Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Are organized bike trips worth the cost?

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Are organized bike trips worth the cost?

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-24, 09:41 AM
wheelreason

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 505 Post(s)
Liked 638 Times in 377 Posts
"Worth The Cost" is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 01-25-24, 03:38 PM
Lamont Cobb

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 35 Posts
When considering the expense, consider the reality of the service provider: insurance, marketing, rent, taxes, miscellaneous expenses. etc., etc. None of that stuff is free.
Old 01-25-24, 08:11 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18424 Post(s)
Liked 15,582 Times in 7,337 Posts
Originally Posted by Lamont Cobb
When considering the expense, consider the reality of the service provider: insurance, marketing, rent, taxes, miscellaneous expenses. etc., etc. None of that stuff is free.
Why a provider charges what it does doesn’t really factor into whether the cost is worth it to me. I am well aware of the costs that need to be covered and that a profit needs to be made, but that doesn’t influence my personal decision of worth.

IIRC, my first Cycle Oregon was $750 in 2002. Why they were charging that amount, and how much profit, in any, it was making. didn’t influence my decision to participate. To me, $750 was worth it to be provided with all the amenities offered while riding across the entire state. Never once regretted it.

Last edited by indyfabz; 01-25-24 at 08:21 PM.
Old 01-25-24, 08:27 PM
Atlas Shrugged

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1248 Post(s)
Liked 1,323 Times in 674 Posts
This silly question can apply every aspect in life but it began as an interesting discussion about individuals perspectives then petered out quickly. The same question could be asked about being homeless or is stable housing worth the cost? The fact that the op had their mind made up entering into the discussion is typical of these forums.

Last edited by Atlas Shrugged; 01-25-24 at 11:36 PM.