Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Christmas

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-23, 10:24 AM
13ollocks

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 155 Times in 95 Posts
Originally Posted by gringomojado
Is there a Merry Christmas thread yet?

gm
super chill Xmas Day -got a chilly but sunny 36 miles in early - almost no traffic of course - brunch with the missus and grown-up kids. Got excellent Indian takeout for dinner, went to see Ferrari in the evening. Couple of beers when we got home. Thoroughly drama-free 👍
Old 12-26-23, 11:45 AM
Alan K

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 472 Post(s)
Liked 333 Times in 259 Posts
No White Christmas here.
No snow, only fog and drizzle - not very conducive to bicycling- managed only an hour on a bike.

Christmas Eve- not the ideal weather for bicycling.
Likes For Alan K:
Old 12-26-23, 01:56 PM
skidder
Pennylane Splitter

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1807 Post(s)
Liked 1,446 Times in 995 Posts
Did about 30 miles starting at around zero-dark-thirty in the morning when there was practically NO cars on the roads, transitioned to the local MUP when the first light of dawn popped up, and rolled by the beach to see if any people around (very few) or any big waves (none, but predicted for later this week). I did watch a movie in the afternoon, "Fury" with Brad Pitt and Michael Pena (decent watch, nothing noteworthy). No drama the rest of the day as we had a family get-together on Saturday. Sunny all day, too, high of about 70F; just another reason to live in Southern California.
Likes For skidder:
Old 12-30-23, 07:27 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18424 Post(s)
Liked 15,582 Times in 7,337 Posts
I got a really cool gift from my bartender friend. A custom cookie cutter made from a photo of my cat. Had to try it out this morning.

Likes For indyfabz:
Old 12-30-23, 08:58 PM
2002menace

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Now you can pretend to devour your cat and really send a message next time they knock something over
Likes For 2002menace:
Old 12-30-23, 09:50 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18424 Post(s)
Liked 15,582 Times in 7,337 Posts
Originally Posted by 2002menace
Now you can pretend to devour your cat and really send a message next time they knock something over
When I brought the cutter home, I showed it to him at face level. He clearly recognized it as cat-shaped. He was wary and approached it slowly while meowing and seeming confused. Wish I could have recorded the interaction.
Likes For indyfabz: