Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

= Show Us Your Cannondale! =

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

= Show Us Your Cannondale! =

Old 12-30-13, 10:14 AM
bianchi10
King Hoternot

Bikes: 2015 Cannondale Evo Hi mod

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thank you very much for that compliment! Honestly, I like your bike. If it were my bike these are the things I would look at doing:

-Don't like the seatpost shape (im assuming it is a 3t?), I've never liked the setback to the 3t seatposts.
-Black praxis chainrings.
-I'm on the fence with your bike if I would just keep the spacers or if I would use a conical spacer. I dont like the shape of the conical spacer that comes with the supersix, so I got the evo conical spacer which I find to be much more appearling
-Its a very minor thing, but I would swap out that stock seatpost clamp. It is bulky and heavy. I have an aerozine clamp which is 9g compared to the stock one which is something like 50g. Even if you aren't a weight weenie, it looks much nicer.

Other than that, you have done a nice job with it. Wheels are not something everyone wants to do, but certainly make a big difference in overall aesthetics.

How do you like your bike? What are some things you have wanted to do to your bike?
Old 12-30-13, 04:03 PM
dvdslw

Bikes: Santa Cruz Stigmata

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by texastwister
Old School when you had to take your hands of the handlebars to shift

That looks a lot like my 2013 CAAD10 Black Inc. Other than some obvious component differences.

Last edited by dvdslw; 12-30-13 at 04:07 PM. Reason: Added Image
Old 12-31-13, 08:27 AM
Bruce27

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 193 Times in 66 Posts
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
11.17.13d.jpg (80.1 KB, 39 views)
Old 12-31-13, 09:53 AM
davidmikesell

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Here's mine. I'm planning to get a pacenti sl23 wheelset eventually to replace the mismatched wheels. The frame's too big but it's what I have.
Old 12-31-13, 04:50 PM
clydeosaur

Bikes: Cannondale Six5, Specialized Stumpjumper FSR & old Hard Rock

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Crappy macbook pic of my new winter / trainer ride. Parts were taken from my Jamis , which decided to crack. From what I can tell, it's a 1995 R800.
Attached Images
Old 12-31-13, 05:38 PM
Smokinbbl

Bikes: SuperSix

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bianchi10
thank you very much for that compliment! Honestly, I like your bike. If it were my bike these are the things I would look at doing:

-Don't like the seatpost shape (im assuming it is a 3t?), I've never liked the setback to the 3t seatposts.
-Black praxis chainrings.
-I'm on the fence with your bike if I would just keep the spacers or if I would use a conical spacer. I dont like the shape of the conical spacer that comes with the supersix, so I got the evo conical spacer which I find to be much more appearling
-Its a very minor thing, but I would swap out that stock seatpost clamp. It is bulky and heavy. I have an aerozine clamp which is 9g compared to the stock one which is something like 50g. Even if you aren't a weight weenie, it looks much nicer.

Other than that, you have done a nice job with it. Wheels are not something everyone wants to do, but certainly make a big difference in overall aesthetics.

How do you like your bike? What are some things you have wanted to do to your bike?
Thanks for the reply!,

- I agree with you on the seat post. I was a little disappointed when I opened the package when it came in the mail, but I wanted to match the stem and bars, so thats whats staying for now.
- Eventually I want to get a better/lighter crank. just not sure where I am going to go with it. If I had my choice I would go with either a SRAM crank or the Cannondale crank.
- I agree also with the spacers. I cut the steerer when I had the original Cannondale stem on it. When I got the 3t stem, it is deeper than the cannondale stem, so the conical spacer doesn't fit. Maybe I can find one that is a bit shorter.
- I had no Idea that the seat post clamp was that bulky. gonna have to be on the lookout for a new one.
- and lastly, I contemplated getting deep dish carbon wheels, but recently got an assignment to move to Aviano Air Base Italy. That being said, I decided to get a good light climbing set. I opted to hand build a set. I went with DT S240 hubs, double butted DT swiss spokes, and stans no tubes 240 hoops. The set weights 1340 gr. They are not in the picture, but they are debadged, so you they don't look any different, but the red markings on the hubs match really well.

I like my bake so far. My ultimate goal was to make the bike all stealth except the frame. I didn't want loud wheels, or stem/seatpost. I really like the SRAM Rival group. Its light and with the mate black carbon shifters, they match the bike well.

My future goals are new crank, and possibly new group set, not sure. I like my light wheels, but if I had all the money in the world, I would love a set of Mavin Cosmic Carbon wheels!

anyways, thanks for the advise, and hope you have a great New Years!
Old 12-31-13, 07:01 PM
bianchi10
King Hoternot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Smokinbbl
Thanks for the reply!,

- I agree with you on the seat post. I was a little disappointed when I opened the package when it came in the mail, but I wanted to match the stem and bars, so thats whats staying for now.
- Eventually I want to get a better/lighter crank. just not sure where I am going to go with it. If I had my choice I would go with either a SRAM crank or the Cannondale crank.
- I agree also with the spacers. I cut the steerer when I had the original Cannondale stem on it. When I got the 3t stem, it is deeper than the cannondale stem, so the conical spacer doesn't fit. Maybe I can find one that is a bit shorter.
- I had no Idea that the seat post clamp was that bulky. gonna have to be on the lookout for a new one.
- and lastly, I contemplated getting deep dish carbon wheels, but recently got an assignment to move to Aviano Air Base Italy. That being said, I decided to get a good light climbing set. I opted to hand build a set. I went with DT S240 hubs, double butted DT swiss spokes, and stans no tubes 240 hoops. The set weights 1340 gr. They are not in the picture, but they are debadged, so you they don't look any different, but the red markings on the hubs match really well.

I like my bake so far. My ultimate goal was to make the bike all stealth except the frame. I didn't want loud wheels, or stem/seatpost. I really like the SRAM Rival group. Its light and with the mate black carbon shifters, they match the bike well.

My future goals are new crank, and possibly new group set, not sure. I like my light wheels, but if I had all the money in the world, I would love a set of Mavin Cosmic Carbon wheels!

anyways, thanks for the advise, and hope you have a great New Years!
Here is a link to the seatpost clamps. I have the aerozine titanium clamp (3rd down on the right)
https://www.torontocycles.com/Selling...st_Clamps.html

-As for the conical spacer, The Evo spacer is 20mm where as the supersix conical spacer is 25mm, so that may be enough to help you get back to a conical instead of the stack.

-Either crank will be better, but in the spirit of cannondale love, I'd go with the Hollowgram SL crank.

I completely understand wanting to match the seatpost to the cockpit. I did the same thing with my Ritchey, though I'm on the hunt for new bars. I want to get FSA Nano K-force compact bars. This will disrupt my matching cockpit, so I will either use acetone on my ritchey 260 stem OR get an "Extralite" stem which will save me another 15-18g. If I do that, I would eventually swap out my ritchey seatpost as well for an extralite seatpost, which would save another 20-30g depending on how short I was able to cut it.

Happy New year also!
Old 12-31-13, 07:07 PM
longbeachgary

Bikes: Eddy Merckx San Remo 76, Eddy Merckx San Remo 76 - Black Silver and Red, Eddy Merckx Sallanches 64 (2); Eddy Merckx MXL;

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dvdslw

That looks a lot like my 2013 CAAD10 Black Inc. Other than some obvious component differences.
How are you liking your DI2?
Old 01-01-14, 12:13 PM
dvdslw

Bikes: Santa Cruz Stigmata

Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
I like it a lot! One of the things I was having trouble with when searching for a road bike was the shifting, it just felt unnatural after using the trigger style XT shifters on my mtb's for so long. My first ride with Di2 was on the CAAD10 Black Inc, one ride and I was sold!
Old 01-02-14, 08:31 PM
kyoto now

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Here's a couple IG'd pics of mine. They're pretty bad, but whatever.

Attached Images
cannon2.jpg (92.9 KB, 46 views)
cannon1.jpg (89.2 KB, 77 views)
Old 01-02-14, 08:42 PM
bianchi10
King Hoternot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kyoto now
Here's a couple IG'd pics of mine. They're pretty bad, but whatever.

would like to see better pictures if you can, thats a nice Cdale and I'd like to stare at it for a bit. Please take the profile picture at the same level as the top bar, not from below.
Old 01-02-14, 11:01 PM
mysensesfailme

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After envying this beauty on ebay for a few weeks, it turned up under my christmas tree this year.

1997 Cad3

Attached Images
cannondale.jpg (101.1 KB, 22 views)
Old 01-02-14, 11:01 PM
SpeshulEd 

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
So sexy!

I've decided that if I lose 25lbs this year, I'm buying a set of enve's. That should give me some motivation.

Old 01-02-14, 11:07 PM
bianchi10
King Hoternot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpeshulEd
So sexy!

I've decided that if I lose 25lbs this year, I'm buying a set of enve's. That should give me some motivation.

Thanks Ed! You can do it!!! Your Evo would look outstanding on a set of Enve's.
Old 01-02-14, 11:29 PM
gus6464

Quoted: 353 Post(s)
Liked 92 Times in 67 Posts
New clinchers on my EVO and waiting for new zero setback seatpost to arrive.

Old 01-02-14, 11:56 PM
SpeshulEd 

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Thanks Ed! You can do it!!! Your Evo would look outstanding on a set of Enve's.
Exactly what I was thinking!

I gained 10lbs in December between not riding and holiday food. It shouldn't be too hard to get back to where I was and then I only have 15lbs to go!

Old 01-03-14, 12:13 AM
bianchi10
King Hoternot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking!

I gained 10lbs in December between not riding and holiday food. It shouldn't be too hard to get back to where I was and then I only have 15lbs to go!
I hear ya! I've ridden twice now in 2 months. Plus the holidays, I gained 12 lbs over the last couple months!! I'm hoping to lean upaand have the 6 pack back for summer.
Old 01-03-14, 12:20 AM
thirdgenbird

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mysensesfailme
After envying this beauty on ebay for a few weeks, it turned up under my christmas tree this year.

1997 Cad3

That will be a real looker if you install some veloflex master tires, road pedals, and black fizik bar tape.

oh, and clean your room first
Old 01-03-14, 12:24 AM
SpeshulEd 

Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
I'll probably never have a 6 pack, if I do, I'm getting something snazzy and expensive to treat myself.

Old 01-03-14, 10:05 AM
mysensesfailme

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thirdgenbird
That will be a real looker if you install some veloflex master tires, road pedals, and black fizik bar tape.

oh, and clean your room first
Pedals are on their way, tires will be next, and tape eventually. Probably a new saddle in their as well.

And that's the clean part of my room
Old 01-03-14, 10:19 AM
thirdgenbird

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mysensesfailme
Pedals are on their way, tires will be next, and tape eventually. Probably a new saddle in their as well.

And that's the clean part of my room
A saddle and seatpost were my next suggestions but I didn't want to overwhelm you.
Old 01-03-14, 01:02 PM
just dank
Cult Classic Cycling Club

Bikes: Ridley Helium, Norco Search

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

here's my 63cm System Six minus the chain. When it's on there will be proper pictures.
Frame: 63cm Cannondale System Six
Fork/Headset: Cannondale System Six
Crankset/Bottom Bracket: Cannondale Hollowgram SL / Cannondale BB30
Pedals: Shimano Ultegra
Drivetrain/Cog/Chainring/Chain: FSA Campy rings 53/39 / Campagnolo Chorus 27-12 cassette / Campagnolo Chorus chain
Derailleurs/Shifters: FD: Campagnolo Super Record RD Campagnolo Record / Campagnolo Chorus shifters
Handlebars/Stem: 3T Rotundo Team/ 3T ARX Team Stealth130mm
Saddle/Seatpost: Fizik Airone R3/ Easton EA70
Brakes: Campagnolo Record

Front Wheel/Hub/Tire: Campagnolo Bullet Ultra CULT / Schwable Ultremo ZX
Rear Wheel/Hub/Tire: Campagnolo Bullet Ultra CULT / Schwable Ultremo ZX

Accessories: TI seatpost bolts, TI watter bottle cages, Zipp wheel skewers, carbon bottle cages

Last edited by just dank; 01-03-14 at 01:26 PM. Reason: added text
Old 01-03-14, 01:48 PM
bianchi10
King Hoternot

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That looks pretty darn sexy for a 63cm! Not many large frames can look good. I'm not usually a fan of that style of var shape but I think that helps the front end not look so tall.

Nicely done. Would love to see some outside pictures
Old 01-03-14, 08:01 PM
pretzelogic

Bikes: Cannondale Super6 Evo Di2, Titus Motolite

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
So sexy!

Sexy is an understatement.
Old 01-10-14, 06:21 PM
azdave_66

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

2013 caad8 5 105

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.