Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Recommend me a bike

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Recommend me a bike

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-20, 06:26 PM
sunny_singh

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Recommend me a bike

I hope you experts can recommend me a bike, I've just spent some time browsing the forum but I'm still conflicted!

I recently got back into cycling and have been doing 15kms every three/ four days, all of the cycling in on paved roads and I try to maintain a fastish speed. I currently don't own a bike so I have to keep renting one. I'm looking for a bike that can ''do it all'' and because of the Covid situation my options are limited due to supply.

I don't want a road bike, I prefer disc brakes but not necessary, thicker/ wider tyres would be nice to add some comfort and I don't need suspension. Bearing in mind that I am not an expert on bike jargon but I've tried to narrow my search:

1. Specialized Sirrus 1.0 or 2.0 (Sirrus X are sold out)

2. Specialized Roll

3. Specialized Crossroads

Cannondales, Brodie, Norco are sold out. My budget is around $700-$800 CAD. If you have any suggests / ideas - I look forward to your input!

Last edited by sunny_singh; 06-08-20 at 11:35 PM.
Old 06-09-20, 07:28 PM
littleArnold

Bikes: Trek, Schwinn, Huffy

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
I love my Trek hybrid I have had for 4 years. Its fast enough for me to keep up with some riders who are not in the greatest shape riding the more expensive Trek, Specialized, and Giant Roadbikes. Its versatile can ride on many different surfaces , and compact enough to fit in my car.
Old 06-09-20, 08:40 PM
yashinon

Bikes: Trek Domane

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
Go with what works for you.

Originally Posted by sunny_singh
I hope you experts can recommend me a bike, I've just spent some time browsing the forum but I'm still conflicted!

I recently got back into cycling and have been doing 15kms every three/ four days, all of the cycling in on paved roads and I try to maintain a fastish speed. I currently don't own a bike so I have to keep renting one. I'm looking for a bike that can ''do it all'' and because of the Covid situation my options are limited due to supply.

I don't want a road bike, I prefer disc brakes but not necessary, thicker/ wider tyres would be nice to add some comfort and I don't need suspension. Bearing in mind that I am not an expert on bike jargon but I've tried to narrow my search:

1. Specialized Sirrus 1.0 or 2.0 (Sirrus X are sold out)

2. Specialized Roll

3. Specialized Crossroads

Cannondales, Brodie, Norco are sold out. My budget is around $700-$800 CAD. If you have any suggests / ideas - I look forward to your input!
You asked an open ended question, there will be opinions all over the board. Go with what works for you and your budget. Ride them all, compare components, and determine what you like most. Components, such as gears, shifters, type of brake, etc matter most. Remember bikes parts can be changed later. Also, check your local Craigslist, often times people buy bikes, use them very little and sell. You could end up with something higher end and under your budget.
Old 06-10-20, 02:31 PM
lelenz

Bikes: Sirrus X-4

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
It is tough this day and age to ride "em all. I bought a Sirrus X-4 last week, it was the only option my LBS had in stock. Really pleased so far, but it was more than I budgeted
Old 06-10-20, 09:13 PM
yashinon

Bikes: Trek Domane

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 8 Posts
lelenz You are right, cycling is more popular than I have seen in a while. Thanks to the Pandemic. Went to LBS and they were wiped clean!

However it is a good idea to ride a few to see what fits best.