Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Folding Bikes
Reload this Page >

My 2011 Citzen Tokyo Flamingo Folding Bike

Search
Notices
Folding Bikes Discuss the unique features and issues of folding bikes. Also a great place to learn what folding bike will work best for your needs.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-11, 03:25 PM
Akarli

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I love my bike! I haven't ride a bike since highschool and that seems like so long ago. I purchased this bike on June 11th and they shipped it out on the 14th. It took few days to process because I am from Canada and they couldn't reach me for some reason. Ones that went through, I got the bike in 2 days! if you buy it and ship to the US, it would be cheap and it is under 200. I have to pay $102 for S&H as well as the tax which cost me 65 CAD. So my total would have been around 354 CAD for the bike and the upgraded seat.

The Flamingo looked pinksih on the website but mine looks more like a light orange. Like what other people said before. The quality is what you paid for and it's a very good beginner folding bike. It is very easy to assemble. I just made a mistake when I put the handle bars up and got the wire tangled, which made the break tighten the front wheel. After that was fixed, the bike was as good as it says it should be.

Like other people say, the paint job was good but the colour can come off if you scratch it or get hit by seomthing. When I let the handle bar down, it hit the middle section of the bike, and it created two scretch marks. During the deliever it also cost one scretch mark on the bar near the wheel. It's not huge and I can always put something over it.

The bike is perfect size for me since I am only 5'1 and half. It is heavy but it's not that bad that it will break my back. I will need more time to fold the bike in half but that could also be the case that it is new.

I took the bike for a spin around my block. It was awesome! I love it! It's not like what other people say about how slow it is. Maybe that's the upgrade they did? To me, I feel fine with the speed. It's so easy to pedal and I don't feel like I have to put too much force to it. I just used 1, 2 and 3 gears. I also upgrade my seat to the gel seat from the Citzen company. It's ok and it doesn't hurt my butt. I will have to ride some more later to see its full protential. So far so good!

Cheers!
Akarli
Old 06-19-11, 05:26 PM
Geeeyejo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Good luck with your new bike! I'm really looking forward to receiving mine on 6/21 and will compare notes upon receipt and testing.
Old 06-19-11, 06:34 PM
ccsdc83

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Glad to see another happy customer. I ordered a Gotham 1 on 6/13 and have been waiting since then to get mine. I am in the 3-4 day range so thought it would only take them a few days to send it up northeast. They sent e-mails out to a few of us explaining how busy they were and shipping is backed up.

I can't wait to get mine HOPEFULLY this week. Going to take it for a 15-20 mile ride first day if not more. My model is just a 1-speed so it's more for cruising around between towns here and taking it on trips to the beach and vacation places.
Old 06-19-11, 08:47 PM
Akarli

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Geeeyejo
Good luck with your new bike! I'm really looking forward to receiving mine on 6/21 and will compare notes upon receipt and testing.
You might get it tomorrow. Mine came a day early! Wish you luck!!