Search
Notices
Southern California Southern California

Bike Shows?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-19, 12:39 AM
flatlander_48
Cathedral City, CA

Bikes: 2016 RITCHEY BreakAway (full Chorus 11), 2005 Ritchey BreakAway (full Chorus 11, STOLEN), 2001 Gary Fisher Tassajara mountain bike (sold), 2004 Giant TRC 2 road bike (sold)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Bike Shows?

Are there any bike shows in SoCal (basically Los Angeles and southward)? I’m a bit spoiled as I worked in Taiwan for 6 years and attended the Taipei (4x) and Taichung (1x) shows...
Old 03-03-19, 07:29 AM
Garfield Cat

Bikes: Cervelo Prodigy

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 67 Posts
Bike shows? Or Trade Shows?

This link describes the trade show. This could explain why

https://www.shopify.com/encyclopedia/trade-show

For instance, Interbike,

https://www.interbike.com/show/about-the-show/
Old 03-03-19, 02:10 PM
tony2v

Bikes: 1975 Albert Eisentraut, 1992 Bill Davidson, 2006 Moots Compact, 2007 KHS Solo-One, 2010 Van Dessel Drag Strip Courage, 2013 Alchemy Xanthus, 2016 Breadwinner Lolo, 2018 Moots VaMoots RSL, 2019 Chapter2 Tere Disc, 2020 Chapter2 Ao Limited Edition

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked 32 Times in 16 Posts
Go north to Sacramento March 15-17 2019:
https://www.nahbs.com/
Old 03-08-19, 12:43 PM
flatlander_48
Cathedral City, CA

Bikes: 2016 RITCHEY BreakAway (full Chorus 11), 2005 Ritchey BreakAway (full Chorus 11, STOLEN), 2001 Gary Fisher Tassajara mountain bike (sold), 2004 Giant TRC 2 road bike (sold)

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I probably should have been more specific. Taipei and Taichung, both in Taiwan, are bicycle trade shows. I was an expatriate there for 6 years. Taipei runs 4 or 5 days and is a major international show that covers a tremendous amount of floor space. It has a day or 2 for the general public. Taichung is a smaller, more focused show (2 or 3 days) that is geared to helping develop business relationships, strategic alliances, etc. However, I had industry credentials, claiming that my employer was looking for possible specialty material applications (marginally true). As I am now retired and not affiliated with anything cycling related, I would be part of the general public.

When I last checked Interbike a few years ago, I don’t think the general public was allowed. As they are skipping a year, we’ll have to wait to see what they will be doing.

Sacramento for the NA Handmade Bike Show is a long hike from the Coachella Valley, so that really isn’t an option. As they move every year, at some point it might make sense to combine that with other tourist attractions or visits with relatives or friends who are in the same area as the venue. Unfortunately I don’t know anyone around Sacramento.
Old 03-09-19, 09:23 AM
Garfield Cat

Bikes: Cervelo Prodigy

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 478 Post(s)
Liked 87 Times in 67 Posts
Originally Posted by flatlander_48
I probably should have been more specific. Taipei and Taichung, both in Taiwan, are bicycle trade shows. I was an expatriate there for 6 years. Taipei runs 4 or 5 days and is a major international show that covers a tremendous amount of floor space. It has a day or 2 for the general public. Taichung is a smaller, more focused show (2 or 3 days) that is geared to helping develop business relationships, strategic alliances, etc. However, I had industry credentials, claiming that my employer was looking for possible specialty material applications (marginally true). As I am now retired and not affiliated with anything cycling related, I would be part of the general public.

When I last checked Interbike a few years ago, I don’t think the general public was allowed. As they are skipping a year, we’ll have to wait to see what they will be doing.

Sacramento for the NA Handmade Bike Show is a long hike from the Coachella Valley, so that really isn’t an option. As they move every year, at some point it might make sense to combine that with other tourist attractions or visits with relatives or friends who are in the same area as the venue. Unfortunately I don’t know anyone around Sacramento.
General Public: you can still be admitted into that trade show Interbike. As an "Exhibitor Guest" .
Old 03-10-19, 09:45 PM
FolderBeholder

Bikes: 1963 Schwinn, EuroMini Urbano, Magnum Premium 48, Brompton S6L, Tokyo Bike Mini-Velo

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 29 Posts
Sounds like OP is accustomed to a show more mass-producer centric, but I just reviewed the entire exhibitors list for the NAHBS and thats something I’d like to attend sometime....

The craft made bicycles are plentiful and those are something I really admire. Seeing them in one place at one time would be something worth my time. They are my favorite subset of bicycles in general (I’m only as close as owning a Brompton though!)
Old 03-17-19, 12:28 PM
flatlander_48
Cathedral City, CA

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FolderBeholder
Sounds like OP is accustomed to a show more mass-producer centric, but I just reviewed the entire exhibitors list for the NAHBS and thats something I’d like to attend sometime....
I wouldn’t exactly say that, but I probably do have more interest in the mechanical hardware than most (retired mechanical engineer). The NAHBS is a great show, but out of the last 10 years or so I’ve only been close to where it was being held one time and I couldn’t make it work. Anyway, I live about 2 hours above the CA/Mexico border. Sacramento is about a 7 1/2 hour drive from here...
Old 03-17-19, 12:35 PM
flatlander_48
Cathedral City, CA

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Garfield Cat
General Public: you can still be admitted into that trade show Interbike. As an "Exhibitor Guest" .
It doesn’t appear that Interbike still exists. Seems like it is rolled into the Outdoor Show somehow...