Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

BH Team RX Ultegra - Thoughts?

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-19, 01:48 PM
Nessy39

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been into mountain biking for two years now, and would like to expand to the road, cx as well as triathlons. I've got a limited budget, so ideally I'd like one bike that can do the following: -100km plus rides -Triathlons -Training -Commuting -Can be used during spring, fall and summer (I live in Canada and the roads are covered in dirt and rocks after winter), plus most of our roads here leave a lot to be desired. -Basically just a good all-round bike

I found a 2017 or 2018 BH Team RX equipped with Ultegra. Asking price is $1900CAD. New the bike retails for $4600 plus tax. Bike is clean, no chips or cracks on the carbon frame. Frame is fully covered with 3M.

Thoughts?
Old 11-06-19, 02:04 PM
tdilf

Bikes: Niner RLT RDO, Trek Remedy 9.8

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 70 Posts
No matter what you get, make sure it fits you correctly.
Old 11-08-19, 02:27 PM
chas58

Bikes: too many of all kinds

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 335 Posts
Its a fairly aggressive race bike - perfect if that is what you are after. I'm gonna guess it is fairly stiff, fairly aggressive positioning and limited tire clearance (most everything these days takes 40mm). Not gonna take fenders for winter riding (although I mostly just use a seat post fender in the winter).

Certainly - fit is key.