Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Ebike News forum

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Ebike News forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-08, 02:30 PM
meanjoegreen

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ebike News forum

https://www.ebikehub.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=5

This is a collection of all of the latest ebike news on the internet. If you know of any other news in the ebike world, or would like to contribute stories about your company/dealership/blog etc. Feel free to add your link/story etc.
Old 01-06-08, 10:33 AM
mike-on-da-bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ok ill start my own ebike story now is the time to lobby the gov in aussie for more powerfull bikes as 200 watt limit is bloody stupid also the new pm kevin rudd is spending up huge on electric cars and solar technology,i think within the next few years sydney will become a role model for such things i think,this current pm also drive and electric car to work and it is own car,doesnt even have a driver lol hows that for a green pm haaaaaa
Old 01-07-08, 10:44 AM
countersTrike
Recumbent Trike

Bikes: WizWheelz TerraTrike with Velo-Kit & 24V motor, completely enclosed (fiberglass/kevlar & Lexan) EZ SX Tad with 36V motor

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by meanjoegreen
This is a collection of all of the latest ebike news on the internet. If you know of any other news in the ebike world, or would like to contribute stories about your company/dealership/blog etc. Feel free to add your link/story etc.
Very interesting that velomobiles were mentioned. Mine was a rarity for California to accept in 2005, and now with a hub motor; it is *very* out of the ordinary. Nice to learn that this information is available: thanks!

countersTrike
Old 01-10-08, 12:26 PM
meanjoegreen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just posted a story from someone who researched e-bikes He seemed to favor Heinzmann hubs over Bionix and Crystalyte. (the article is in the news section) has anyone in the US tried one of these hubs?

thx. www.ebikehub.com (click on ebike news)
Old 01-14-08, 12:02 AM
dhofmann

Bikes: Giant Cypress

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Is there an RSS feed?
Old 01-16-08, 08:18 AM
mike-on-da-bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
off topic here abit but i think this year will see new progress re-electric power thingos,even major car makers want to go green now and most are saying the pertol car has almost seen its days,some buses here in sydney are allready electric and gee they run quiet and no smell,they are very zippy of the mark too,i think its time to retire the petrol car for good as there are other types around that will do a good job around the city,i am just glad i have my own petrol at home for my bike haaaaaaaa(it called a power point man you cant beat that petrol station,electric bikes are on the increase over this way also. petrol is now $1.45 per litre and thats aussie dollars and i can see it rising much higher by the ened of this year.
Old 01-16-08, 04:57 PM
electrogreen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by mike-on-da-bike
off topic here abit but i think this year will see new progress re-electric power thingos,even major car makers want to go green now and most are saying the pertol car has almost seen its days,some buses here in sydney are allready electric and gee they run quiet and no smell,they are very zippy of the mark too,i think its time to retire the petrol car for good as there are other types around that will do a good job around the city,i am just glad i have my own petrol at home for my bike haaaaaaaa(it called a power point man you cant beat that petrol station,electric bikes are on the increase over this way also. petrol is now $1.45 per litre and thats aussie dollars and i can see it rising much higher by the ened of this year.
Hey Mike,
Over here in the Centre of the Universe, Petrol (some punters call it gas, but we both know what gas is, and it's a gas not a fluid) is over $1.00 a litre or about $US4.00 a gallon (note that Imperial differs from US). It's still a bargain because 750 ml of Perrier water just cost me $1.29. If I ran my car on water it would be more expensive!!

LOL
Old 02-05-08, 02:24 PM
meanjoegreen

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
High tech e-bike.

https://www.ebikehub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=240
Old 02-21-08, 04:50 AM
mike-on-da-bike

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
haaa same here water aint cheap thats for sure,alot a those currie ezips getting around here and i havnet seen not one hub type setup yet,i am getting used to my cheapy ezip from the kmarts,not too bad it does the job but a little more torque and speed would have topped of these bikes mr currie