Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Dirty Kanza Training Camp

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-19, 11:55 AM
ohaithere

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dirty Kanza Training Camp

Hello all,

Thinking about putting down a deposit for the Dirty Kanza training camp. Has anyone out there attended in the past? Is it worth the money?

Thanks!
Old 10-23-19, 07:06 AM
biketampa
I don’t live in Tampa

Bikes: 2014 Jamis Ventura Race, 2014 Cervelo P2, 2017 Raleigh Tamland 1, 2015 Jamis Trail X

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 31 Posts
yeah that price seems a bit steep. so with that price it doesn't provide accommodations and you only get 3 meals and a lunch. I'm sure it's nice and all but that price seems high to me.
Old 10-24-19, 09:27 AM
shoota 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1872 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 468 Posts
Give me a $1000 bucks and I'll give you four days of training, lodging, and meals.
Old 10-24-19, 10:42 AM
tdilf

Bikes: Niner RLT RDO, Trek Remedy 9.8

Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 70 Posts
Originally Posted by ohaithere
Hello all,

Thinking about putting down a deposit for the Dirty Kanza training camp. Has anyone out there attended in the past? Is it worth the money?

Thanks!
Good question Ohaithere, I have not done this nor do I plan to but I don't think their pricing is that unreasonable.
Old 10-24-19, 06:40 PM
wheelsmcgee

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 33 Posts
I know a guy that did it last year. About 200 miles spread over 3 days of riding...they basically did the DK100 course one of the days. They got to hear pros (ie, former DK winners and top finishers) local riders and organizers give talks and then ride with them. I could totally see people doing it. Subtract off the (guaranteed) DK200 entry and kit price, and it probably compares closely to the cost of a couple day cruise once you factor in expenses, and people do that all the time. Im not saying I’d personally shell out my money for it, but it sounds more interesting/memorable to me than a cruise.
Old 10-25-19, 02:50 PM
redlude97

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 173 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelsmcgee
I know a guy that did it last year. About 200 miles spread over 3 days of riding...they basically did the DK100 course one of the days. They got to hear pros (ie, former DK winners and top finishers) local riders and organizers give talks and then ride with them. I could totally see people doing it. Subtract off the (guaranteed) DK200 entry and kit price, and it probably compares closely to the cost of a couple day cruise once you factor in expenses, and people do that all the time. Im not saying I’d personally shell out my money for it, but it sounds more interesting/memorable to me than a cruise.
I think that is a major thing. If you're going to plan your training calender year around this event, knowing you'll get a spot might be worth the price
Old 10-27-19, 06:42 PM
biketampa
I don’t live in Tampa

Bikes: 2014 Jamis Ventura Race, 2014 Cervelo P2, 2017 Raleigh Tamland 1, 2015 Jamis Trail X

Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 42 Times in 31 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
I think that is a major thing. If you're going to plan your training calender year around this event, knowing you'll get a spot might be worth the price
I wouldn’t disagree if you’re dead set on getting into dirty Kanza and don’t want to take your chances with the lottery then it might be worth it. I’d like to do dirty Kanza but if I can’t get in I’ll just find some other event
Old 11-05-19, 09:03 AM
ksryder

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 329 Posts
I'll send you pictures of the course and give you really bad advice for like $50. $20 if you're nice.

I've finished 5x so I'm as much of an expert as anyone, right?
Likes For ksryder:
Old 11-05-19, 02:55 PM
shoota 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1872 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by ksryder
I'll send you pictures of the course and give you really bad advice for like $50. $20 if you're nice.

I've finished 5x so I'm as much of an expert as anyone, right?
But but, there will be PROS there. Real life gravel PRO-FESH-A-NULS!!!!!
Likes For shoota: