Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Commuter Bicycle Pics

Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Commuter Bicycle Pics

Old 04-23-04, 09:25 PM
ollo_ollo

Bikes: Still have a few left!

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 465 Post(s)
Liked 526 Times in 265 Posts
Nice commuter bike Anders.
Old 04-23-04, 10:27 PM
AG7KinMT

Bikes: Mongoose MGX DXr

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is my 1996 Specialized Hardrock GX Sport. Fitted with Planet Bike fenders. Nashbar panniers. Simi-slick tires. My commute is about 12.5 miles round trip.
Old 04-24-04, 10:05 AM
blueline

Bikes: Trek 1500 (04)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Anders K
Great looking bikes in this thread.
Here is my commuter, a -94 Cannondale M600. https://www.karlstam.com for more details
Nice looking bike. Beautiful area you live in too. I visited Gothenburg/Molndal in 2002 when I interviewed with a pharamceutical company in the area. Came pretty close to moving there, too.
Old 04-24-04, 12:41 PM
Anders K
To infinity and beyond

Bikes: Cannondale M600, Crescent 92318, Bianchi Lo Spillone (tandem)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ollo ollo; thanks.

blueline; thanks. Yes it's beautiful here. I guess all areas have theire own beauty.
I work in Mölndal on the opposite side of the freeway to Astra/Hässle (I guess that is the company you visited?).
Old 04-24-04, 02:10 PM
blueline

Bikes: Trek 1500 (04)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Anders K
ollo ollo; thanks.

blueline; thanks. Yes it's beautiful here. I guess all areas have theire own beauty.
I work in Mölndal on the opposite side of the freeway to Astra/Hässle (I guess that is the company you visited?).
You guessed correctly. The area seemed to offer a lot for my preferred lifestyle. Right near the water. Ice hockey close by. Both city and country living in close proximity. Of course, I didn't visit in the dead of winter...
Old 04-24-04, 06:02 PM
Corsaire
Dancing on the Pedals

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hej Anders, det bodde jag i Sverige for tva ar sedan, Goteborg ar en vacker stad, det lovar jag, men bodde jag i Stockholm, Sodermalm, den stan full av vatten! Forlot min svenska, men det har glomdet jag ganska mycket for langesedan.
Corsaire
Old 04-25-04, 12:31 AM
Anders K
To infinity and beyond

Bikes: Cannondale M600, Crescent 92318, Bianchi Lo Spillone (tandem)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hej Corsaire, din svenska är bra. Stockholm är en vacker stad men Göteborg vackrare
Ha det bra
Hälsningar
Anders
Old 04-25-04, 02:10 PM
ridealot
Cyclist and village idiot

Bikes: 2005 Gary Fisher Nirvana S 2001 Trek 2200 1999 Schwinn Mesa 1989 Mangussa?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Finnally took a picture of mine to load up here. It is a 1999 Schwinn Mesa GSX. I added a Night Rider Road Rat headlight and Topeak Front fender. Just imagine pannier bags just like N7CZinMT on it and there you go.
Old 04-26-04, 08:48 AM
robertsdvd
floor sleeper

Bikes: Raleigh Twenty, Puch 3 speed road conversion, lookin' into a Karate Monkey for a cruiser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm anxiously awaiting to post a picture of my new commuter I've just about finished... need to run brake lines tonight and wrap the handlebars. Problem is - it was supposed to be a beater of sorts - survive the theivery of the mean streets of Boston... but now I stand back and it just looks damn purty, I don't think I'd want to leave it outside! Soon my precious, soon.

Anders, I've seen your ride before, and I really enjoy the look of a mtb with drops... and I dig the apple sticker of course.
Old 04-26-04, 09:34 AM
Corsaire
Dancing on the Pedals

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've been wanting to post the pics of my commuter but I'm not succeeding, I get an error message that my file is too large: over 100,000 bytes - my pics are over those numbers. Using Adobe I've already reduced the JPG size to the smallest possible per the program and still nothing: over 100,000 bytes.
What can I do to reduce the size even smaller (under 100,000 bytes size)? Please help...
Corsaire
Old 04-26-04, 09:36 AM
robertsdvd
floor sleeper

Bikes: Raleigh Twenty, Puch 3 speed road conversion, lookin' into a Karate Monkey for a cruiser

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tried down-res'ing and rescaling it?
Old 04-26-04, 10:00 AM
slvoid
2-Cyl, 1/2 HP @ 90 RPM

Bikes: 04' Specialized Hardrock Sport, 03' Giant OCR2 (SOLD!), 04' Litespeed Firenze, 04' Giant OCR Touring, 07' Specialized Langster Comp

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Go on google and search for the windows xp picture resizing power toy. It works pretty well to quickly resize a picture to be posted onto message boards.
Old 04-26-04, 01:38 PM
Corsaire
Dancing on the Pedals

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks guys, I now think got it.
This is my commuter Bianchi Volpe '03, it has: frog pedals, Ascent rear rack, Nashbar panniers, Protege 9.0 Cyclo Computer (Planet Bike), Armadillos Nimbus 700x28C, PlanetBike Fredy fenders (custom painted to "kind of" match the bike color) and perhaps the most important feature: the safety flash flag.
Corsaire
Old 04-26-04, 01:41 PM
robertsdvd
floor sleeper

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Corsaire: Paint the fenders?
Old 04-26-04, 01:46 PM
Corsaire
Dancing on the Pedals

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah! originallly came Titanium color, and painted them using spray car paint, unfortunately I couldn't find the same red candy color of the bike, so that was the closest I got.
Corsaire
Old 04-26-04, 03:41 PM
Stubacca

Bikes: '03 Fuji Roubaix Pro; '03 KleinGi Attitude; '06 Soma Rush; '04 Surly Cross-Check; '06 Soma Rush; '07 Scott CR1 / Chorus

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Corsaire
Thanks guys, I now think got it.
This is my commuter Bianchi Volpe '03, it has: frog pedals, Ascent rear rack, Nashbar panniers, Protege 9.0 Cyclo Computer (Planet Bike), Armadillos Nimbus 700x28C, PlanetBike Fredy fenders (custom painted to "kind of" match the bike color) and perhaps the most important feature: the safety flash flag.
Corsaire
Looks the business, Corsaire. Very red!

I'm in the market soon to replace my old commuter, and the Volpe is high on the list of potential rides. How long is your commute? How do you find the stock gearing and component set, particlarly wheelset? Does the flash flag seem to help a lot? I always run a blinky on the rear, day and night, and find it encourages drivers to give me a lot more space on the road - I imagine the flag helps to achieve the same.
Old 04-26-04, 09:24 PM
Chris L
Every lane is a bike lane

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia - passionfruit capital of the universe!
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Now I want a red bike.

That is all.
Old 04-27-04, 02:21 AM
Chris L
Every lane is a bike lane

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia - passionfruit capital of the universe!
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Black as the ace of spades....

That is all.
Old 04-27-04, 07:34 AM
Corsaire
Dancing on the Pedals

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stubacca
Looks the business, Corsaire. Very red!
I'm in the market soon to replace my old commuter, and the Volpe is high on the list of potential rides. How long is your commute? How do you find the stock gearing and component set, particlarly wheelset? Does the flash flag seem to help a lot? I always run a blinky on the rear, day and night, and find it encourages drivers to give me a lot more space on the road - I imagine the flag helps to achieve the same.
My commute is 11.5 miles each way, hilly course: the first one being 20-25 degrees uphill and about block and a half long. I love the Tiagra triple gearing, is smooth and serves the hilly course very well. The wheelset is bombproof so far, given that sometimes I practically disappear inside some potholes in my route (winter's leftovers). I've found the flash flag make drivers take a more cautious approach when passing me on the left, and since it's connected to a spring it really wiggles calling the attention of most drivers.
Corsaire
Old 04-27-04, 09:19 AM
robertsdvd
floor sleeper

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nasty quality pictures - but that's what you get when you try to do stills from a video camera... I have no digital camera nor does the office, all we have are video - so its limited to 720/640x480 @ 72 dpi... but for now... my newly overhauled commuter:

more images: https://www.the-wild.net/puch

Its an old Puch frame with a Sachs 3 spd. Saddle needs to come up a bit more I think - first ride was this morning and the left bolt was tight enough so the tire started to rub... fixed it as soon as I got to the office.
Old 04-30-04, 11:36 AM
ChezJfrey
Rider in the Storm

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, KHS Fiero (Fixed), Centurion Ironman Expert

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's a link to a photo of mine after our morning tour today.
Old 04-30-04, 01:18 PM
vrkelley
Enjoy

Bikes: Trek 5200

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChezJfrey
Here's a link to a photo of mine after our morning tour today.
Chez
Are those Rolf Vector rims? I've got blue RV's on my Trek2200 that are always true inspite of the Seattle pot-holes.
Old 04-30-04, 03:54 PM
ChezJfrey
Rider in the Storm

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, KHS Fiero (Fixed), Centurion Ironman Expert

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The rear is a Rolf Vector Comp that I bought from a guy that had never ridden on it (my originals wore through the sidewalls from all the rain/grit). He didn't have the front any longer, and evidently you can't get red from Trek anymore. After looking on eBay for awhile, I gave up and decided I could just build my own using a Velocity DeepV and the Rolf hub. A radial lace uses the same spoke length (and the LBS had plenty of the flat DT spokes used in the original Rolf setup) since the rim dimensions are nearly identical.

Unfortunately, the red color is slightly different between the two. . . but the front more closely matches the bike, so I may just build a new rear with a Velocity rim and maybe an American Classic hub.

Oh, and I now use Mavic Open Pros on Ultegra hubs during the winter to save the wear on my "pretty" wheels.
Old 05-02-04, 02:42 PM
Jean Beetham Smith 
Slow Moving Vehicle

Bikes: Felt F-70, Terry Madeleine, Novara Safari fully customized by me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
This is my newest ride, "Ruby Sojourner" is a 2003 Col de La Madaleine by Terry, 16 inch frame, 24X13/8 inch front, 700C rear, everything stock except for the Planet Bike fenders, RealLite tail light, 9V horn, and CatEye 5 LED opticube. She is my daylight savings time, drier day ride. My only complaint is that I can't fit a rack trunk on because my seat is too close to the rack.

Last edited by Jean Beetham Smith; 05-02-04 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-02-04, 03:07 PM
Jean Beetham Smith 
Slow Moving Vehicle

Bikes: Felt F-70, Terry Madeleine, Novara Safari fully customized by me

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My workhorse ride, Flora is a '99 Terry with two 24inch wheels, NiteHawk Prowler head lamp, back up cateye on the front fork, reflecter riveted to flap of rack trunk, RealLite on trunk, Cateye tail light on rack. In short, fully Fredded, everything to inspire a true roader to race by as fast as possible to avoid looking at her. I love her, she is me, I am her.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.