Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Lezyne Mega GPS crashing

Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Lezyne Mega GPS crashing

Old 05-17-19, 11:17 AM
samkl 

Bikes: 2004 Trek 520, resto-modded 1987 Cannondale SR400, rando-modded 1976 AD Vent Noir; 2019 Wabi Classic; 1989? Burley Duet

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 93 Times in 51 Posts
Lezyne Mega GPS crashing

I used my new Lezyne Mega GPS for a 300k brevet two weeks ago, and near the end of the ride the thing completely fell apart. First it told me my next turn was 20 miles behind me, then it lost the route and I couldn’t get it to pick up where it left off.

The route was lollipop shaped: the ride was generally a loop, but the first and last 35 miles followed the same roads. It crashed shortly after I got back onto the road I took on the outbound leg. So I suspect it got confused with my riding the same road twice in different directions.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this with a Lezyne Mega? My next 400k brevet has the similar routing. Any ideas on how to solve the problem so the GPS doesn’t crash again?
Old 05-17-19, 02:34 PM
philbob57

Bikes: frankenbike based on MKM frame

Quoted: 714 Post(s)
Liked 602 Times in 371 Posts
Have you talked to Lezyne? I used their email contact method and got a quick response to a question.
Old 05-17-19, 08:17 PM
samkl 

Bikes: 2004 Trek 520, resto-modded 1987 Cannondale SR400, rando-modded 1976 AD Vent Noir; 2019 Wabi Classic; 1989? Burley Duet

Quoted: 213 Post(s)
Liked 93 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by philbob57
Have you talked to Lezyne? I used their email contact method and got a quick response to a question.
No I haven’t—thanks for the tip.