Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Bought a Dahon folding bike

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-21, 10:33 PM
homeless in ca.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 41 Posts
Bought a Dahon folding bike

I saw this little folding bike and thought it would be neat to pack in my truck as a back up bike. But after riding it for a while the novelty kind of wore off. And I realized I can just as easily take the wheels off one of my beater bikes and stick it in my truck.

Anyway I checked online and I saw similar ones on eBay listed for several hundred dollars. It's pretty mint not a speck of rust and the tires look brand new. I put a picture of it in my gallery. It's under "miscellaneous" with all the other bikes I've been collecting.

I was going to sell the BMX I got for my daughter because it's still too big for her. I told her I would get her a new scooter instead but she said no deal. Even my ex wife thought the BMX was cool and is delighted we have this skate park thing going on. So I need to get some money to pay for these bikes.
Old 04-01-21, 10:35 AM
francophile 
PM me your cotters

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 1137 Post(s)
Liked 590 Times in 422 Posts
Link to gallery: https://www.bikeforums.net/g/picture/21015470

(My thoughts after the pic)

These tend to go in the $150-250 range in my market. Sometimes you can get them cheaper. Could be helpful to date it, but I don't know any info in this regard. eBay older versions look to be closing out in the range of $225-$425 shipped, some of those being $150 sales and $200 shipping.

Old 04-01-21, 06:23 PM
homeless in ca.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 41 Posts
Merci Franco,

I took some pictures outside but couldn't find any numbers to identify the bike. I saw a couple dozen of them on Kijiji Canada and prices are all over the place. But a vintage one with 3-speed I should be able to make rent this month. Going to sell it as is because why fix what ain't broke. I'd rather wrench on stuff I'm going to ride myself and I usually end up breaking something.

I let my kid ride it and almost started world war 3 when I had to make her choose which bike she can keep.
Likes For homeless in ca.: