Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Roll 3.0- any recommended add ons?

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-24, 03:26 PM
mlau

Bikes: Xootr Swift

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 47 Posts

Dear Bike Forum,

I bought my wife a Specialized Roll 3.0 along with the custom fenders.
We found the local potholes/roads not too good for her Brompton.

Do you have any recommendations for add ons?

I'd like her to be able to enjoy our neighborhood, and fall in love with biking.
I'm thinking of maybe a rack? Baby carrier? Coffee cup holder? Maybe a cute bell?
Old 04-16-24, 07:33 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4387 Post(s)
Liked 4,023 Times in 2,686 Posts
What does she want or need? I don't know your wife but she would be the perfect person to ask about it!

For me personally it would be Ergon grips but I don't run flat bars without Ergon grips. Beyond that a PDW animal (Bird, Good Dog, Happy Cat, Owl, Otter...) or King Cage and a Spurcycle bell However she might want something different and that would be the ideal question for her.
Old 04-21-24, 10:14 PM
mlau

Bikes: Xootr Swift

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 157 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 47 Posts
Thanks for the tips!

I put on a foldylock on the main frame. Will install fenders later. Rear light is coming soon. Front light mount will be installed tomorrow.

Will likely try to figure out a coffee cup holder

Any tips on a good rack?
Old 04-21-24, 10:45 PM
Duragrouch

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 773 Post(s)
Liked 426 Times in 340 Posts
I love having racks and panniers, and if planning a kid carrier long term, buy one capable of that. But I would not carry any age child on the bike until she has plenty of bike experience. And then, make the child carrier as safe as possible, including helmet, good harness, and hopefully rollover protection. And, a kickstand that stably supports the bike with kid and carrier, you might need a double-stand. If the bike frame is not a step-thru, a rear carrier can be very difficult for rider to mount bike. Better I think is a child trailer, harness, and rollover hoop; The bike can fall and the trailer is still on both wheels, right side up.

Last edited by Duragrouch; 04-21-24 at 10:48 PM.
Old 04-22-24, 05:50 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 4387 Post(s)
Liked 4,023 Times in 2,686 Posts
Originally Posted by mlau
Thanks for the tips!

I put on a foldylock on the main frame. Will install fenders later. Rear light is coming soon. Front light mount will be installed tomorrow.

Will likely try to figure out a coffee cup holder

Any tips on a good rack?
You are welcome

If you are looking for a proper folding lock make sure it is an ABUS Bordo. They invented the thing and know how to make it secure. Cheap copies don't do well.

For racks I would look at Tubus if I am looking to carry just standard panniers or would go Racktime if I wanted a good system. Basically any Racktime or MIK/Basil accessories will fit on the rack so long as you use the right bottom plate.

PDW makes a coffee holder called the Bar-Ista works well.