Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

2014 Specialized Sirrus - Good for first timer?

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-23, 12:16 PM
mardukis

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all, I'm brand new to serious biking and am looking to get a bike mostly to use with a kickr core and occasionally road biking up canyons. Is $700 a good deal for a 2014 Specialized Sirrus Comp Carbon bike? and would that work well with a kickr core?

I'm a fairly serious trail runner looking to get some cross training in via biking.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this type of question. Thanks for any advice in advance!
Old 12-30-23, 06:24 AM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
Originally Posted by mardukis
Hi all, I'm brand new to serious biking and am looking to get a bike mostly to use with a kickr core and occasionally road biking up canyons. Is $700 a good deal for a 2014 Specialized Sirrus Comp Carbon bike? and would that work well with a kickr core?

I'm a fairly serious trail runner looking to get some cross training in via biking.

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this type of question. Thanks for any advice in advance!
Is this the Sirrus you are looking at: https://99spokes.com/bikes/specializ...us-comp-carbon

10 years ago, that was a $1279 bike. Since there are a great many used bikes up for sale at this time of year, you should assume that the price is negotiable. I am not able to locate any Sirrus this old on Marketplace to check a price range. Personally, I would try to get it down to $500. This is assuming it is in really good condition, border line excellent condition. I would even suggest having a bike shop check it over BEFORE buying it. If it doesn't work out, you as the buyer have a lot of options out there since there are so many used bikes up for sale. My thoughts are, there are many newer used bikes in the $700 range whether alum or carbon that in my opinion might be more nice. If this is primarily for a Kickr and rarely for a ride, aluminum might be better...but it is your choice, your money.

I attempted to use the Bicycle blue book just for a general idea on price for this bike. Their site is not coming up for me at this time.

I don't use a kickr, I use a Saris trainer. Quick Google search on what bikes would work with a Kickr has the company stating:

Disclaimer: Because of the wide variety of bicycle makes and models, it is not possible for Wahoo to guarantee the KICKR's compatibility with all bicycles matching these parameters. To fully ensure compatibility, we recommend visiting a local Wahoo retailer to test your bicycle's fit before purchasing.

Checking KICKR / CORE Bicycle Compatibility - Yonyx

Old 12-30-23, 06:35 AM
Bogey Speedwell

Bikes: Cannondale Topstone, Trek Dual Sport, State Bicycle Klunker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked 132 Times in 69 Posts
Without more info like component details, I may be a bit cautious on a 10 year old carbon bike. Additionally there are 10 year old bikes that are garage queens and those that were daily commuters, and that price range would vary greatly.

currently it seems to be a buyers market, so there should be some great steals,

Most importantly make sure the size is correct