Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Remembering My Brother Shawn Today

Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Old 09-16-20, 07:55 PM
shopboyjr

Bikes: Specialized Crosstrail Elite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 20 Posts

Three years ago today my brother Shawn passed away doing a century ride at Lories Lake side in Indiana. My brother was a professor at the University of Saint Francis in Fort Wayne. If it wasn't for my brother I would not be riding my bike today. My brother Shawn started riding about 3 years before he passed away. He posted on facebook he was doing a ride on the GAP May of 2017. I called my brother from Texas and we all decided to do this trip together. It was the first time we all did something together because of the age differences. This is when I fell in love riding the bike. We had a great time together and talked about doing more trips together every year. This trip was the last time i was with my brother. I always felt God wanted us to have this trip so we all could spend 3 wonderful days riding together. I just wanted everyone to know I miss you and some day we will all ride again.
Likes For shopboyjr:
Old 09-17-20, 02:46 AM
nomadmax 

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 1103 Post(s)
Liked 1,824 Times in 878 Posts
RIP to your brother, my condolences. But, in my opinion, your brother is still riding with you.
Likes For nomadmax:
Old 09-17-20, 01:10 PM
Pop N Wood

Bikes: 1982 Bianchi Sport SX, Rayleigh Tamland 1, Rans V-Rex recumbent, Fuji MTB, 80's Cannondale MTB with BBSHD ebike motor

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 667 Post(s)
Liked 529 Times in 355 Posts
My younger brother passed about 3 years ago as well. I inherited several of his bikes. Rode one of his bikes across the state of Nebraska to return his ashes to the earth. My tribute ride to him. Keep wanting to go back and ride that trail again.

Still think of him a lot. I've sold two of his old bikes now. The one I rode across Nebraska I sold to a buddy who rides it daily. I will always keep the mountain bike he built from the frame up.

Think I will ride that one tonight.

I'll give a salute to your brother when I do.
Likes For Pop N Wood:
Old 09-19-20, 04:38 PM
philbob57

Bikes: frankenbike based on MKM frame

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 714 Post(s)
Liked 602 Times in 371 Posts
I'm sorry for your loss.