Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Soul Wheels

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Soul Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-11, 01:40 PM
M_FactorX19

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Soul Wheels

ok so this is not another whitch wheels thread! what i want to know is if anyone has ordered from Soul lately or at period and how did that go? How long did you have to wait? I placed an order for a set of wheels a while back and the wheels are done but he is waiting on boxes to ship the wheels in. He estamated 2 weeks till he would have boxes when i placed my order. its been 2 weeks now. he said he hasnt recived notice that they are on there way yet so he doesnt know when he will get them but expects them soon. I can wait a little longer but even if they shipped today it would be 2 weeks before i woud see them. anyways i know a few of you have Soul wheels so i wanted to hear what your experience was with them. i thought i read a thread on here a while back about people having to wait a very long time for them to get parts in or something i jsut wanted to know if thats what i was in for.
Old 01-10-11, 01:51 PM
Lectron
Made in Norway

Liked 18 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by M_FactorX19
ok so this is not another whitch wheels thread!

what i want to know is if anyone has ordered from Soul lately or at period and how did that go?

How long did you have to wait?

I placed an order for a set of wheels a while back and the wheels are done but he is waiting on boxes to ship the wheels in.

He estimated 2 weeks till he would have boxes when i placed my order. its been 2 weeks now.

He said he hasn't received notice that they are on there way yet so he doesn't know when he will get them but expects them soon.

I can wait a little longer but even if they shipped today it would be 2 weeks before i would see them.

Anyways i know a few of you have Soul wheels so i wanted to hear what your experience was with them.

I thought i read a thread on here a while back about people having to wait a very long
time for them to get parts in or something i just wanted to know if thats what i was in for.
fixed
Old 01-10-11, 01:57 PM
broerie
Spokey Robinson

Bikes: Merida Scultura 907

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
don't worry

be patient

great wheels in that prize range
Old 01-10-11, 02:00 PM
Steve90068

Bikes: Road - Lynskey. Mountain - Trek Fuel EX

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Dont worry, be patient. You will be very pleased with the wheels when you receive them
Old 01-10-11, 02:14 PM
AngryScientist 
Lost

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 113 Times in 45 Posts
i love my soul wheels, and i am a realistic man. when you order stuff from that far away, you can expect all manner of delays. it's winter, have a glass of red wine and mellow out, they'll get here for the spring riding season.
Old 01-10-11, 02:22 PM
Jandro 

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
ok so this is not another whitch wheels thread! what i want to know is if anyone has ordered from Soul lately or at period and how did that go? How long did you have to wait? I placed an order for a set of wheels a while back and the wheels are done but he is waiting on boxes to ship the wheels in. He estamated 2 weeks till he would have boxes when i placed my order. its been 2 weeks now. he said he hasnt recived notice that they are on there way yet so he doesnt know when he will get them but expects them soon. I can wait a little longer but even if they shipped today it would be 2 weeks before i woud see them. anyways i know a few of you have Soul wheels so i wanted to hear what your experience was with them. i thought i read a thread on here a while back about people having to wait a very long time for them to get parts in or something i jsut wanted to know if thats what i was in for.
Holy wall of text. Anyway:

I ordered a set of the 3.0SLs in November. Sean told me the wait list was approx 3 weeks and he was bang-on accurate. They were built in 3 weeks and shipped on Dec. 12th. Due to crazy weather and the holidays, it took roughly 3 weeks to get to my office on Jan 5.

Don't worry, Sean is a super solid guy. Great communication and amazing products and services. I couldn't be happier with my wheels - huge thumbs up to him!

Edit: pic for good measure:
Old 01-10-11, 02:24 PM
TassR700

Bikes: Lynskey R230, Gary Fisher Tassajara; Motobecane Boris Fatbike; Cannondale Habit

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
My S4.0's took about six weeks from order to receipt. This was in 2009 and 5000 miles later, they are still true and rolling great. They are well worth the wait. Sean was always upfront and honest in all my dealings with him.
Old 01-10-11, 02:31 PM
mazdatech10
master auto tech

Bikes: ,system six ss, , caad9 cross, supersix evo hm, giant omiuim

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I ha ve 4 sets of soul wheels and another set on the way, if sean said it would take this or that long its the truth. sean is a stand up guy, i chat with him almost every nite on skype. so don't worry about it. you will get your wheels.............
Old 01-10-11, 03:01 PM
M_FactorX19

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
yeah i wasnt worried that i wouldnt get them it was more the time it was going to take to get them. ill keep my fingers crossed they will ship this week anyways. thanks for all the replys
Old 01-10-11, 04:06 PM
Psimet2001 
I eat carbide.

Bikes: Lots. Van Dessel and Squid Dealer

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1325 Post(s)
Liked 1,306 Times in 560 Posts
Speaking from experience - it's not like having a set of wheels hanging around when a customer wants them is something that one strives to maintain. He'll get them shipped to you just as soon as he can. I hate to lump things under the "poop happens" umbrella but....you know what.....sometimes poop happens.

Although I am a "competitor" - I have never known Sean to not conduct himself professionally.

Old 01-10-11, 04:08 PM
sqharaway

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ok so this is not another whitch wheels thread!
Dear God!
Old 01-10-11, 05:34 PM
MajorMantra

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jandro
Sean told me the wait list was approx 3 weeks and he was bang-on accurate.
Same here. The main delay with my 3.0SLs was when they got stuck in customs (i.e., not Sean's fault) and I expect that was slow because it was right before Christmas. I only have one ride on them so far (57 miles) but they look good. Weight was about 30g over quoted (1430 for the set, according to my scales, I'm guessing that's +/- 5 or 10 grams) but that might be because they have a Campy freehub. Not sure - and I'm not complaining - I still think they're a bargain.
Old 01-10-11, 07:00 PM
heckler

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Worth it to wait for the funny box

Plus what is inside is always good. I remember there was some delay on something dumb for me too stickers or spokes or something. It is winter be patient

Old 01-10-11, 09:01 PM
M_FactorX19

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ok so i got an email from Sean earlier today. he said he would have boxes in 2 days and my wheels would ship out by Fri !!!! So yes everyone was right but i never doubted he wouldnt come threw just didnt know when that would be. So far he has been great to deal with. my only regrets are that i didnt go with the S3.0 SLs over the S2.0 SLs. Im sure once i get them that will go away though. I guess it will just give me a reason for some 50mm carbon wheels.

This is the first item i have ordered from over seas though so i do have some reservations on how that will go. how likely is it that they will get stuck in customs?
Old 01-10-11, 09:05 PM
M_FactorX19

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Heckler.. i had heard about the box before that is pretty funny. those wheels look really good! witch model are they? I seen a set of carbon wheels Sean made with gosted like decals (dark gray) and they look amazing! If these work out those might be the next set i get.
Old 01-10-11, 09:09 PM
Accordion

Bikes: 2011 Cannondale CAAD10

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Heckler.. i had heard about the box before that is pretty funny. those wheels look really good! witch model are they? I seen a set of carbon wheels Sean made with gosted like decals (dark gray) and they look amazing! If these work out those might be the next set i get.
Well, at least he's improving....
Old 01-10-11, 09:14 PM
brian416
Roadie

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 9 Posts
You shouldn't have any problems with customs. We've had 3 sets of wheels from Sean and have had no problems.

His ghosted graphics look awesome, the wheels look like they don't have any graphics unless they catch the light just right.
Old 01-10-11, 09:49 PM
kudude
slow up hills

Bikes: Giant TCR, Redline CX, Ritchey Breakaway, Spec S-works epic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mazdatech10
I ha ve 4 sets of soul wheels and another set on the way, if sean said it would take this or that long its the truth. sean is a stand up guy, i chat with him almost every nite on skype. so don't worry about it. you will get your wheels.............
o rly?
Old 01-10-11, 10:19 PM
heckler

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This was the first batch that didn't have the red on the decals I think. That might have been what I was waiting for. At the time my bike was yellow and black and I thought the red would look funny. Of course the following year I get a red/white/black bike, but the decals go with anything. They are S4.0s.

Old 01-11-11, 12:19 AM
JonnyUtah75

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Wow, love the ghosted graphics and the newer all white ones above. I have the old S4.0 decals that are red and white.

You guys know if either of those decals above are available? I'd love to switch them out.

Also, getting a new bike this week as well. Worth the upgrade to Mavic Cosmic Carbone SLs, or I wouldn't notice much of an improvement?
Old 01-11-11, 12:35 AM
alexvpaq

Bikes: A trek

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
they look awesome, I'm still wondering If I should get 3.0 or 4.0 ... UGH. Both are awesome,
s3.0 is lighter but s4.0 is nicer I Just don't know which one to pick LOL
Old 01-11-11, 07:57 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 2323 Post(s)
Liked 4,988 Times in 1,776 Posts
I hear you, I want to get one quality set of wheels but it's so hard to decide. I'm looking at Rob's work though. Going to do lots of mountains this year and want to get something suitable for that.
Old 01-11-11, 09:26 AM
novacoke

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alexvpaq
they look awesome, I'm still wondering If I should get 3.0 or 4.0 ... UGH. Both are awesome,
s3.0 is lighter but s4.0 is nicer I Just don't know which one to pick LOL
I've been debating myself which to get and I'll be putting an order in for the S4.0s this week. 40mm+ alu wheelsets aren't available in a lot of places... and I'm not much of a weight weenie (yet), so half a pound more don't concern me too much.
Old 01-11-11, 11:20 AM
guadzilla
Pointy Helmet Tribe

Bikes: R5, Allez Sprint, Shiv

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 295 Posts
Originally Posted by kudude
o rly?
Maybe Sean's got a malfunctioning Mazda?

I recently rode a 7-day stage event in South India featuring some really gnarly roads. I was on my Psimets, one guy was on a pair of Souls. Both our wheels survived the various potholes, cracks, bumps, etc. jes' fine.

Even though I am a Psimet Shill (ordered my 6th wheel from him today), those white Souls call my name.

V.
Old 01-11-11, 11:54 AM
alexvpaq

Bikes: A trek

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by novacoke
I've been debating myself which to get and I'll be putting an order in for the S4.0s this week. 40mm+ alu wheelsets aren't available in a lot of places... and I'm not much of a weight weenie (yet), so half a pound more don't concern me too much.
Yeah but I think I'll think I'll go for the s3.0 now, More money to spend on other stuff + Lighter wheels, shouldn't be bad either

And we got a ton of annoying hills so it might get useful to go for a lighter wheelset.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.