Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Your Weekend Ride Reports -- September 26/27

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-20, 02:44 AM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts

Tell us all about your end of September cycling!
Old 09-27-20, 06:35 AM
Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Walk along the beach ...

Old 09-27-20, 06:48 AM
atwl77
Kamen Rider

Bikes: Fuji Transonic Elite, Marechal Soul Ultimate, Dahon Dash Altena

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked 277 Times in 164 Posts
300km up and down a mountain

Old 09-27-20, 05:20 PM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked 2,287 Times in 1,278 Posts

Did forty miles today on my ItalVega. Cool weather and a little overcast at first. I wasn’t planning on doing that long of ride but it just seemed like perfect riding weather so I kept on pedaling! I love days like this.
Old 09-27-20, 08:21 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
About 25 miles each of Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Beautiful weather, a mite hot Sunday.
Old 09-28-20, 08:53 AM
Ogsarg

Bikes: 2019 Specialized Roubaix Comp Di2, 2009 Roubaix, early 90's Giant Iguana

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 1,526 Times in 551 Posts
An old friend of mine who lives in Connecticut rode his first Century Saturday. His nephew in Minnesota rode his first the same day. I figured I'd try for my second on Sunday. Since it was expected to be hot I headed for the coast. Got a flat at the 30 mile point and there was no shade anywhere so fixed that under a bright sun and proceeded. Just past 50 miles I stopped to help someone get a chain back on that had popped off. At about 60 miles, I bought a 50 ounce bottle of water to fill my two empty 24 ouncer's and kept going. Did pretty well till I started going away from the coast and it got hot (mid 90's) and the normal tailwind I get the last 15 miles turned out to be a headwind. Was pretty beat when I got home (103 miles) mainly due to too much sun exposure. Feeling ok today though.
Old 09-28-20, 11:41 AM
bikecrate

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 623 Post(s)
Liked 397 Times in 226 Posts
I was back in the Ocala Nat. Forest this weekend. Saturday I was having a nice ride. I even said to myself I'm really feeling good today. That is right about when I ran over something and got a flat about two miles from home. I coasted for a half mile and walked the rest of the way. I need to remember not to think about how well things are going. Its bad luck. Anyways, 41 miles total including a walk. Sunday the wind shifted coming up from the south. It was super humid. I still had a pretty good 40 mile ride.
Old 09-28-20, 12:42 PM
mercator
In the wind

Bikes: Giant TCR Advanced Team, Lemond Buenos Aires, Giant TCX, Miyata 1000LT

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked 120 Times in 54 Posts
Originally Posted by bikecrate
I was back in the Ocala Nat. Forest this weekend. Saturday I was having a nice ride. I even said to myself I'm really feeling good today. That is right about when I ran over something and got a flat about two miles from home. I coasted for a half mile and walked the rest of the way. I need to remember not to think about how well things are going. Its bad luck. Anyways, 41 miles total including a walk. Sunday the wind shifted coming up from the south. It was super humid. I still had a pretty good 40 mile ride.
Sounds a lot like my Saturday ride - about 60km with the last 20 powered by a ferocious tailwind. Something about cruising along at about 50 km/hr on a lovely day, enjoying the view of the mountains and foothills puts a big smile on my face. Then I hit the one rock on the whole damn road! Just a pinch flat, no walking necessary.