Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Medici Pro Strada Value? Worth Restoring?

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Medici Pro Strada Value? Worth Restoring?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-20, 07:32 AM
VS3

Bikes: Medici Pro Strada, Aventon Cordoba, Trek Verve2, State Bicycle Pardi Boi

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Kabuki12
I am a fan of 28's . I have a set of 28c Bontrager AW 2 I like on my Windsor Pro. I am running 25c on my Medici , some Bontrager Race Lite tires that were "take offs" that I purchased for $20 from a guy who didn't want them. They are awesome , but I would prefer 28's , but for the price , I figured they would be good. I don't take my Medici on gravel or dirt. The Panaracer tires are good too, they offer some nice comfy tires that are reasonably priced. I have found them to be easy to mount and seat. You are going to run clinchers?
In my opinion, a cyclist can't go wrong with any tires or rims by Bontrager. They make great products. I too prefer at least 28's. This Medici will only be on the road and bike paths. I was looking at Panaracer's last night but am leaning toward some Continental's at the moment. Yes, I will also more than likely go with some clinchers.
Old 05-08-20, 04:47 PM
Chombi1 

Mentioned: 102 Post(s)
Quoted: 1635 Post(s)
Liked 824 Times in 533 Posts
Originally Posted by VS3
Thanks for the info! How can you tell the chainring is Mavic SSC? I can only find Mavic on the arms. You also are saying these Scott Superbrakes are worth some $$$ ? I am still learning and familiar with some parts but never heard of these brakes. Again, thanks for the info.
Mavic SSC chainrings on Mavic 630 SSC cranksets were dark bronze/grey anodized. They had "SSC" silk screened on them but those usuall flaked off really easy, so it is common to see them without the silk screening.
Likes For Chombi1:
Old 05-08-20, 06:09 PM
VS3

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Chombi1
Mavic SSC chainrings on Mavic 630 SSC cranksets were dark bronze/grey anodized. They had "SSC" silk screened on them but those usuall flaked off really easy, so it is common to see them without the silk screening.
That would explain it. Thanks. They look like the 630's I've seen but thought the SSC was maybe stamped. And correct also about the Superbrake's being worth serious $$. I can sale them alone and have almost half the money for a Wabi Special. LOL
Old 05-11-20, 04:25 PM
steve sumner

Bikes: '68 Masi Special road, Grail bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 58 Posts
the Scott brakes are quite rare and have a high coolness factor.
that being said they are also quite ugly and only look "right" on
a time trial funny bike
Old 05-11-20, 04:33 PM
VS3

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by steve sumner
the Scott brakes are quite rare and have a high coolness factor.
that being said they are also quite ugly and only look "right" on
a time trial funny bike
LOL, I absolutely agree. Whenever I get vintage Campagnolo's to replace them, they'll definitely be removed and possibly sold.
Old 05-17-20, 06:52 PM
aprieto28

Bikes: Kuwahara Tandem, Centurion Ironman, Rossin, De bernardi, Schwinn Paramount, Giubilato, Gitane TDF, Medici, Scott Solice.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 20 Posts
Medici

$200 is great deal. It looks pretty clean. I'd ride it as is. I owned 2 before. I bought this frame on Ebay and had it painted. I'm not sure how Im going to build it. Old school or modern components.
Old 05-17-20, 07:21 PM
VS3

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by aprieto28
$200 is great deal. It looks pretty clean. I'd ride it as is. I owned 2 before. I bought this frame on Ebay and had it painted. I'm not sure how Im going to build it. Old school or modern components.
Thanks! Sweet looking frame you have. I'm a little jealous you have the matching pump. LOL I also know the struggle of your tough decision. I even thought of making mine a single speed.
Old 05-17-20, 08:25 PM
aprieto28

Bikes: Kuwahara Tandem, Centurion Ironman, Rossin, De bernardi, Schwinn Paramount, Giubilato, Gitane TDF, Medici, Scott Solice.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 40 Times in 20 Posts
1972 Gitane Tour De France.

I'm running this bike as a single speed current;y. I can't find a rear Simplex derailleur for it. It's got a matching pump too. LOL.
Old 05-17-20, 08:37 PM
VS3

Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by aprieto28
I'm running this bike as a single speed current;y. I can't find a rear Simplex derailleur for it. It's got a matching pump too. LOL.
Nice! And I don't really like you right now. LOL
Likes For VS3: