Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

50th Anniversary Paramount

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-19, 12:01 PM
Ninetimes

Bikes: Many

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Kactus
That '74 is beautiful but the decals are wrong for that year; it shouldn't have the Olympic Rings decal on the seat post.
I find that interesting. Here's a photo of a 1972 from a compilation of catalogs I have. When you go to 1974, the Olympic Rings decal is no longer on this model and some others. Then, I don't know how accurate this compilation of catalogs is?

Then his listing states:

PAINT/ DECAL: WATERFORD BICYCLE REFURBISHED FRAME AND FORK WITH INSIDE TUBE CLEAN FRAME SAVER.NEW ORIGINAL FLAMBOYANT RED PAINT AND PERIOD CORRECT DECALS.CHROME: FRONT FORK CHROME VERY GOOD / REAR SEAT AND CHAINSTAYS GOOD CONDITIONTHEY DID A SUPERB JOB.

I'll probably contact him and ask the question. Again interesting and now a mystery. Thanks for pointing that out.

1972 Below basis catalog:

Old 09-21-19, 02:58 PM
Kactus

Bikes: 1962 Schwinn Paramount P12, 1971 Schwinn Paramount P13-9

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Ninetimes
I find that interesting. Here's a photo of a 1972 from a compilation of catalogs I have. When you go to 1974, the Olympic Rings decal is no longer on this model and some others. Then, I don't know how accurate this compilation of catalogs is?

Then his listing states:

PAINT/ DECAL: WATERFORD BICYCLE REFURBISHED FRAME AND FORK WITH INSIDE TUBE CLEAN FRAME SAVER.NEW ORIGINAL FLAMBOYANT RED PAINT AND PERIOD CORRECT DECALS.CHROME: FRONT FORK CHROME VERY GOOD / REAR SEAT AND CHAINSTAYS GOOD CONDITIONTHEY DID A SUPERB JOB.

I'll probably contact him and ask the question. Again interesting and now a mystery. Thanks for pointing that out.

1972 Below basis catalog:

The deletion of the Olympic Rings decal happened sometime during the 1973 production; some 73's have them, some don't.