Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Gravity Liberty CX as Only Bike?

Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Old 07-11-14, 08:59 AM
09box

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I just sold my Bianchi road bike and I am strongly considering a Gravity Liberty CX as my only bike. I am on somewhat of a budget and it seems to be the best all around value. I know it is a lower end bike and Sora components but I have had Sora on a bike before and had no complaints about it. Does anyone here have a Gravity Liberty CX? Any feedback regarding it?
Old 07-11-14, 10:06 AM
NormanF

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
If you're considering an only bike, I'd go for the Gravity Zilla. The ability to put on fat tires and disc brakes are its best selling points.

You don't say what your budget is but its a good deal compared to all-rounders/adventure bikes/gravel grinder road bikes out there.
Old 07-11-14, 11:49 AM
09box

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Ideally, my budget is around $250 but it sounds like I got approval from the mrs. 09box to go up to maybe about $400..
Old 07-11-14, 11:56 AM
NormanF

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
If you can save up to $600, you have more choices. In your price range, I'd get a Marin Muirwoods 29er. Not a CX bike but it will be suitable for the gravel paths with wider tires...
Old 07-27-14, 01:07 PM
AlanKHG

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My girlfriend has used the Liberty CX as her all-round bike for the two years or so and has been very happy with it. It came with a busted-up rear wheel that Bikesdirect replaced. The only other problem is that the front derailleur isn't great at shifting into the big ring, but that could potentially be fixed by better tuning. Also, the stock saddle is crap, as stock saddles are wont to be. But otherwise the parts are all sensible enough, considering the price range.
Old 07-27-14, 01:49 PM
NormanF

Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Bike parts in general are inexpensive enough to upgrade. The only parts that cost $$$ are stem risers and groupset changes/upgrades.