Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Why is Rapha so divisive?

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Why is Rapha so divisive?

Old 08-07-20, 07:38 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10898 Post(s)
Liked 7,386 Times in 4,145 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Uh oh - Isadore has started "pushing" lifestyle/urban/casual - https://isadore.com/enhance-your-urbanity

Are they the next to be divisive?
Looks like they are inclusive. Too inclusive.
https://isadore.com/urban-technical-pant
Unisex pants that are advertised as tailored for the office? How the hell is that possible?
The venn diagram of men and women who would both fit this has to have a small intersection. Pants are the one shared clothing item that I would think is least unisex friendly.
Old 08-07-20, 07:55 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 10243 Post(s)
Liked 11,595 Times in 5,942 Posts
Originally Posted by mstateglfr
Looks like they are inclusive. Too inclusive.
https://isadore.com/urban-technical-pant
Unisex pants that are advertised as tailored for the office? How the hell is that possible?
The venn diagram of men and women who would both fit this has to have a small intersection. Pants are the one shared clothing item that I would think is least unisex friendly.
Maybe they fit everyone equally poorly, but in different ways.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Likes For genejockey:
Old 08-22-20, 10:20 PM
NoWhammies

Bikes: Argon 18 Gallium, BH G7, Rocky Mountain Instinct C70

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 512 Times in 306 Posts
Rapha is having a sale right now, but none of their core stuff is hitting the sale price. Does anyone know if Rapha puts their core line on sale?
Old 08-23-20, 05:33 AM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20791 Post(s)
Liked 9,436 Times in 4,663 Posts
Originally Posted by NoWhammies
Rapha is having a sale right now, but none of their core stuff is hitting the sale price. Does anyone know if Rapha puts their core line on sale?
They do, but not as often. Usually the current stuff will go on sale during their big sales that come up a couple times per year; there was a 25% off sale in late March and I think that they do a similar sale in the fall. Otherwise, you may catch the odd sale on a particular color that may or may not be from a previous year - you just have to keep on top of the Archive Sale section as it rotates so much. On that note, I'm not sure if you can still do it, but I used to go to the Archive page, select my filters (gender, size, etc) and Price sorting preference and then bookmark the resulting URL - that made for a nice one-click method of checking for deals.
Likes For WhyFi: