Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Trek x-caliber rear wheel replacement query.

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-21, 03:48 AM
tiptaptrample

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi sorry for the bother it's the first time I've changed an entire wheel including disc break rotor, cassettes etc (got stolen) so I'd just like to make sure I am ordering the right parts, I am looking to just replace the wheel as close as I can to the original (the bike did me fine and never had any problems as a whole)

I think I got all the specs as close as I am gong to get but I just wondered if anyone can see any compatibility issues with what I'm getting before I order it.

Original parts relating:

Shimano Altus derailleur rear Shimano Acera M390 gears 27 shifter(s) Shimano Acera M390, 9 speed
Bontrager AT-650 32-hole double walled (rear)
Brakeset Shimano M355 hydraulic disc brakes (couldn't find the specs for the rotor in specific)

replacement parts
Bontrager AT-650 32-hole double-walled (rear)
Shimano CS-HG400 Alivio 9-Speed Cassette
Shimano SM-RT56 Disc brake rotor

With a added request I noticed the hub was quick release and lime green but when looking at the default disc wheel it doesn't seem the same if anyone has a hint to the brand.

Hope that's enough information and i've posted in the right place, thanks either way ^.^

Specs of my bike in specific
thebikelist.co.uk/trek/x-caliber-7-29-

Couldnt add a picture due to not making 10 posts sorry.
Old 04-06-21, 03:53 AM
tiptaptrample

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
X-Caliber 7 29" 2015 guess the model number would be helpful as well sorry
Old 04-06-21, 07:18 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4356 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
Your Local Bike Shop probably has the exact wheel you seek.
Old 04-07-21, 03:01 AM
tiptaptrample

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
Your Local Bike Shop probably has the exact wheel you seek.
Yeah just spoke to them after you said, they said it would be buying in parts and there having shipment issues with trek so there referring to go to trek directly for the Bontrager part but I found that exact part online anyway, the main thing to be honest is the cassette cause it seems you can't order that part anymore.
Old 04-07-21, 01:21 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4356 Post(s)
Liked 3,994 Times in 2,665 Posts
Originally Posted by tiptaptrample
Yeah just spoke to them after you said, they said it would be buying in parts and there having shipment issues with trek so there referring to go to trek directly for the Bontrager part but I found that exact part online anyway, the main thing to be honest is the cassette cause it seems you can't order that part anymore.
So the beauty of bicycles is you don't always need the same part in the case of a cassette as long as the gears are the same and same number of them on the correct free hub pattern (which in your case is going to be Shimano splined which is the most common) The wheel is just a low to mid level quick release 29er MTB wheel. Rotors are fairly universal so long as they are the same thickness and mount the same and are of the same size. Beyond that tires and tubes and rim strips just need to be something that works well for you or will fit the tire and the rim.

Parts are tough to get right now but if you have a more local bike shop that maybe isn't just a Trek dealer which can sometimes lead to more narrow help you might be able to grab something in stock.
Old 04-08-21, 05:55 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 2975 Post(s)
Liked 1,182 Times in 771 Posts
Either of these cassettes should work. And they are in stock.

https://www.jensonusa.com/Cassettes-...nSpeed=9+Speed