Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

2013-2015 Cannondale CAAD 10 Downtube cable stop/guide

Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Old 01-14-20, 10:05 PM
gaidensensei

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Bike forum, I'm having a problem locate replacement cable stops for a 2015 Cannondale caad 10 frame, which came without them. I've asked around a few spare parts suppliers and nobody seems to know the replacement part spare model.

Hopefully someone here has some ideas, I'd hate to have to rely on zip ties and looking for some better suggestions.

Attached pictures below of similar models with these parts on. Any ideas?

​​​​​​
​​

Old 01-15-20, 09:26 AM
HillRider

Bikes: '96 Litespeed Catalyst, '05 Litespeed Firenze, '06 Litespeed Tuscany, '20 Surly Midnight Special, All are 3x10. It is hilly around here!

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quoted: 2026 Post(s)
Liked 1,095 Times in 741 Posts
Have you tried contacting Cannondale? Maybe they can provide them.

Otherwise, get a pair of the bolt-on cable stops that used to accompany every aftermarket set of Shimano STI brifters. Drill out the stops to 3/16" to clear a #10-32 bolt. Get a 3" or 4" long #10-32 bolt and pass it through one drilled out cable stop, through the existing holes in both sides of the frame and out through the other cable stop. Thread a nut firmly onto the end of the bolt, Locktite it in place and cut off any excess bolt length and file it smooth.

I did pretty much that procedure to salvage a late 1990's Klein aluminum frame whose bonded OEM cable stop broke off and the bike is still in service.
Old 01-15-20, 09:39 AM
Crankycrank

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 836 Post(s)
Liked 1,058 Times in 742 Posts
After doing a short search I find it very odd that Cannondale, or anybody else, don't have these parts available for your 10 but do have them for the CAAD 12 & 13. Try contacting Cannondale directly. They may offer some help. I would hope that they haven't cut off support for your frame already as this was a very popular model.
Old 01-24-20, 10:28 PM
gaidensensei

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks all for the suggestions. After no luck from cannondale experts and cannondale spares, I went back and checked cannondale directly.
They told me to order a few parts which should be available for order at any dealer:

48-50cm frames: KP063 for the hole on the head tube that exits into the rear brake mount
52-63cm frames: KP193 for the same above.

KP269 for the brake stops on the down tube. I believe it's one per package so you need two.
apparently the KP269 is also the same thing for the Supersix Evo, Synapse, and possibly others as well.

I found on weight weenies that someone tried KP193 with KP224 and both seemed to be the exact same item.
Waiting on my parts to come and I'll update the thread with confirmation.
Old 12-24-20, 05:17 PM
Burt36

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I too am in need of the shifter cable guides. I do have the rear guide. The parts diagrams do not have part numbers for the shifter guides.

i am considering buying aluminum rod and bar stock to make my own.

any luck finding the guides?

Burt
Old 12-24-20, 11:39 PM
gaidensensei

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Burt36
I too am in need of the shifter cable guides. I do have the rear guide. The parts diagrams do not have part numbers for the shifter guides.

i am considering buying aluminum rod and bar stock to make my own.

any luck finding the guides?

Burt
I ended up buying the Cannondale CAAD13 cable stops and it fit for the CAAD10 pictured in the original topic. None of the other previously mentioned parts worked.

For the CAAD13 cable stops, it's not fully flush, there's a bit of a small angle out after screwing it in, but it works. The part number is K32140 (Caad13 Cable Stay, Chain)
and you'll need three of them if you are putting on the same CAAD10 as me - two for the downtube sides, one for the chainstay. The "flat" screw in piece is useless and you will only be using the stop. So far have been using them for the past year with no problems in heavy shifting. Cheers

Last edited by gaidensensei; 12-24-20 at 11:42 PM.