Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

CatEye Micro Wireless Black CC-MC200W

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-19, 01:48 PM
RandyJ

Bikes: Trek Verve 3 and a Sun bike Crusier

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Just order this from CatEye. It was only about 60 bucks. I'm reading some reviews that when i turn on my front bike light it will mess up the reading's on the CatEye. Any thoughts ? Anyone have this trouble

Last edited by RandyJ; 04-06-19 at 01:53 PM.
Old 04-23-19, 02:09 PM
RandyJ

Bikes: Trek Verve 3 and a Sun bike Crusier

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ive had my CatEye Micro Wireless Black CC-MC200W for a few weeks now and I'm not happy. The computer will work for about a mile then it will stop. It locks up 10.7 mph. Very frustrating. Ive tried everything. I removed the computer and ordered a mount for my iPhone X. I just hope the sun Doesn't hurt the phone.
Old 04-24-19, 07:43 PM
canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
My cheap wireless bike computer is affected by one of my LED headlights (the NiteRider Lumina Micro 500), so I either separate the computer and light another inch or so, or use a Light & Motion Urban 500 that doesn't interfere with the wireless computer.

Other glitches with wired and wireless bike computers are usually due to alignment of sensor and magnet -- often there's a very narrow range in which the sensor will work, and it's not always by roughly aligning the magnet to cross the middle of the sensor module. Occasionally on really rough roads the wheel magnet on my bike will shift just enough to lose contact with the sensor.

With some unsealed wireless and wired computers sometimes water from rain, puddles or sweat can leak into the devices and cause shorts or corrosion. My cheap wireless computer has no weather sealing in the battery compartments for the magnet sensor or display. I avoid riding in rain so it hasn't been a problem. But I wouldn't expect it to function reliably if I did routinely ride in wet weather.