Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Looking for an expert opinion

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-17, 09:50 PM
cory540

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking for an expert opinion

I have an old Fuji Dynamic 10 that is in decent condition

Aside from the obvious dry rot on the tires, I can't find much wrong with this bike

I know that some old fujis can be worth more than expected and I was wondering if I had one of those cases (fingers crossed)

Also, I've looked into the seat thats on the bike and believe that it carries some value as well

Any insight into what I've got is greatly appreciated!
Old 07-18-17, 03:13 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,752 Times in 939 Posts
Your bicycle is of entry level quality and not particularly valuable. As you noted, the saddle does have some value but not much more than fifty dollars.

Hope that is a help and I am not sure that I qualify as an expert.
Old 07-18-17, 05:24 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,039 Times in 1,877 Posts
The subject bicycle is a 1975 or 1976 Fuji Dynamic 10. It was introduced to cover the upper entry level market and was the bottom model in Fuji's adult, lightweight line. While not valuable, Fuji does have more appeal than many of the other Japanese brands and this particular model was only produced for two years with its successor, the Dynamic 12 only being produced for a single year. The relative rarity in combination with the Fuji name does mean that it will fetch a slight premium, particularly from a Fuji collector.

Yes, some leather saddles can be worth quite a bit of money. However, it all depends on the model and condition.|This one is not without its issues and is one of the lower models. The better Fujita Belt models sell for $60-$72 US in excellent condition. NOS samples of the lower end model like this, sell for about $40-$50 US. Given the condition, this one is worth about $20.