Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Phone Holder/Mount for Phone in already Living in Shock/Rubberized Case

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-20, 12:26 AM
michaelm101

Bikes: Cannondale Carbon Synapse Road, Cannondale T2000 Touring, Vintage Mongoose IBOC Pro MTB, Vintage Peugeot 12spd racer, Old rusty Schwinn Manta Ray I neglected as a child, Diamondback Haanjo EXP Carbon & Metro, Specialized Roubaix Pro, RaleighSC Tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 29 Posts

I was thinking it would be an easy search, but of course it was not. Can anyone suggest a solid handlebar mount / holder for my iphone that will be staying in its rubberized shock proof case? I own and love my Topeak Ride Case, but it's a bit inconvenient in terms of actually using the phone and is only used for planned long excursions with possible weather changes.

Seeking one for everyday use where I simply stick the phone in there, as is....

Preferably made of aluminum with no rubber securing straps or fasteners that will deteriorate and break with continual use.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-18-20, 08:30 PM
Pugs2xLove

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked 89 Times in 66 Posts
This is what I use on my bike and they have it for the iPhone and Samsung. It comes with a rubber cover to protect against rain. Love it.

https://sp-connect.com/
Old 05-29-20, 02:46 PM
michaelm101

Bikes: Cannondale Carbon Synapse Road, Cannondale T2000 Touring, Vintage Mongoose IBOC Pro MTB, Vintage Peugeot 12spd racer, Old rusty Schwinn Manta Ray I neglected as a child, Diamondback Haanjo EXP Carbon & Metro, Specialized Roubaix Pro, RaleighSC Tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 39 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by Pugs2xLove
This is what I use on my bike and they have it for the iPhone and Samsung. It comes with a rubber cover to protect against rain. Love it.

https://sp-connect.com/
Thx. That looks nice, but it appears to be a case in & of itself, with its smart attaching ramp on the back. I need a mount where I simply place my phone, already in a rubberized case onto the mount. It is 1/2" thick and most aluminum clamp type mounts can not accommodate this thickness...
Old 05-31-20, 09:40 AM
gauvins

Bikes: Custom built LHT & Troll

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 842 Post(s)
Liked 149 Times in 106 Posts
Search for [universal mounts]. Some grip the phone with a silicone harness (ex), others use a glued universal adapter (ex) to fit a quarter-turn handlebar mount. (I do not use such system so can't vouch for their reliability. I own a Quadlock bundle which works well, so I assume that their universal adapter is a reasonable solution, although it'll add a rather large hump on the back. Depending on your circumstances, you may want to purchase a small bumper for everyday use and switch to you case during outdoor activities)
Old 05-31-20, 10:04 AM
Bigbus
Very Senior Member

Bikes: Giant Quasar & Fuji Roubaix

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Liked 343 Times in 244 Posts
I have the Ram X grip with handlebar mount that I use all the time and not just for my Iphone, but also other gadgets on occasion. I also have the dedicated Ram Iphone cradle that I never use because I keep my phone in a protective case so it doesn't fit in the cradle. I got the cradle before I found the case and since the case protects it from everything except theft, I don't take it out of the case. I also have a Ram cradle for my GPS and I put them on opposite sides of the head post. It looks cluttered with the light up there too, but hey, I like my gadgets. I've never had anything come out of the X grip even on rough trails. When I patrolled in the forest I used that mount for my service radio and that's why I got one when I retired.

Heres a link: https://www.amazon.com/Mounts-RAM-B-...940653&sr=8-20
Old 06-18-20, 08:36 AM
OLDTMR

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm kinda in the same boat, I have an iPhone X and a Trek with a Blendr stem mount, was hoping I could find something to work with my existing rubberized phone case and the Trek mount. I really don't want a mount that will tilt on a 10 mile ride from road shock that's why I think something that snaps into the Blendr mount would be great. I can't post pix of the mount yet (noobie), but its pretty simple, slide and lock. I do like the quarter-turn bayonet style mounts.