Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Vuelta Corsa SLR wheelset

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-12, 03:42 PM
polobreaka

Bikes: Leader 722ts

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

https://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product...6#ReviewHeader

anybody have any experience with this set of wheels? i cant find any feedbacks on it. Its not even listed on the vuelta usa website.
Old 06-06-12, 05:28 PM
deacon mark

Bikes: Habanero Titanium Team Nuevo

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 185 Times in 121 Posts
Not those hoops specifically but frankly I think they are a good set. I have some vuelte xrps on a bike I bought new that were much heavier they these and they are bomb proof. These will be good wheels I like the 28 24 spoke count. I get tired of these 20 24 that have heavy rims claiming this is great. Better to go more spokes and lighter rims.
Old 06-07-12, 10:54 AM
polobreaka

Bikes: Leader 722ts

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by deacon mark
Not those hoops specifically but frankly I think they are a good set. I have some vuelte xrps on a bike I bought new that were much heavier they these and they are bomb proof. These will be good wheels I like the 28 24 spoke count. I get tired of these 20 24 that have heavy rims claiming this is great. Better to go more spokes and lighter rims.
thanks for your feedback! seems like it will be worth the money considering the cost and weight. would it be consider wheel upgrade to get the vuelta vs neuvations, boyd, soul..etc?
Old 06-07-12, 11:31 AM
deacon mark

Bikes: Habanero Titanium Team Nuevo

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked 185 Times in 121 Posts
I build my own wheels now and what I see is most do not meet what I want. I built a set to upgrade my vuelta's I mentioned. I have velocity rims aerohead with offset rear. Used a velocity fusion front 24 spokes radial laced. The rear was 28 hole DB spokes. Used formula hubs have 400 in them. The have 3000 miles not a bit of trouble and much lighter than the xrps. The offset rear I think gives greater stability with a more even dish.
Here is what I would like to build. Dt Swiss rims 28 fr 28 rear with white industry hubs. Radial lace the front and 3 cross on the rear. This would be about $600 wheel and I won't save a dime building it myself. I think it would far exceed and clincher al wheel you mentioned. That said those vuelta you want probably would work just as well.
Old 06-07-12, 11:51 AM
pgjackson

Bikes: Rossetti Vertigo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 70 Posts
I have the Corsa Superlights. So far I love them. Light weight, durable and good looking. I have about 1,000 miles on mine so far and no problems at all. Vuelta makes very good wheels. I doubt you will find anything better under $500. Of course "better" is purely subjective, but I am very happy with my purchase.
Old 12-31-13, 12:35 PM
Gramercy

Bikes: Trek 1.2

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dug this thread up. I am looking at these against the corsa lights which cost about $75 less but weigh 100g more. I find it odd the lighter wheels have more spokes. I think ill probably get the less expensive pair
Old 01-01-14, 08:08 PM
lesdunham
Michigan Rider

Bikes: Pinarello, Motobecane Immortal Force, Diamondback, Fischer (German)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I rode a set of Vuelta Corsa Lite's for 1.5 years and really like them. But I like Soul 3.0's just a little better on the bike I ride most. The Vuelta's are on the bike on the trainer. I would recommend them highly.