Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Your Most Recent Cycling-related Purchase

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-15, 10:03 PM
dwmckee

Bikes: Co-Motion Cappuccino Tandem,'88 Bob Jackson Touring, Co-Motion Cascadia Touring, Open U.P., Ritchie Titanium Breakaway, Frances Cycles SmallHaul cargo bike. Those are the permanent ones; others wander in and out of the stable occasionally as well.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 229 Posts
I got a pair of Dromarti Shoes and now I never want to take them off as they are so comfortable. If my wife would just let me sleep with them on now!

And they look even better than they feel!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
niceshoes.jpg (18.0 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by dwmckee; 07-22-15 at 10:07 PM.
Old 07-22-15, 11:48 PM
SpeshulEd 

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by dwmckee
I got a pair of Dromarti Shoes and now I never want to take them off as they are so comfortable. If my wife would just let me sleep with them on now!

I just discovered the Race Classics this week and I've posted them multiple times on various websites and everyone loves them. They're almost too nice though, I'd be so worried I'd scuff them.

Old 07-23-15, 02:01 AM
Valsgarde

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've not actually wired mine yet as they only came the day I was going on holiday. I hastily just put them on the bike, taped them, wrapped the bars then threw the bike on the bike rack and off I went.. Only just arrived back but yes, It looks like the cables have to be completely re-routed again. Will have to get that done shortly.
Old 07-23-15, 02:50 AM
bruce19

Bikes: CAAD 12, MASI Gran Criterium S, Colnago World Cup CX & Guru steel

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1743 Post(s)
Liked 1,281 Times in 740 Posts
Bought a Giro Prolight helmet yesterday. Hoping to get it by tomorrow.
Old 07-23-15, 08:17 AM
SpeshulEd 

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Valsgarde
I've not actually wired mine yet as they only came the day I was going on holiday. I hastily just put them on the bike, taped them, wrapped the bars then threw the bike on the bike rack and off I went.. Only just arrived back but yes, It looks like the cables have to be completely re-routed again. Will have to get that done shortly.
Hearing this makes me more hesitant to buy them, at least until it's time to redo my cabling.

Old 07-23-15, 02:09 PM
Jakedatc

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
21oz Camelpak podium bottle...basically for free with 5x Scratchlabs drink mix singles

Used but newer and much nicer Ultegra rear derailleur

Hammer nutrition wind vest, arm warmers, Gel from referral points THANK YOU! (free fizz drink tablets from coupon)

Last edited by Jakedatc; 07-28-15 at 04:54 PM.
Old 07-23-15, 02:29 PM
Mumonkan
Brown Jersey Winner

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Jakedatc
21oz Camelpak podium bottle...basically for free with 5x Scratchlabs drink mix singles
its become my commuting bottle since i got mine, its perfect
Old 07-23-15, 02:44 PM
Jakedatc

Liked 10 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Mumonkan
its become my commuting bottle since i got mine, its perfect
I have a few others.. 2 of the older nozzle and one with the newer. I like the new wider one better so now i'll have 2 for normal rides.

which version did you get? GF got the C-dale version, i got the garmin/sharp version. friend got just a plain grey/clear one.. he is not happy since he rides a green C-dale
Old 07-23-15, 03:36 PM
Mumonkan
Brown Jersey Winner

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 243 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 13 Posts
haha first world problems, i got the green cdale/garmin one that they show on their IG feed

they claim theyre running out i kinda wanna place another order lol
Old 07-23-15, 05:06 PM
shyonelung

Bikes: 1998 Amp Research dual suspension mtn bike; 2012 Ridley Orion full Carbon (Ultegra)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dwmckee

Super nice. I rode with the new Rapha shoes today. Unbelievable how good they feel. I had a lot of trouble getting my cleats in the right place on my old shoes. These feel so much better already. I have a relay race this weekend and I wasn't going to wear them because I didn't want to go on a long ride in new shoes for the first time but I'm thinking that I might. One more test ride tomorrow.
Old 07-24-15, 10:48 PM
dwmckee

Bikes: Co-Motion Cappuccino Tandem,'88 Bob Jackson Touring, Co-Motion Cascadia Touring, Open U.P., Ritchie Titanium Breakaway, Frances Cycles SmallHaul cargo bike. Those are the permanent ones; others wander in and out of the stable occasionally as well.

Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 229 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
I just discovered the Race Classics this week and I've posted them multiple times on various websites and everyone loves them. They're almost too nice though, I'd be so worried I'd scuff them.
Just ride and enjoy them. A little wear makes them nicer. The leather is quite durable and you can also touch them up with good old fashioned shoe polish.
Old 07-25-15, 10:30 PM
ZippyThePinhead
Slacker

Bikes: 1986 Peugeot Orient Express, 1987 Trek 560 Pro, 1983 SR Semi Pro, 2010 Motobecane Le Champion Titanium, 2011 Trek Fuel EX8

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
American Express is running a Sync offer until 8/2/2015: spend $100 or more at Backcountry.com, and you get a $30 statement credit. I grabbed this offer and bought some JagWire Road Pro cables, which Backcountry is currently selling for $34.95. With the AmEx Sync offer factored in, three sets of cables, which are shipped for free, come out to $24.95 each. Not too shabby...
Old 07-27-15, 03:00 PM
Porschefan

Bikes: 2015 Trek Domane 4.3, 1989 Schwinn Circuit, 2010 Yeti ASR 5, '80 Vitus 979 (being refurb'd)

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ZippyThePinhead
American Express is running a Sync offer until 8/2/2015: spend $100 or more at Backcountry.com, and you get a $30 statement credit. I grabbed this offer and bought some JagWire Road Pro cables, which Backcountry is currently selling for $34.95. With the AmEx Sync offer factored in, three sets of cables, which are shipped for free, come out to $24.95 each. Not too shabby...
I'd like to take advantage of this, but I can't find any reference to it on the AMEX website (or the Backcountry.com site--but I wouldn't expect to see it there). Any help?

STP
Old 07-27-15, 03:28 PM
ZippyThePinhead
Slacker

Bikes: 1986 Peugeot Orient Express, 1987 Trek 560 Pro, 1983 SR Semi Pro, 2010 Motobecane Le Champion Titanium, 2011 Trek Fuel EX8

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Porschefan
I'd like to take advantage of this, but I can't find any reference to it on the AMEX website (or the Backcountry.com site--but I wouldn't expect to see it there). Any help?

STP
When you log into the AmEx site, you'll see a summary page of card activity by default. Scroll down a bit and you should see a tab that says "AmEx Offers for you." You can look through the offers available via that tab to see if they are making this offer to you. They also make the offers public on Twitter, and you can read a bit more in the FAQ or on various sites: Frequent Miler, Million Mile Secrets, et al. I don't know if this particular offer was targeted or not, but the basic process is 1) claim the deal on your AmEx card, 2) go shopping at Backcountry, and 3) pay for your order using the same AmEx card. You get the statement credit after two or three months.
Old 07-27-15, 07:51 PM
RDB

Bikes: 96 Stumpjumper M2, Fisher Montare hybrid, Trek Emonda ALR5

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bought a Topeak aerowedge dx qr seat bag and a carbon water bottle cage,
Old 07-27-15, 09:48 PM
silversx80

Bikes: Lynskey R240, 2013 CAAD10

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Been away from the site for a while and took a long break from any intense cycling… actually got into body building for a couple years. Started to get back into training mode on the bike and after a couple months, I was hit by a truck while out for a morning training ride.

Skimping on the details, the driver's insurance company gave me mulah for a new ride.
Items are trickling in for my build.

- Lynskey R240 (Titanium frame) with their #2 carbon fork
- SRAM Force 22 Gruppo
- Mavic Aksium Wheelset (will be replaced with my own build once I do some shopping)
- fi'zi:k Antares R3 saddle
- Ritchey Classic C220 stem (polished Al)
- Ritchey Classic bars (polished Al)
- Speedplay Zero stainless pedals
- Jagwire gold braided cable housings
- King Cage, Iris bottle cages

Also picked up some new bibs, new jerseys, and a new helmet. Tomorrow I will order a Wahoo Kickr.

The Lynskey comes with FSA Gossamer bars and an FSA SLK stem. Bars are 42cm, and the stem is 100mm. They will not be mounted, and will likely be for sale soon.

Last things I need are a cycling computer (looking at the Wahoo RFLKT+), and a pair of carbon-sole shoes.
Old 07-27-15, 10:43 PM
jrossbeck

Bikes: '14 Trek Madone 2.1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Picked up a pair of jerseys. My first "race fit" jerseys I've purchased since I took up cycling. Started with loose fitting stuff, but I've dropped around 15 lbs in the last year so decided to reward my hard work.

Bridge Cycling Jersey | DannyShane | Designer Cycling Apparel
Surrey Grey Cycling Jersey | DannyShane | Designer Cycling Apparel
Old 07-28-15, 03:57 AM
Jeremy_S

Bikes: 15 Fuji Altamira 2.0

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I grabbed a selle italia flite flow titanium for my podium and a few cheeseball red pieces just to break up the fact that it's completely murdered out right now (red cable ends, brake adjusters, red highlights on the new seat, red k-edge Garmin mount). My other bike is 90% black with a little blue here and there so I figured I'd do this one with a little red here and there.
Old 07-28-15, 04:04 AM
Robius

Bikes: Felt AR2 Di2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 5 Posts
This jersey was in my radar for a while. I bought the red one. I think it's a great deal with %50 discount.

Altura Podium Short Sleeve Jersey | Evans Cycles
Old 07-28-15, 07:01 AM
growlerdinky
Duke Ulysses

Bikes: An old orange one for dirt, and for the other stuff: a white one, a kinda mint green one, and a black one.

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked 175 Times in 86 Posts
Wheelset - H Plus Son Archetypes/5800 hubs. First ride tonight.
Old 07-28-15, 11:53 AM
dalava

Bikes: Moots Vamoots, Colnago C60, Santa Cruz Stigmata CC, and too many other bikes I don't ride

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by silversx80
Been away from the site for a while and took a long break from any intense cycling… actually got into body building for a couple years. Started to get back into training mode on the bike and after a couple months, I was hit by a truck while out for a morning training ride.

Skimping on the details, the driver's insurance company gave me mulah for a new ride.
Items are trickling in for my build.

- Lynskey R240 (Titanium frame) with their #2 carbon fork
- SRAM Force 22 Gruppo
- Mavic Aksium Wheelset (will be replaced with my own build once I do some shopping)
- fi'zi:k Antares R3 saddle
- Ritchey Classic C220 stem (polished Al)
- Ritchey Classic bars (polished Al)
- Speedplay Zero stainless pedals
- Jagwire gold braided cable housings
- King Cage, Iris bottle cages

Also picked up some new bibs, new jerseys, and a new helmet. Tomorrow I will order a Wahoo Kickr.

The Lynskey comes with FSA Gossamer bars and an FSA SLK stem. Bars are 42cm, and the stem is 100mm. They will not be mounted, and will likely be for sale soon.

Last things I need are a cycling computer (looking at the Wahoo RFLKT+), and a pair of carbon-sole shoes.
there is only one choice for the seatpost
Old 07-28-15, 12:55 PM
CeeDotA

Bikes: 17 TCR Advanced 2, 21 Revolt Advanced 3, 16 Trinity Advanced

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Pair of Elite bottle cages to replace the crappy eBay knockoff "Giant" ones I have.
Prior to that, complete Shimano 105 group upgrade, Profile Design ZBS Performance aero bar, new Giant brand bar tape, and a Cygolite HotShot rear light.
Old 07-28-15, 01:17 PM
Worknomore

Bikes: Serotta CRL, Litespeed Blue Ridge, Bacchetta Ti Aero, Cannondale delta V, 67 Schwinn Sting Ray stick shift.

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
A couple of hi-viz yellow jerseys, US made, 35.00ea on Amazon.
Old 07-28-15, 06:17 PM
silversx80

Bikes: Lynskey R240, 2013 CAAD10

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by dalava
there is only one choice for the seatpost
Going to be giving the Lynskey Ti 300mm Seatpost with 0 offset a try. Forgot to mention that in the list.
Old 07-28-15, 07:55 PM
Bugstomper2000

Bikes: 1989 Trek 1200

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Chain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.