteur Sport(crashed) Spec. Roubaix Sport, Spec. Crux

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked 169 Times in 84 Posts
  1. Rouvy:
  2. Peloton Digital:
  3. Zwift:
  4. TrainerRoad:
  5. RGT Cycling:
  6. Sufferfest:
  7. Echelon Fit:
Second time you have posted this, what's up with that? Guessing it is some plagiarism going on.

OP If you are in the market for a smart trainer even with the higher cost it's a good deal. You get a year of Zwift at a substantial discount. I this year used my subscription through June, cancelled early June. Then September had a cold and nasty weather week so I re-subscribed early. The HUB has been a good trainer for me. Firmwear updates have been rather infrequent and accomplished quickly. The trainer has worked fine with Wahoo SYSTM and Zwift.
Old 10-04-23, 07:38 PM
tempocyclist

Bikes: 2002 Trek 5200 (US POSTAL), 2020 Canyon Aeroad SL

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 313 Post(s)
Liked 682 Times in 328 Posts
  1. .. Pointless rubbish ...
Damn that information is SO far out of date. The Sufferfest hasn't been a standalone (non-Wahoo) product since 2019!
Old 10-09-23, 05:31 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked 305 Times in 217 Posts
Zwift no longer has "pausing" your account, ie temporarily suspending payment a month at a time. But you can cancel and then rejoin at any time and your info is still there. So, same as pausing but a few more clicks to do and more to rejoin.
Old 10-09-23, 12:33 PM
PeteHski

Originally Posted by jpescatore
Zwift no longer has "pausing" your account, ie temporarily suspending payment a month at a time. But you can cancel and then rejoin at any time and your info is still there. So, same as pausing but a few more clicks to do and more to rejoin.
That’s interesting. They are obviously hoping people won’t bother to cancel for a few months at a time. I wish they would just offer a discounted annual sub like most other Apps do.
Old 10-11-23, 04:14 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 365 Post(s)
Liked 305 Times in 217 Posts
Zwift seems like a pretty good value to me - reliable, enough existing options to be fun and useful, enough new stuff added over each year to stay fun, etc.

But, if something cheaper got as good I'd easily switch. I've tried most of them, doesn't yet seem to be the case.
Old 10-11-23, 07:55 AM
PeteHski

Originally Posted by jpescatore
zwift seems like a pretty good value to me
+1
Old 10-19-23, 07:31 AM
Ella Per

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks all for the thoughts and tips. Indeed going for a year subscription saves you money but only if you ride all-year long, but I usually don't ride the trainer during the summer months, even though I know it is effective to have at least some training hours on the trainer during the summer.
Nevertheless, I decided to go with Rouvy this year as they just recently introduced the new subscription plans for "family". I got couple of friends and we created a group of 5 to have monthly sub for 32.99 EUR = 6.6EUR/person. Quite a good deal for that app. Will see how satisfied I am.
Old 10-21-23, 09:41 PM
blakcloud

Quoted: 608 Post(s)
Liked 352 Times in 225 Posts
Just to add a data point for those who pull up this thread, I use the Tacx cycling app and I use it all year round. Smoke and traffic are the main reasons I cycle indoors now.
Likes For blakcloud:
Old 10-22-23, 01:04 PM
mruane1953

Bikes: CADD 10, Madone, Domane

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by blakcloud
Just to add a data point for those who pull up this thread, I use the Tacx cycling app and I use it all year round. Smoke and traffic are the main reasons I cycle indoors now.
I am currently about one week into a TACX free trial and I have found it to be well above my expectations. I recently moved from Florida to Chester County PA and my initial motivation was to deal with the upcoming winter months. To my surprise I think I can actually see myself using this year round. The convenience of just getting on the trainer and not having to deal with traffic has been a real eye opener

Mike
Old 10-22-23, 06:42 PM
macattack71

Bikes: 2011 Cannondale SuperSix 3, 1987 Raleigh Technium 440

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 16 Posts
I just reactivated my Zwift account for the fall/winter season. 14.99.mo, haven't used it in a couple of years. I also have a free peloton app membership thru my insurance. I find the peloton instructors super-annoying, but the programs make you work. I'll cancel Zwift in March, as I can barely tolerate 45min-1hr on the trainer anyways. Maybe I get a smart trainer this year and it becomes more palatable, as I only have a Jet Fluid Pro circa 2011.
Old 10-22-23, 06:46 PM
spelger

Bikes: yes, i have one

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1138 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 687 Posts
Originally Posted by macattack71
I just reactivated my Zwift account for the fall/winter season. 14.99.mo, haven't used it in a couple of years. I also have a free peloton app membership thru my insurance. I find the peloton instructors super-annoying, but the programs make you work. I'll cancel Zwift in March, as I can barely tolerate 45min-1hr on the trainer anyways. Maybe I get a smart trainer this year and it becomes more palatable, as I only have a Jet Fluid Pro circa 2011.
fyi...

https://www.bikeforums.net/indoor-st...t-hub-psa.html