Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Vintage Rockhoppers find in Portugal

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-18, 03:50 PM
bikesandbrainz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vintage Rockhoppers find in Portugal

Hi All,
First time posting. I picked up an old rockhopper yesterday from a guy who had done a little work on it. I am still learning portuguese, but the guy definitely wasn't sure of the year or even where it came from originally. Minus one dent on the seat tube, the frame is in pretty great condition and it rides like a dream on the cobblestone roads. It appears to have some original Deore Lx cantis, so I thought it might be a 1993 comp, but the color pattern doesn't seem to match anything I've found so far on the internet. I am not trying to sell it, I am just not going to be able to sleep at night not know it's manufacture year. Anyone have any guesses?
Thanks for any help! For reference, the bike is burgundy/maroon and the hardrock lettering is green
Old 10-23-18, 04:21 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
You're likely in the wrong forum (try C&V, not the valuations forum) and we'll need some pics of the bike especially of the drive side. You can't post pics though with at least 10 posts so you'll want to go to the introductions section and spam it a few times until you hit 10.

These are great bikes and well worth restoring. I have a 1987 stumpjumper comp and a 1987 rockhopper.